Challenge! What to do?

Opinions, Suggestions and Requests

Introduction:
    To start off this thread I'm going to tell a little about myself and sum up what this is all about.
    First off my names Chris my reason for making this is recently, about 2 weeks ago, I got in an accident. I was driving my motorcycle and I was t-boned. The car smashed into my leg and I was driving about 50mph messing up my leg pretty bad. I can't walk or go many places due to the injury. I'm looking at about 6 weeks before I return to my normal life giving me ridiculous amounts of spare time and my boredom is growing so strong I'm practically going insane. I need your help to occupy my time.

Now obviously, unable to walk severely limits my options on what I can do. I want your help to help me find something to kill time or maybe even discover a new hobby. I've been into many different things, sports, weightlifting, graphic designing, video games and much more.

Interests: (examples of things I've done to maybe spark an idea
    - Lock picking; I could break into my locked house
    - Video games; Almost any kind
    - Graphic Design; Signatures and website related art
    - Painting/Modding Xbox 360 controllers
    - Drawing; I'm not to good lol
    - Creating popular threads; Some threads I've made (different sites) have had more then 10k views
    - Facebook
    - Diablo 3 beta ;D

I know it's not to much but they're vague topics

Your challenge:
    Short, Simple and Sweet. Coming up with something for me to do.

Some examples would be a new hobby, Something that strikes my interest, A time waster, Goals to try and achieve, Creating a helpful thread, Helping people around the forums, Setting a record, making friends. Who knows. It could be anything! My ideas, sadly, have all run out.

I'm willing to try new things, old things with a twist or even requests!
    I can and I'm willing to make signature or profile Icons within reason if all else fails.

Reward:
    As of right now, there is no reward for the winning idea or a successful one but I'm open for ideas and suggestions. A signature is the only thing that comes to mind so I'll use that for now.

1st - Signature and Profile Picture
    2nd - Signature
    3rd - Profile Picture

My current and updated accomplishments:

- Diablo 3 beta
    • - Wizard Maxed
    • - Demon Hunter maxed
    • - Monk Level 12
    • - Witch Doctor level 11
    • - Barbarian Level 9
    • - Hardcore Monk Level 12
    • - 270 Achievement points
    - Graphic Design
    • - Created my Avatar
    • - Created my signature
    • - Created my brothers signature
    Active Project: Diablo 3 Beta Video Requests:
    If you have any feel free to send me suggestions here's a link to the corresponding thread
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/36904-diablo-3-beta-videos/
    First of all so sorry to hear about you getting injured. Bikes are not safe :)

I see that you are sort of a creative type, with the drawing and graphic design. So here is my suggestion:

Get into miniature model painting and paint up something diablo-ish :) Its a great hobby for when u cant move around so much. And its very rewarding too. Great feeling when u finish a project that you are really proud of.

I just finished painting a single model for some roleplaying. I suppose he could be some sort of wizard or mage from sanctuary. Here he is for inspiration.

Hope you make full recovery and wont get too bored the next couple of weeks :)

Best regards; Hjarl

First of all so sorry to hear about you getting injured. Bikes are not safe :)

I see that you are sort of a creative type, with the drawing and graphic design. So here is my suggestion:

Get into miniature model painting

Best regards; Hjarl

That's not a bad idea and thanks for the concern. My motorcycle riding days are over for a while. Seeing my bike is totaled lol. But for the model painting. I've actually painted xbox controllers and did some physical artwork on them, your suggestion reminding me of this doesnt seem like a bad thing to do xP

I'll look in to all of it.
    I appreciate the idea :)
    You seem like a really creative person, you should apply as lead developer for the Diablo III project. Maybe you will be able to finish it...

*sorry*

You seem like a really creative person, you should apply as lead developer for the Diablo III project. Maybe you will be able to finish it...

*sorry*

Props for cleverness! :P
    Made me lol.
    I am also very sorry to hear about your accident. That is most unfortunate and I wish you a brisk and easy recovery.

Just curious, what kind of bike did you ride?

And this isn't really something that is going to take up mass quantities of your time, but hey maybe you have never made a Youtube video before and it turns out that you really enjoy it. Anyways, apparently in the Diablo 3 Beta once Leah is following you, you can return to your room. When you are a female she says "This is my room, do you like it?" or something to that extent (you get the picture), but apparently when you are a male character she displays some hostility towards you (or at least she is unpleased that a male would intrude into her room). I was just wondering if you would make a video so i could see her reaction. Commentary is welcome and preferred also if you have any other beta videos that you plan to make or have already made I would give them a watch for sure.

I am also very sorry to hear about your accident. That is most unfortunate and I wish you a brisk and easy recovery.

Just curious, what kind of bike did you ride?

And this isn't really something that is going to take up mass quantities of your time, but hey maybe you have never made a Youtube video before and it turns out that you really enjoy it. Anyways, apparently in the Diablo 3 Beta once Leah is following you, you can return to your room. When you are a female she says "This is my room, do you like it?" or something to that extent (you get the picture), but apparently when you are a male character she displays some hostility towards you (or at least she is unpleased that a male would intrude into her room). I was just wondering if you would make a video so i could see her reaction. Commentary is welcome and preferred also if you have any other beta videos that you plan to make or have already made I would give them a watch for sure.

Thanks, and my bike was a 2000 Ducati 750SS.

Regarding the leah following you thing, i had no clue about this lol and I would make a video about it but im unsure what recording software i should use, i actually just made a different thread on it lol

the thread link http://www.diablofan...d3-what-to-use/

But if i come across something good I'd be happy to make the video for you.

EDIT: This is all I could get her to say. It's the 2nd main quest of the 4 in the beta.

Heres a picture

I would love to help with that choice, but i have noooo clue about any of that kinda of stuff haha.

I would love to help with that choice, but i have noooo clue about any of that kinda of stuff haha.

It's the thought that counts right? ;D
    Thanks for the pic. Possibly that is an older patch? Or maybe my information source was just wrong =P
    I just took the screenshot so its the newest possible.
    I don't know of anything along those lines or have seen anything like that playing through the beta. Could have been a mistake or even somewhere else through out it.
    I may be a bit old school, but I love reading.. :) Don't know if you like to read, but if you have a good book it's a great way to kill some time. :)
    I can name a few books which I think are very good :)

Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts - A non fiction book which is awesome, and very heavy (so you will have a lot to read). About a guy from Austrailia who escapes prison and ends up in India. He lives in the slum there and works for the mafia. Really awesome book and based on a true story :)

Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - Fantasy, and it's epic. Not much more to say :)

Eragon by Christopher Paolini - It's about Eragon and how he will save Alagaësia. Might supposed to be for younger readers, but I read the first book when I was a teenager and it will always have a place in my heart :)

Dice Man by George Cockcroft - A man who lets the dice decide everthing he does. Maybe something for you to try out to spice up your ordinary day ;)

The Sherlock Holmes series by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Haven't read them yet! But are on my to read list! :)

There are of course many many more books out there! I have some more to recommend, if you show some interest of book I will be more than happy to help you choose some great titles :)

Sunny greetings from Sweden! / Svalqp
    - Write bad haiku poetry and post it all here for our amusement, example:

For just the right gust of wind
    I'd wet myself in the woods
    and trade souls with my wetness.
    After 20 minutes of leaving your head
    in a bucket of chicken
    it'll begin to smell like money.
    At this point, you can either return
    the chicken, or, call your husband.

- Go to wikipedia and press the random article button and read them till night falls and the sun rises again

- Drink 5 redbulls and a tripple espresso and aquire a mandolin, play it till you bleed

- Produce a homemade pinhole picture with a cardboard box

- Say yes to drugs (should probably be one of the first things you do, if you do all of them)

- Adopt an unconventional pet and make it your soulmate. I suggest a duck or crow.

Let me know if you need more, and don't bother with forum signatures. The audience is far too small and they are unforgivably uninteresting and bad most of the time. That's a generalization, not adressing the ones you make. I haven't seen them. Also since you have access to the beta, at least level each character to 13. I did that at least 4 times with all of them already, come on. What's the point of breaking into your own house? Make it interesting. Lay off facebook, it makes you stupid. Finally your ultimate goal; instead of creating threads about things that get 10k views, achieve enough e-interest to inspire other people to create threads about you that reach 10k posts.
    Ne frustra vixisse videar.
    You could help the poor get beta keys :)

Hint: Im poor
    Reading... Scrolling down... Seeing your signature... :o .... Can't focus...
    try to meditate and overcome the limits of your body.

Or just close your eyes and listen to some hearbooks.

There are free ones (public domain) on www.librivox.org maybe find a classic that you always wanted to read and listen to it.
    Listen to music and play minecraft. ^_^ That's what I do lately anyway.. he he.
    I feel sorry for you man, but anyhow here the ideas!
    • One of my greatest time wasters has definately been watching series. Series such as Bones, The Big Bang Theory so on.. Even purchase or.. Yarr! Pirate for a day!
    • IF you really fancy designing signature, you could always make a thread where people could apply for how their signature should look like, you pick out the better ones and create them!
    • Getting new games, i dont know what you like? But your interests seem a lot like mine, and i could therefore suggest RPG games, Such as Fallout (NV), Deux Ex (HR), Dragon Age (2). At a high difficulty keeping you busy at all times!
    • Always make sure to find several friends who are on skype a lot, this way you will always be able to log on to your computer and have a guy to chat with :-)
    Hope some of this could help!

... The next sentence will be true..
    ...The previous sentence was a lie...
    Sorry to hear about you accident, hoping for a quick recovery! ^_^ Now... of the top of my head;
    • Grabbing an idea from your other thread, and if you still enjoy D3Beta and like challenges, you should definitely try and clear the beta with only starter items (or no items at all).
    • As previously stated, Minecraft is a tonne of fun. There's quite a bit you can do, especially with the right mods (and if solo "ain't yo thaang", there's plenty of servers out there).
    • I don't know about you, but I can burn a lot of time just watching series and movies. Especially comedies!
    • Designing is also a passion of mine, I don't do signatures anymore, but I did long time ago. Now I prefer bigger formats, wide-screen, or very tall ones (whatever the technical term is in English :P). So you could either do as suggested above, take requests and do ones you find interesting to make, OR, try another format, something bigger perhaps? I also fancy manipulations, I've done a lot of zombie-faces on friends pictures, simple "fixes", and even some more abstract things.
    • You could pick up animated movie clips, like doing something in Flash, or After Effects :o
    • Take your designing to the next dimension, 3D. Abstract, or maybe recreate your room/house/apartment/box. There's a lot of easy things you can do, my first 3D render was a flashlight and a glass of water laying on a walkway (more like 3 basic shapes on another shape with a stone texture xD)
    • You could always try designing your own sounds and/or music. I love creating anything myself :P.
    • Pick up something new; Like a new language, an instrument, or perhaps programming?
    Wish you the best of luck, hope you get something out of this! (:
    "I just wish Jay Wilson would stop delaying the game to personally draw pictures like these."
    -bashiok
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes