Just broke up

Quote from aldrek

Sounds like she broke up with you.

this
    Quote from Twistedpandora

hey guys as the title says iv just broke up with my gf we have been together for 3 years i right now im so bummed even the thought of diablo 3 cant cheer me up and its all ive been talking about for like a year.

in my dark hour i turn to you guys, my fellow gamers for some word of encouragement.

go

Learn to hate and resent everything about her and get on with your life. If she comes back saying that she's learned from her mistakes don't believe a word of it and reject her on the spot. People only dump other people because they only liked them, but never actually loved them. If she dumped you it shows that she has decided that she is incapable of loving you but only liking you. The act itself also demonstrates that she will put her wants and needs always before yours. You should loathe the very thought of her for stringing you along for those three years. During that time you could have found someone who actually did love you.

Diablo 3 isn't going to cheer you up right now. Nothing is going to cheer you up for awhile. The pain is raw and it hurts. The pain is unfamiliar and most people don't understand it. Turning that pain into rage and finding a constructive outlet for it is the best choice to recover the quickest from such a long relationship. Remember the worst thing you can do at the moment is try to fill the void your ex left by dating. You need time to heal and be able to enjoy things again, or in the very least have some variety of activities that make life a little less miserable.

Quote from Aerisot

Nothing in this life is mutual, gosh dang it, if you want her back you damn well better man up and figure out what you did wrong and win her back, have an honest to god conversation with her, Don't beg, don't cry just ask simply, "If you truely want this relationship to be over, tell me now, other wise tell ME what I can do to make this work, and actually do it, do not throw any blame her way.

If she says you play too many video games...tell her to forget herself...D3 is more important, if it has nothing to do with video games then do everything she says.

If she breaks up with you because of some habit(s) that she doesn't like, yet didn't make an effort to help you try and correct the habit(s), then you don't want to be with her period. Her being unable to discuss things that bother her to the point of causing you serious emotional harm, means that she is personally not mature enough to be in a serious relationship.
    If she broke up with you because you spent too much time playing video games or felt that you didn't give her enough honest attention then her logic was: I want more attention from him, but without any clues or attempts on my part to engage him. I'm going to cause some of the worse pain he'll experience in his life, and remove any sense of joy from his life for weeks if not months. Then if he loves me, he'll hunt down the person who caused this pain, that being me, and offer me whatever I want, and lavish me with attention.
    That is the mechanics of anyone who dumps someone because one person spends too much time playing games, and thus feels neglected. I'm not saying the person spending too much time is absolved of any responsibility. When in a relationship you're supposed to keep an eye on your partner, and take note to when they're irritated by some action or habit and do your best to correct it. If the partner to the person in question makes not effort on their part, then they are essentially cutting off your legs because you stubbed their toe. That is not someone you want to be anywhere near in any aspect of your life.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?
    Best thing to do is get outside and distract yourself with friends.
    The more you mope around and think about it, the worse it's gonna be, and the longer you'll be depressed.

Who knows, you might find someone to pick up the peices while your out ^_^
    Quote from kendro1200
    Turning that pain into rage and finding a constructive outlet for it is the best choice to recover the quickest from such a long relationship.
    Make that outlet Diablo III.
    Also, enjoy being single and paying 50% for everything since you're only paying for one. Enjoy not having to buy gifts all the time just so she'll like you. Enjoy doing whatever the hell you want since there's no one to say no.
    Quote from Siaynoq

DON'T KNOW WHAT YA GOT............................................................ TILL IT'SH gyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone!!!!
    this
    Quote from Siaynoq

Quote from Siaynoq

DON'T KNOW WHAT YA GOT............................................................ TILL IT'SH gyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone!!!!
    this

Is this why you have over 15k posts?
    Quote from Tralari

+1 post

(And no, this is the off-topic section. Posts don't count here. People who don't appreciate my spam never appreciate my walls-of-text-posts either so get bent, lady.)
    Quote from Siaynoq

Quote from Tralari

+1 post

(And no, this is the off-topic section. Posts don't count here. People who don't appreciate my spam never appreciate my walls-of-text-posts either so get bent, lady.)

Nice counter-punch.
    Quote from Siaynoq

Quote from Tralari

+1 post

LOL!
    Quote from Dokuton

So wait. You say you are "so bummed". But then you tell us it was a mutual agreement to break up. So you're saying you were wrong? Anyways take your experience from that relationship to better your next. If you got fat in those 3 years or are fat start losing weight and be open for more relationships.
    HAHAHA who says that?Yes ,follow this (I'm assuming) girl's advice losing weight will save your life. Look buddy the most important thing you can do is to not waste a minute of your life. Do the things that make you happy, dont beat up on yourself. Its easy to start taking our sadness out on ourselves and it only makes things worse.
    Moral of the story
    Don't get emotionally attached to females who you are sexually involved with
    By far the #1 mistake virtually ALL men make in their lives

Now you know...
    Eventually, we're all worm food. Even the worms.
    Dude get over it already. For this thread to have this many pages of replies to this retarded topic is embarrassing for a Diablo fansite. Imagine a newcomer visiting this site trying to gain some D3 info and running into this discussion about this pathetic kid's life.
    Woaw.. did I just read a sympathy thread on a D3 gaming forum?
    Really dude...?
    Really?

Word of advice: go hang out with your IRL friends, even in the off-topic section this thread is [insert flame].
    Oh, and keep in mind that many nerds have never felt the gentle touch of a female, you should be thankful and humbled by your 3-year experience.

Siaynoq made me laugh, tnx man!
    Nothing gets you over the last one like the next one.
    Oh.. hmmm... sorry for this type of negative and realistic response. These are looked down upon right? Will this type of post get deleted? I apologize if it's inappropriate. Is this fansite a biased and restricted community forum where only certain opinions are welcome?
    Sorry to hear that you are in a very bad situation at the moment. But here is my advice :troll:
    Ask your ex if she is interested in haveing sex with you and another chick :D (its not like she can brake up with you 2 times right?)
    Any who just move on and start investing more time in yourself and start doing things that you could not do while you ware in that relationship.
    Quote from ansl

Woaw.. did I just read a sympathy thread on a D3 gaming forum?
    Really dude...?
    Really?

Word of advice: go hang out with your IRL friends, even in the off-topic section this thread is [insert flame].
    Oh, and keep in mind that many nerds have never felt the gentle touch of a female, you should be thankful and humbled by your 3-year experience.

Siaynoq made me laugh, tnx man!

This.
    Hi mate,

Sorry to hear of your recent mutual break up. When it's still fresh, it hurts the most and can be a little confusing. But look, your still young and there are many girls out there for you. Don't ever look at changing yourself for anyone or dwell on what you guys may have done better to make it last. These things happen unfortunetly and it sucks I know..but its a fact of life.

Here are just a few things you can do for now.

Accept it

Before you can move on, you need to accept the reality of your situation.
    You broke up, it’s over. Let reality sink in - even if it takes a while.
    Don’t allow yourself to harbor secret fantasies of getting back together or how She’s going to come crawling back to you.
    Respect that this chapter of your life has closed and tell yourself that you’re going to have to get over it and move on.

Distance yourself

Maybe one day the two of you can be friends again, but now is not the time.
    Your heart is still freshly wounded and seeing her or contacting her will only make things worse. If you guys live together which is the case, I suggest you move out or she does as quickly as possible.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself
    Over the years, men have earned the reputation of being big babies because they're always feeling sorry for themselves. Being dumped only adds to this.

Every guy thinks his breakup is the most traumatic one in history. The truth of the matter is that breakups always follow the same pattern, and life goes on. If you keep thinking about how badly you've been hurt, you will continue to hurt. To deal with a breakup quickly, stop feeling sorry for yourself and be determined and proactive in helping yourself get over her.

Destroy the past

As I mentioned before, many dumped men remain trapped in a limbo state of mind, hoping that their ex will return to them, but they will never admit to this. So a good thing to do is Destroy the past like you destroyed Baal's minions in D2! Guys in general In front of buddies, claim to be over the breakup and swear that their girlfriend no longer means anything to them, but if you ask them to throw away all the love letters and pictures, they'll refuse. Why? In case she does return, they won't have to start a whole new photo collection. Dude....don't be one of these guys...trust me its better for you.

When you're dealing with a breakup, you need to destroy or burn anything that reminds you of her. That's why you need to move out as swiftly as possible....hope I'm not repeating myself here. If you find it difficult, this means that you can't let go and you're still hoping for her to return to you, even though it was mutual and stuff. Believe me, once you meet another woman, all those pictures of your ex will become meaningless.

Keep your head up buddy and remember Diablo 3 is just around the corner. Look at the bright side...more quality time to play D3!

and remember this.....and this goes for all of you here and Diablo fans...

There is only one thing that is absolutely certain in life...only one thing...and that is change.
    Quote from Knight
    There is only one thing that is absolutely certain in life...only one thing...and that is change.

So much for death and taxes lol
    a shade of timelessness~
    Quote from Genesis

Moral of the story
    Don't get emotionally attached to females who you are sexually involved with
    By far the #1 mistake virtually ALL men make in their lives

Now you know...

Thank god you're merely the thought police and not much more...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes