PANDAS IN WOW

Pandas have been in the warcraft games since the series began, but as for their appearance in wow im as startled as everyone else. I feel that the change of scenery from lava, destruction and death into a more welcoming environtment might be good. Although i am a bit clueless of what kind of character the pandarians will be. Will it be another op "hero" class like the deathknight?

And i have yet to see any information on the type of gear the pandarians will be using, im guessing leather cause they can't really make another plate user in the game.

Might just be me slow on checking the pandarians.

I myself dont really see any other character to bring in to the game. So pandarians works fine i guess.
    I'm tired of all the QQ about MoP, really. Let's see what the arguements of people crying about the expansion are.

- The expansion will be childish!

Really now? You are playing a game with cartoon graphics, talking cows, aliens and a bunch other childish features. After all it's a 12+ game. It has to be appealing both to the younger ones and the old ones.

- Pandas.

When WoW came out, nobody complained about Tauren being cows or gnomes being too short. At TBC we got the draenei and at Cata the worgen. If you haven't played Warcraft you can't know who the Pandaren are. They have their own lore and Blizzard is expanding it with the expansion.
    After all. You wouldn't complain if they were the Alliance race at TBC just like the original plan was and people kept asking for them to be implemented in the game.

- Pokemon.

While it's true that the pet battles are based totally on pokemon, I see nothing wrong with that. They just give us something else to do instead of AFKing in Stormwind. If you don't want to play it and find it too silly, DON'T.

- Lore sux.

Ok...Blizzard is officially out of lore now with Deathwing dead. Does that mean they have to stop the game? No. They create new chapters. You'll get to explore new areas, get to know new villains and fight against the other faction.

- Talents will be too easy.

Not true. Cataclysm's talent trees were easy. You see, for example, 10 paladins. Everyone has a standard build and if you don't have the same, you are usually the bad one. With MoP choices, you will be able to customize your playstyle even more. Especially in PvP when you won't be able to predict your enemy's moves cause you won't be sure about what he has specced into.

Finishing my post, I have to say that, if you think the expansion will be a joke, don't play it. But you have no reason to judge it before you see what it's really like. Everyone keeps complaining when new expansions are out. Stop that and either reroll game or support the company.

Thanks.
    I don't think the expansion will be a joke, I just think it will be just the same. A few cosmetic changes, a few quests that most people will just plow though without even reading the text and ... well, business as usual after that. Grind tier X, tier X becomes free-for-all, grid tier X repainted and slightly improved, tier X repainted becomes free-for-all, grind tier X+1, ...

WoW was never a "serious" game. Cartoon graphics, lack of long term impact of your actions, lack of gore ... it's not a game that takes itself seriously. I don't really have a problem with that, it's fine as long as it doesn't slip too much into comedy.

Just a few comments on your post: lore .. lore was raped, murdered and then its body butchered long ago. If cow paladins fit the Warcraft lore ... then I'm wrong, but they don't. Talents, you are correct that in the end everyone will have "the spec", because some kid somewhere did "the math" and it emerged to be better by 5%. That's "by design" really, because they wouldn't be able to balance the game if specs performance would be too spread apart (that was vanilla WoW really). Looking back, for most classes all specs were viable, unless you were in some elitist guild hell bend on world/server firsts. Yeah, some was always better in a given fight, but the difference wouldn't make or break a raid. Please note that I am talking about proper specs, made by people that actually understood what made the spec tick. I have raided as arms and fury, as frost and unholy, as demo and destro and affliction, all worked fine. If people tell you yo get "the spec" you have every right to call them close minded idiots.
    Quote from Nersoth

Pandas have been in the warcraft games since the series began, but as for their appearance in wow im as startled as everyone else. I feel that the change of scenery from lava, destruction and death into a more welcoming environtment might be good. Although i am a bit clueless of what kind of character the pandarians will be. Will it be another op "hero" class like the deathknight?

Monk is the word you are looking for. Not Pandas.

And Monks will be level 1.

And the Monk class will be available to every race except Goblins and Worgen.

Quote from Aever1
    Just a few comments on your post: lore .. lore was raped, murdered and then its body butchered long ago. If cow paladins fit the Warcraft lore ... then I'm wrong, but they don't.

Tauren Sunwalkers are basically plate wielding Druids if you read the lore.

And if you want to get down to it, back before WC3, there were no Tauren, so...did WC3 rape the Warcraft lore? No? Okay then.
    Plate wearing druids might be, but Paladins were the champions of the Alliance. I'm not talking about the technicalities (like what armor they use), I'm talking about their purpose, as depicted by Warcraft lore. If they would have given the Horde a class named "Armored druid", even with the same spells and abilities as Paladins, then it would be fine really.

It's one thing to add something new to a story and totally another thing to take an existing part of it and turn it around 180 degrees to make balancing the game easier.
    People seem to forget Pandas aren't all that's coming with the xpack.

Sure, they're the new race and possibly a great number of people trying out the Monk class will roll a Panda, but there's alot more to it then that.

First of all, just the fact there's a new continent to explore makes me excited. I simply loved the Wrath lore, that feeling of going somewhere inhospitable and alien to face a lomming threat that you could feel in the chilling wind. Not to mention the return of a Sacntuary zone, i simply loved having the Alliance around us in Dalaran, it was so much fun.

Second, there's more PvE content then ever, with the Challenges and Scenarios, you'll be plenty busy trying out new stuff.

There's also the pet battles, a minor feature surely, but still, possibly great fun.

The talent changes are what i'm not yet convinced. It bums having to relearn how to proper play all my characters each time new content comes out. Sure, tweaks and new talents are great, total revamps are not that great, specially with the new Talent system that hasn't convinced me fully yet.

All in all, i think this will be a stronger expansion then Cataclysm was. I liked Cata, against all odds i know, but there were some mistakes that i'm sure Blizzard won't be making again, and that keeps me excited for MoP!
    Well, I loved BC and WotLK, but hated Cataclysm. They didn't even bother to make separate quest lines for Alliance and Horde ... that felt so cheap I couldn't wait to get out of it faster.
    I'm looking forward to pandas and monks. Monks because they're another hybrid leather class (I think) like druids and pandas because it isn't humanly possible to hate a panda. They're fuzzy and cute and sometimes get scared by tiny panda's sneezes. I'm pretty sure there is a ton of "hate" on something in every wow expansion, but once the expansion hits everyone forgets about it and keeps playing (or quits but even then, wow still has a huge subscriber base).
    My friend actually interviewed the Samwise "the creator of the panda". Its actually a cute story how it came about. However, it wasn't his idea to incorporate it in the game. Here's the link (forward to one minute in):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4914oCFLbGo&context=C4994619ADvjVQa1PpcFNBEeBnkGuCWCTLDLyQVElW9eS117cyuKk=
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes