A little 'fight' I had on another forum...

Alright since this is completely stupid and it might involve you spending some of your free time to read this, if you are not interested in yet another "internet argument" then you might be better off if you skip it.

Anyways, for those who've gotten this far, I love you! :D

Intro:
    Ok, you might remember that when I first started posting on this forum I was a bit grumpy, often sparring some tension between me and other posters, but those days are long behind me, I am thinking more clearly now and as I became more and more part of the dfans community it was the right thing to start acting like a reasonable person. Anyways, most of my posts and opinions revolve around quoting blizzard posts and their sources, basically just focusing the attention on what was the official info and blue arguments. (Some of the posts: http://forum.pulsar.bg/showthread.php?t=23305&p=208864#post208864 http://forum.pulsar.bg/showthread.php?t=29549&p=208556#post208556)

Second Intro:
    Although the community here is the best, I really needed a bulgarian (my nationality) community to share opinions on D3. I really felt I could contribute greatly to a forum or a fan site. I stumbled upon the forum of the biggest local game retailer and saw there's a diablo section. Bingo! I saw some old posts, misinformation and a topic with the general d3 info that required an update. So pretty much, what I've been doing all my time with Dfans. So I started quoting (and translating) blue posts again and posted the latest up-to-date information we have available, of course while not showing off or trying to act like a wiseguy.

I guess this makes it the exposition?
    So I started posting, I even found a guy to play the beta with for a little bit, then I recieved a PM from one of the mods (he was only a mod for the Diablo sub-forum) and what seemed to be the most frequent poster on the diablo forum. He asked me if I could share my account with him and I declined politely. He expressed his disappointment with the skills system and I likned him a good topic on the bnet forums around that time, that pretty much summed up the cons and pros of the new system. He was also curious how I got into the beta and I told him that I got it from a diablo-related site (TWSK), and that he should keep his eyes peeled and follow DiabloFans for any future beta give-aways.

Then I made a few posts in some topics, while I recieved some rep points for my work as well, the guy mentioned above, thought that I was posting off-topic and 'stealing his work' by updating it and correcting it. Also he was particularly upset because I quoted his post, when I replied to him... isn't that what we do when we reply to people in forum topics? /facepalm He also disliked me quoting Blizzard on any subject, since he thought Blizzard are stupid lyiers and a big-bad-evil company.

And just tonight it got pretty intense, I kept it cool, while the guy was still actively trying to convice me that I should not even think about replying to him, much less replying to him using quatations, because I was trying to provoke him. Which isn't true I was just trying to make a decent and contructive discussions like we do on this forums (most of the time). He was also upset because me and a couple of other forum members were discussing the latest release date rumour and he really wanted to disallow us doing just that... which is nonsense! You are disallowing discussion on a forum... really?

I know this is just like another high-school quarrel, but I really find it hard to grasp what I did wrong? I just really needed to share this with people, who could really relate with forum activity and the like, since none of my friends spends time on forums and girls don't like hearing anything about video games...
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    The only thing I can think of is that

A: You wouldn't let him have your beta (effin lawl)

B: You're the new kid on the block, showing him up and doing a lot of posting. He's just threatened, and he's used to being the only high king (mod) there.

I wouldn't worry about it in all honesty, just keep posting like normal. And unless it's a cultural thing, I always quote people in a thread that I'm talking to, so not sure what his problem is there lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    A Quote I say.

"There are so many men who posture at being dominant, while inside they are really quite insecure. And when a man thinks that his dominance depends on him being ‘right’ I'd say it's just his insecurity coming out, which manifests itself as a lack of honesty and integrity. But if a man realizes that he doesn't have to be perfect in order to take the dominant leadthat he doesn't have to be right all the time; then he can act out of the inner strength of integrity, and not try to pretend to be something that he's not, just in order to appear dominant. This is what many, many self-proclaimed ‘Doms’ just don't seem to understand: that the more they huff and puff and put on airs of being all-wise and all-important and all-powerful, the more weak and insecure and unmanly they will appear."
    What's up with the lousy ad links on my post? I see those for the first time...
    It sounds to me like you've run into one of the many people who go power mad when they have any kind of admin privileges. It see stuff like that happen mostly in private servers in games, but sometimes forum mods can do it too. Personally I think you went out of your way to help a community that didn't realize they had old information and did a good thing in giving them a translation of all the new information we have here. Some people just get jealous when they can't be ones to "break" news or get in on the ground floor of something.

I couldn't read the posts you referenced, but it really looked like you tried to make sure you could get as much information as possible. I wouldn't worry about this guy, but it would suck if he finally pulls up the testicular fortitude to try and ban you. It would be a shame, not really for you, but for the community that had lost your information and insight.

I say keep up the good work, every fan in every language deserves to know what's going on in the franchise they enjoy.
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    I am not taking side, his re-action to your updated post is not requisite. Though, you know how men hate being wrong. They hate being told they are wrong. They hate even to suspect that they might have been wrong. I think best situation is you pmed him with your idea. Ask him if it was alright for you to post the update, because he was posting the news info for D3.
    Quote from Madoric

A Quote I say.

"There are so many men who posture at being dominant, while inside they are really quite insecure. And when a man thinks that his dominance depends on him being ‘right’ I'd say it's just his insecurity coming out, which manifests itself as a lack of honesty and integrity. But if a man realizes that he doesn't have to be perfect in order to take the dominant leadthat he doesn't have to be right all the time; then he can act out of the inner strength of integrity, and not try to pretend to be something that he's not, just in order to appear dominant. This is what many, many self-proclaimed ‘Doms’ just don't seem to understand: that the more they huff and puff and put on airs of being all-wise and all-important and all-powerful, the more weak and insecure and unmanly they will appear."

Very well said, but I might advise changing the text from red since the Dfans background is very dark.
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    Doomscream, he was probably the Alpha Male & you come in with new exciting info on his turf :P

dont take it to heart matey, you dont know him IRl, you dont any of us, so its a guy behind a PC "Bitching"

go make a coffee and get some cake, its all good
    I know it sounds silly, but think of it this way. A person (A) who have been head of information to his fellow peers, and someone else (B) come in and tells his friends/co-worker something that they did not received from (A). They would then go to (B) now for their info right? Thus, (A) feels like he is being neglected, abandon by his friends. Best thing to do in my own experience is, to confront the previous person and tell them your idea, news, then you can talk it out.
    Quote from Madoric

I am not taking side, his re-action to your updated post is not requisite. Though, you know how men hate being wrong. They hate being told they are wrong. They hate even to suspect that they might have been wrong. I think best situation is you pmed him with your idea. Ask him if it was alright for you to post the update, because he was posting the news info for D3.

Well, one of the admins told me, I did a fine job updating the topic, it was just him being an asshole, so I should try to be careful around him. For me it looks like he was obviously trying to pick-up a fight, since I found out he had quite the tendency to do exactly that.
    I know it sounds silly, but think of it this way. A person (A) who have been head of information to his fellow peers, and someone else (B) come in and tells his friends/co-worker something that they did not received from (A). They would then go to (B) now for their info right? Thus, (A) feels like he is being neglected, abandon by his friends. Best thing to do in my own experience is, to confront the previous person and tell them your idea, news, then you can talk it out.

I really tried to do exactly that... but obviously to no avail.

Doomscream, he was probably the Alpha Male & you come in with new exciting info on his turf :P

dont take it to heart matey, you dont know him IRl, you dont any of us, so its a guy behind a PC "Bitching"

go make a coffee and get some cake, its all good

I don't dring coffe :P (at least I don't have the habit to drink it when I woke up or visit a cafeteria), but I'll go look up if there's any bourbon or beer left :D Or a fat ginger kid to punch in the face.
    Dont think alpha male behaviour has much to do with this. There are tons of angry german ragekids that do not even behave in such a way that show this behaviour. It prolly has to do - which has already been said - with you taking over his 'work'. Even tho his work is wrong, you pretty much come in as a new guy and take over. Now people handle this in different ways and he chooses the one closest to baboon behaviour. Suggest not wasting your time on this guy, cause itll prolly take him 10years+ to calm down and act normal. It's not like localized fansites are often that good anyway, real fans will find their way to the bigger ones using google! Spend your time on those sites amongst the normal people ;)
    I saw nothing wrong with what you did. You came in and brought people up to speed there. That one "dominate" poster was probably pissed because he was losing to a "new kid" and tried to do something to defame you. If it was me, I probably would of snapped almost instantly and actually fought with him. So I applaud your ability to stay calm. The rest I gotta say is keep up the work and topple the dictator! Viva la Revolution! :P
    I don't always burn. But when I do, I use hellfire.
    Quote from Doomscream

Quote from Madoric

Well, one of the admins told me, I did a fine job updating the topic, it was just him being an asshole, so I should try to be careful around him. For me it looks like he was obviously trying to pick-up a fight, since I found out he had quite the tendency to do exactly that.
    I know it sounds silly, but think of it this way. A person (A) who have been head of information to his fellow peers, and someone else ( B) come in and tells his friends/co-worker something that they did not received from (A). They would then go to ( B) now for their info right? Thus, (A) feels like he is being neglected, abandon by his friends. Best thing to do in my own experience is, to confront the previous person and tell them your idea, news, then you can talk it out.

I really tried to do exactly that... but obviously to no avail.

Some people are hard to gratify/ if any, and that is just how it is... sadly. Thus, if this is the case I say move on and "just keep swimming..."
    Quote from Drkclone

I saw nothing wrong with what you did. You came in and brought people up to speed there. That one "dominate" poster was probably pissed because he was losing to a "new kid" and tried to do something to defame you. If it was me, I probably would of snapped almost instantly and actually fought with him. So I applaud your ability to stay calm. The rest I gotta say is keep up the work and topple the dictator! Viva la Revolution! :P

haha, indeed. REVOLUCION! *pew pew*
    It sounds to me like the moderator is doing a very bad job, and felt threatened by your contributions. Anyone who will say you can't use quotes from the developer of a product, to debates points about the product, is making a very desperate arrgument. But it's very hard to argue with a moderator anywhere. If the site doesn't appreciate the information and translations you took the time to make, or the viewers it could potentially bring to their pages, the only thing to do is leave and find a more apprecaitive community.

Or, you could find out how they choose moderators and point out the antagonistic craziness going on. Someone higher up the chain might be interested in having a level headed mod willing to put some effort into things.
    when i saw this i had to chuckle thinking of this topic;

How dare you quote blizzard?

I mean what the hell dude. They are only making the game.
    It's not like they know anything about it, do they?

Show-off.

No but seriously you best stick around here.
    We have cookies.
    Quote from deleo

when i saw this i had to chuckle thinking of this topic;

I'm not here to add anything productive to the conversation. I basically just dropped by to ROFL this.

EDIT: Not that moderators everywhere are like this. DFans seems to have great moderators for instance.
    So basically you corrected him, he went apeshit, and you lol'ed at him for being dumber then a sack of shit.

I'd keep posting like normal. If he wants to ban you, then let him. It'll hurt his website more then it'll hurt you anyway.
    Really Doom? I thought you're better then this. I think we even talked about Pulsar a few times. This is a sh*thole and a place even the employees hate, which they have personally shared with me (having worked there for a few months). The forums are full of absolute retards and uninformed people. And to top it all off - Bulgarians. The one country that knows "everything", is "always right" and has far bigger superiority to anyone else... You really need to stop visiting that forum.

I've been playing online and mulitplayer games for close to 15 years now and guess how many Bulgarians I've played with? None. They always cause extreme irritation. Mostly by their inadequacy.

(I obviously mean Bulgarians that mostly visit such forums as pulsar and pcmania and have no clue of the English language)

Just stop going there and giving them the benefit of your good will and spirit for this game. They don't deserve it.

Ha. Bagstone.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes