Drugs, drugs, and drugs!!! - What is your opinion?

Poll: Should drugs be legalized?

Questions about drugs!

Should drugs be legalized? - Single Choice

• Some should and some shouldn't (specify) 52.3%
  • No 26.2%
  • Yes 21.5%

Poll: Should drugs be researched for their medical effects?

Questions about drugs!

Should drugs be researched for their medical effects? - Single Choice

• Some should and some shouldn't 9.3%
  • No 3.7%
  • Yes 86.9%

Poll: If a drug has no medical benefits, should it be legalized so the

Questions about drugs!

If a drug has no medical benefits, should it be legalized so the - Single Choice

• Depends on the drug 45.8%
  • No 29%
  • Yes 25.2%
    Everything should be legal.
    And everyone should be responsible for their actions, regardless of what is in their system.
    "It's hard to kill a man once you've seen pictures of his kids"
    I don't really care about the legality of "hardcore" chemical drugs (the likes of heroin, meth, amphetamines, synthetic/semi-synthetic opiates, benzodiazepenes...etc). What I care about is the stark idiocy of making naturally available things illegal. The consumption of things like mushrooms, cactus (peyote/San Pedro), root bark (mimosa, banisteriopsis) , marijuana should logically be up to each and every human. You can warn and inform, but it's ridiculous and silly to make nature illegal. This even extends to substances such as LSD, which has shown time and time again its benefit to human beings.

"I believe that with the advent of acid, we discovered a new way to think, and it has to do with piecing together new thoughts in your mind. Why is it that people think it's so evil? What is it about it that scares people so deeply, even the guy that invented it, what is it? Because they're afraid that there's more to reality than they have confronted. That there are doors that they're afraid to go in, and they don't want us to go in there either, because if we go in we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control" - Ken Kesey
    Finding order in chaos
    Quote from _Salvation

I don't really care about the legality of "hardcore" chemical drugs (the likes of heroin, meth, amphetamines, synthetic/semi-synthetic opiates, benzodiazepenes...etc). What I care about is the stark idiocy of making naturally available things illegal. The consumption of things like mushrooms, cactus (peyote/San Pedro), root bark (mimosa, banisteriopsis) , marijuana should logically be up to each and every human. You can warn and inform, but it's ridiculous and silly to make nature illegal. This even extends to substances such as LSD, which has shown time and time again its benefit to human beings.

"I believe that with the advent of acid, we discovered a new way to think, and it has to do with piecing together new thoughts in your mind. Why is it that people think it's so evil? What is it about it that scares people so deeply, even the guy that invented it, what is it? Because they're afraid that there's more to reality than they have confronted. That there are doors that they're afraid to go in, and they don't want us to go in there either, because if we go in we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control" - Ken Kesey

As a chemist, it drives me mad whenever I read/hear : natural = good, chemical = bad. Natural products can be absolutely harmless or deadly poisonous, just like artificially produced molecules...

Also, I laugh (respectfully) at "Should drugs be researched for their medical effects ?". Do you really believe they aren't already ?
    To op: you don't know heroin. Let me tell you just this: imagine your strongest orgasm x100 intensity, for the entire trip. I think it's a day. It gets everyone addicted, without a miss. That's what I'm told. Some drugs should never be legalized, like krokodil etc. And LSD can really give you a good experience but it fucked up a lot of people for life as well. Some trips you never, ever get out. Never :/

^ Wotb + br up: live conditions.
    Quote from Vulmio

Quote from _Salvation

As a chemist, it drives me mad whenever I read/hear : natural = good, chemical = bad. Natural products can be absolutely harmless or deadly poisonous, just like artificially produced molecules...

Also, I laugh (respectfully) at "Should drugs be researched for their medical effects ?". Do you really believe they aren't already ?

You misunderstood. This topic is asking about drugs. There are two classes of drugs, synthetic and natural. I said all the synthetic ones, I do not really care about. THen I advocated the natural ones, never saying "they should be legal because natural is better than chemical". I said natural should be legal because..well, it's natural. That's it.

Psychedelic drugs are vastly under-researched and minimally understood, by the way.

Quote from Kamisei2400

To op: you don't know heroin. Let me tell you just this: imagine your strongest orgasm x100 intensity, for the entire trip. I think it's a day. It gets everyone addicted, without a miss. That's what I'm told. Some drugs should never be legalized, like krokodil etc. And LSD can really give you a good experience but it fucked up a lot of people for life as well. Some trips you never, ever get out. Never :/

True, but you can't blame the substance. Something triggered that bad trip, external or internal, and is almost always due to a fault in set/setting.
    Finding order in chaos
    Well, you actually can blame the substance though. As an essential prerequisite for the (bad) trip. And it's impossible to point the exact cause of a bad trip. With other substances, even legal ones, SWIK experienced bad trips in a good mood and setting. At the end of the day, it's still drugs :)

Drugs being illegal is creating a market for dealers. Legalizing it and even create state production facilities can create quality control and annihilate profit margins dealers have. Where I live it happened with marijuana and the dealer's market is marginalized to those without access to legal alternatives, which is foreigners.

I love weed.

That is all.
    depends on the drug that it should be legal or not? and yeah if drugs become legal and missuse by some people then their will be a problem.....
    Quote from christamiller

depends on the drug that it should be legal or not? and yeah if drugs become legal and missuse by some people then their will be a problem.....

Well, yeah, because it's like apples and pears.

Wow, I did not expect to see this thread make a comeback. :) Nice necro.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    I don't live in the States, and in my country we don't have a serious drug problem. So my opinion may carry little weight,

I don't want legal drugs. What I want is free psychological support for everyone. Maybe it's more expensive but it saves lives.

Now, after learning all these things about Mexico's drug cartels, I would seriously vote for the legalization of drugs if I lived in the States, even though I am against it. I would prefer something like sending that stupid army you got there in the states to obliterate the cartels, but you'd rather occupy Iraq. It's common as well as unfortunate, that the goverment's interests are not the people's interests...
    Quote from maka

I love weed.

That is all.

word! been a pothead since.....mhhhh....quite some time i guess?....mhhh
    what where we talking about?
    http://eu.battle.net...15/hero/3537963
    NoSignToLife

always happy to help/inform
    ingame or here ;)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes