What if there was a proof that God exists..

In your opinion, if there was a proof that God exists or that God has shown itself to us, would we better people knowing that?
    A definitive answer one way or the other would theoretically benefit society greatly, alas I still doubt it would change much. People would still believe whatever they choose to. Reasoning doesn't affect their opinions now, I don't see why further reasoning would help.
    If there was then I would hate him and go to Hell because he is a horrible person and an asshole. He fucked us over way too many times and doesn't care about too many people dying but will help Ray Lewis to the Superbowl (I like the Ravens, I'm not hating).
    Respectful is a strong word...
    I'm pretty sure god doesn't exist. But if he/she does, we need to get rid of him/her.
    Why all the hate for people who may have set foot in a church once or twice and or glanced through the Bible. ?
    god is a computer that has not been made yet

(read asimov's short stories and you'll get it xD)
    as pascal suggests, attempting to prove god's existence is stupid ^.^
    Working with adobe and/or java is like pushing a paper clip against a building and expecting it to move...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    Quote from zeroRooter

as pascal suggests, attempting to prove god's existence is stupid ^.^

talking about god in general is stupid especcialy arguing wether god exists cause there is no rational thinking people who believe in god and you can't argue with irrational people
    There are more proof of Bigfoot, Aliens, Rats the size of a normal human being, but most people deny most of this but yet people still believe in something that has no evidence, no proof. Noone has seen, heard, felt god. Not even a person 10000 years ago. They read through a book some guy wrote to have some bedtime stories to tell his kids.

BUT if it's real I 100% agree with Kyoob, we need to get rid of it.
    All I know is. This past week I have been trying to summon succubus's and this shit just AIN't WORKIN. I am just doing it because I want proof of SOMETHING, and some demon sex.
    you're all off topic... read the question again :)
    besides, I hardly believe any human being who knows almost nothing about life and universe can jump to conclusion that something that created all this does not exist, and that it was all one big accident.
    Quote from enough86

you're all off topic... read the question again :) (no we aren't=
    besides, I hardly believe any human being who knows almost nothing about life and universe can jump to conclusion that something that created all this does not exist, and that it was all one big accident.

Just a question your american right? cause it would explain a lot. No offense but I think it's almost the only country where creationism and religon etc have actually been considered beeing taught as facts and not just history/Religion.
    Just wondering cause I keep seing deeply retarded religious threads started on curse forums and wonder if it's trolls or what.
    this is how i live really, science shows itself and proves of its existence every day (your using a computer, science)
    still people believe in fair tales from an old book written ages ago.

consider the reverse, good shows himself and proves hes existence, Christianity is proven right, most/"all" science is wrong.who am i then to deny that.
    Don't the Cristian people think I'm pretty stupid to still denying Christianity if thats the case?

consider the second statement, reverse it, and understand why religion is stupid.
    as "god" have not given us real proof that he exist, he doesn't for what we know. SAME, RULE, GOES, FOR, SCIENCE.
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    Quote from enough86

you're all off topic... read the question again :)

Jumping to conclusion? You think that if people don't believe that someone created this uber-complex system then they're jumping to conclusion and you're not when you think that someone had to be the creator of an uber-complex system such as this universe?

Please. Creationists. Supporters of intelligent design. Watch and enlighten yourselves.

"God? What's that?"
    oh Neil again your logical reasoning makes me warm in side whit understanding and knowledge

hes a cool guy, not an "Atheist" he have said himself, but he believes in doing something good every day
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    How much stupid stuff in this thread.

The "science vs religion" fight is so stupid - no one who knows a little bit about the history of science would ever say that. Look at most theoretical physicists. And look at one of the greatest scientists ever - Isaac Newton - who was deeply religious.

It's also stupid to equal "belief in god" and "creationism". As a European, for many years I had no idea that there were even people in the world who believe in this stupid stuff that god created the world. Still many people in Europe are very religious. Creationism seems to be a US thing, so please keep it out of general religion discussions.

And what's this "if god exists, we need to kill it" - I really don't get that. Trying to offend some people? Even though I don't care, I don't understand this attitude... grow up.

Ok, back to topic.
    Look at the definition of Religion on Wikipedia: There are numerous definitions of religion and only a few are stated here. The typical dictionary definition of religion refers to a "belief in, or the worship of, a god or gods" or the "service and worship of God or the supernatural".

So it's mainly about belief. If there is PROOF that god exists, it's basically the end of religion, because it's not "believing" anymore, it's just "knowing".
    Quote from Nivius

oh Neil again your logical reasoning makes me warm in side whit understanding and knowledge

hes a cool guy, not an "Atheist" he have said himself, but he believes in doing something good every day

Same here,

Feel a little better and warm inside too, the Morgan Freeman of science \ ^ ^ /
    Quote from Bagstone

So it's mainly about belief. If there is PROOF that god exists, it's basically the end of religion, because it's not "believing" anymore, it's just "knowing".

What a fabulous way to summarise the question :-) Belief in religion is almost always NOT based upon real and objective evidence of verifiable, and reproducible facts. It is naive to simplify the reasons for belief into a simple list. Likewise debating whether evidence for the existence of God assumes that evidence (and usually we mean scientific evidence) is the prime reason why theists believe in God and their respective religions....
    If there had ever been the slightest shred of proof gods exist, I'd be all over the believing : )

Oh and http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3qb9p0/

-Alamar
    The proof and the signs are all around, every single day.

Matthew 16:1-4
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes