PANDAS IN WOW

Discuss, rage or laugh out loud my friends. This... Is... PANDARIA!!

EDIT: You can cry too if you want.

Hail to the King, baby!

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    What about cry? You didn't say cry.

If I were still playing WoW I would feel really let down right now. That's just me though...
    What I think is, they know that wow is dying so it's time to gain more of the asian market. So even if WoW dies in North America, it will still sell in China which is still a lot of business for them. Then.........they reveal TITAN!
    I love all loot fest kind of game! I will be playing all of them for the next few years. Loot fest games I'm looking forward to: LotR: War in the North, Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2 and of course Diablo 3.
    How random.
    Why does everyone think its random.... did none of you play Warcraft III ? For-Fucks-Sake -> They had the pandarean Hero in the mercenary tavern this entire time. The hero wasn't a joke hero either... he was a legitimately awesome hero.
    I do find it interesting how, as a Pandaren, you choose your faction once you get to level 10. However, I find that kind of contradicts what Blizzard said in the past, that they want the factions to look different, and that in PVP you should be able to recognize what faction a character is from just by their outline. I wonder if Horde and Alliance Pandaren would look slightly different somehow?
    They just better have the racial passive of Drunken Brawler!
    No, they didn't play wc3 so they are confused. If it's not wow, it doesn't make sense.

Pandamonium is here. Time to pick up your samurai swords! :P
    "I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
    -Equinox

"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
    -Winged
    Quote from Umpa

No, they didn't play wc3 so they are confused. If it's not wow, it doesn't make sense.

Pandamonium is here. Time to pick up your samurai swords! :P

Seriously Umpa... that Drunken Haze + BoF skill combo was AWESOME! It was especially cool in Footman wars.
    Quote from Jaelzadeon

kind of contradicts what Blizzard said in the past

Last I checked, companies are allowed to change their stance on things. In fact, they generally have to in order to stay competitive.
    Quote from Umpa

No, they didn't play wc3

This. :P

I think all of the Blizzard franchises are pretty awesome. But the only one I have spent a ton of time on is the Diablo series.
    Quote from Phrayed

Quote from Umpa

No, they didn't play wc3

This. :P

I think all of the Blizzard franchises are pretty awesome. But the only one I have spent a ton of time on is the Diablo series.

Man, you're in a forum of Diablo. Of course you have spent more time in the Diablo series, because you know that it's the most epic thing you have see with your mortal eyes.

Hail to the King, baby!

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    I think some people are taking this SERIOUSLY way 2 deep. I think that they are going on the right direction here.
    Trying to bring the same feeling that we had back when WoW launched. I saw a preview of the new continent "Pandaria" and it looks freaking amazing i personally love it.
    A race playable by both factions, something I've always secretly wanted.
    The new monk class, which I'm curious as hell to see how well they can flesh it out.
    Focusing on orcs vs humans/alliance vs horde, I like this.

I hope they really do something good with this.
    Eh...I was hoping for Emerald dream and Demon Hunter hero class....Idk I'm not a big fan of Panda's even if it was a hero class in TFT. I suppose if they pull it off right it will be cool.
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Quote from Jaelzadeon

What about cry? You didn't say cry.

If I were still playing WoW I would feel really let down right now. That's just me though...

My sentiments exactly.

How far the mighty have fallen.
    I think people have been having the wrong impression of WoW. There might be raids and there might be PVP, but over 70% of all users are there just to have fun. Finally Blizzard are giving more stuff to exactly that crowd. I've been a Realm first raider and I've done 2000 arenas, but for me WoW will always be about questing, exploration, cool and fun mechanics and having to spend time with friends in an engaging universe.

Pandas will be awesome.
    Quote from overneathe

I think people have been having the wrong impression of WoW. There might be raids and there might be PVP, but over 70% of all users are there just to have fun. Finally Blizzard are giving more stuff to exactly that crowd. I've been a Realm first raider and I've done 2000 arenas, but for me WoW will always be about questing, exploration, cool and fun mechanics and having to spend time with friends in an engaging universe.

My issue with WoW has always been the fact there is that dichotomy (trinity?) of gameplay styles that are all very time consuming. I was a raider from vanilla to the middle of burning cursade and never got over the fact raiding was just such a massive time-sink. Not only was it that, but every attempt blizzard made to hamper the truly "hardcore," audience (attempt counters, lockouts, attunements, etc) did nothing but harm the regular raider even more. Similarly, every attempt blizzard made at balancing arena pvp further mucked with pve, world pvp, and battleground balance.

I also have a serious issue with their refusal to condense their dispersed server populations. Low population servers stagnated for years on end while full servers crammed well past capacity were left to choke on queue lines for years. There should have been extensive free transfer services, at least, and preferably a lot of server merging years ago.

/rant off
    The first part of your post has very legit claims but the second, as you know, is a personal rant so I'll leave both alone. From what I understand though you agree with me that not focusing on high-end raiding and high-end arena is the way to go. Correct?
    Personally I would most probably get back into WoW if it wasn't P2p. So many people say how crap wow is and complain about the WoW crowd and all other types of shit. The ironic thing about these people though, is the fact that 99% have played WoW and have had at least 1 max level character. Tell me, how can a game be crap if you had put over a year into it?

I played WoW and I got over it... but I wouldn't mind checking out all this new content (seeing as I finished after BC). Its just that with an MMO like Guild Wars 2 coming out that doesn't require a monthly fee, WoW isn't looking so good at all. Guild Wars 2 is going to be the next big thing!!! =)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes