12-year old boy saves sister using WOW skills

From the site Incredible World
    If its true or not, I let YOU decide.

Playing games is certainly not a good way to waste your time, especially if you became addictive and play a few hours per day or more. However, if it is done the right way, playing games can be very useful.

Studies have already proven that playing some video games can increase concentration and improve some brain skills. But it would be hard to believe that gaming experience can save you life once you get in trouble in nature.

This little 12-year old boy from Norway has probably earned excuse to play World of Warcraft for the rest of his life. 12-year old Hans Jorgen Olsen and his sister were walking in the wood near his home when they stumbled upon an angry moose which obviously didn’t welcome the ‘intruders’ and headed towards his sister. He suddenly remembered some skills he learned while playing WOW so he decided to ‘taunt’ the animal.

After animal was provoked by him and headed in his direction he used another skill from WOW, feigning the death. Moose approached him and believed that he is dead and suddenly lost an interest for hurting him. After moose left, they managed to get back home safely.

Source: Incredible World

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

...Lol...
    That's fucking cool! :D Good job to the brave 12-year old boy :D Hooray for WoW, lol :D
    Haha, I love WoW as much as the next guy, but this is just funny. Did it really happen?
    Shenanigans have been called down upon this article.

Pretty crazy though, if it actually happened.
    Quote from "Sixen" »
    "One in every 10 million people can potentially have a headache from this pill." God forbid she is the 0.000000001% of having a headache.
    Well, it's very possible, but playing dead doesn't nessecarily have to come from wow. Lol.
    Yar, exactly.
    Both of those is just instinct/common sense.

Still, if WoW did help him think "Holy shit, I'll play dead and the moose will fuck off!" that's pretty impressive. Not saying WoW should be the new standard wilderness survival guide, but it's still pretty cool :D.
    Quote from "Sixen" »
    "One in every 10 million people can potentially have a headache from this pill." God forbid she is the 0.000000001% of having a headache.
    Indeed. We don't even know if the kid played a Hunter, the class that had feign death, so it could of just been common sense.

Still, I like the idea that WoW saved the kid. xD
    Can you imagine if the kid was playing Diablo games? :D He would have probably grabbed some wooden club or something like that and beat the living hell out of that moose. Poor moose, lololol :D And then he would probably wait for the moose to drop a health or mana globe with some unique item and when he doesn't get any of those he would just go mad, get back home and go to the cattle-shed.... :D
    ohmygosh... ive heard of insane things but...
    Diii: Classix#2766; Daanlandjnr 60 baba Act2 Inf; DrDaanland 50 WD Act4 Hell; FApSsoso WZ Act1 Norm
    ~HardcoreClassic for Life ~~Clan LeFAp ~ HcC Europe since Beta Jul '96~
    GarGanTuaN highest d2 beta maul baba
    Supporter of GERBarb, first 99 char ever; Team player of GerMania first 99 sorc classic softcore 1.06
    jojo_LeFAp 93 necro HcC EU 1.08; jojojo_LeFAp 95 necro HcC EU 1.08; Daanland_LeFAp 94 s/s baba HcC EU 1.08
    Quote from Akuma_Gin

Can you imagine if the kid was playing Diablo games? :D He would have probably grabbed some wooden club or something like that and beat the living hell out of that moose. Poor moose, lololol :D And then he would probably wait for the moose to drop a health or mana globe with some unique item and when he doesn't get any of those he would just go mad, get back home and go to the cattle-shed.... :D

or.... where is my TOWN PORTAL ?! :D:D:D
    Hahahaha :D
    Quote from Wh0oSh_3249792

Quote from Akuma_Gin

or.... where is my TOWN PORTAL ?! :D:D:D

Save & Exit? :P

on topic, it's not the first time i hear this story and it might be legit. it is common sense mostly but children of that age tend to remember things they "see" or "do" somewhere. so it would either be a documentary (some animals to play dead) or a videogame. one way or the other, he did a good job!

Many thanks to Caniroth for the awesome sig!
    Ohh god lol, he taunted a moose? Those things are hugeee I used to have them in my back yard daily growing up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote from Akuma_Gin

Thats great lol...
    "I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
    -Equinox

"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
    -Winged
    I am now reminded of the geek guy from How To Train Your Dragon. Lol.
    This doesn't really surprise me though because I often approach situations with video game terms (unfortunately there's also the side effect of "I should save now", but with less and less saving games these days it's going away), they transcend IRL somewhat...
    Generally it's OK as long as IRL and game are somewhat in sync.
    Jesus, he couldn't even of thought quick enough and laid down a freezing trap lol (oof?). Vanish would have also worked but then I think his sister wouldve been fucked. Crazy shit though
    Nice TPS
    I bet that's what the kid made up after his mom told him to stop playing WoW and go to sleep.
    Respectful is a strong word...
    i was waiting for it to say, and then the boy went into stealth mode...
    Such a shame about those poor harem girls, huh? I shall miss them deeply... I mean their conversations, of course.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes