Torchlight 2 - the game that made my day.

And it didn't made my day because of how good it is, but how many facepalms i had when playing it.

Well first of all, im not a guy who never played TL2 or only demo, i bought it and played over 60 hours just to see every aspect of this game (well almost).

I would like to point out those "aspects" and confront them with D3 which is called by many players "less fun than TL2"

1. Multiplayer
    TL2 multiplayer is unplayable. First, game crashes so often when somone joins the room that you get sick of it pretty damn fast. Not to mention game going crazy with 4+players when creeps just dont attack and players jump across the map - it's not lag, creeps dies and gives loot in realtime. Just game is going crazy. Imagine playing D3 when all mobs just freeze, you can go to them, kill them, get the loot and go further. Extra ultimate fun.

Oh and one more - every single thing you achieve, you will get and will store is saved on your computer in easy hextable files. You can a) edit it and make your character godlike with best items in game B) dupe your items at infinitum.

What is the reason of giving multiplayer here? Just implement the steam ID searching mode so you can play with your friends, calling it multiplayer is so damn cocky.

2. Loot
    People complain about loot in D3? Don't worry, in TL2 you can dupe gems/loot, you can get them by using modes (so hey! why to BOTHER playing 49984 hours to get something good in D3 when you can download mode from OFFICIAL(sic!!!!) forum that allows you to get every freaking item in the game? If you don't want to do this - doesn't matter. Because when you go and play multiplayer game, people just give you hacked shiet. Fun fun fun!

3. Progress
    Skill system is so complex and there is so much variety that it brings back old D2 memories, but HEY no, wait. D3 was told to be "too easy in progress because you can a) change your skills all the time B) you can have all the skills". YEAH in TL2 you got RESET scrolls which allows you to do SAME thing as changing skills in D3. Just click it and reroll build. So much difference here.

4. Statistics
    you got stats here, STR,DEX,VIT,Focus. Sure, but it wont allow you to "build your character" as you want. Why? Because best items have those 2,3 or 4 stat requirement. And there is no use in doing "force" engineer :P

5. Hardcore or casual?
    No doubts Elite mode with 4 players in TL2 is real deal. From the very beginning you feel like playing A1 inferno pre 1.0.3. It's way much harder than D3. But HEY suddenly, one of your guys 1 hit everything - oh it's nothing, he just hexed his stats to 32k and made 70000dps weapon. It's K.

And don't tell me i can play "single player", i rolled Egineer with support skills, how could i even play single with that? WHY they give support skills in game that is unplayable by multi?

Yeah. So all you TL2 lovers out there, have fun with loosing your characters when new patch arrives (right now many people on forum complain that their characters were deleted by todays update).

I'm going back to solid D3 and blizzard power.
    Blashemy. Runic games are Gods, they consist 101% of D1\2 developers! How dare you!!!11

Honesly - i played TL1 for 20 minutes. This game is boring
    Just because you're a douche doesn't mean everyone else has to be one as well.
    This particular bit made me smile:

Oh and one more - every single thing you achieve, you will get and will store is saved on your computer in easy hextable files. You can a) edit it and make your character godlike with best items in game B) dupe your items at infinitum.

So what? The game is about having fun, not some pathetic notion of competitiveness. Typical ultra-competitive, no-personality d-bag that populates games and game forums these days.
    You do realize that the creators of Torchlight intended people to mess around with the files in game to make their own mods, items, maps, bosses, etc.... Right? That was their big appeal for Torchlight 1 and a big part of why a lot of people enjoy Torchlight 2 over Diablo 3 at this time.

I've cleared Inferno on Normal and Hardcore of Diablo 3, I've also cleared Elite in Normal and Hardcore of Torchlight 2 and there's no comparison that Diablo 3 is harder and with the introduction of Monster Level it's going to be that much more challenging. Though, when people start making "hard mode" maps, bosses, etc. for Torchlight 2 it'll lure more people into it.

Just because you can't handle a few people taking advantage of what Runic has literally left out in the open for ANYONE to use (you go into a folder and change a 0 to a 1... So hard), doesn't mean you can come and complain about how it's a fail game and every aspect is "bad" or "facepalm".

Diablo 3 has people interested because Blizzard makes the content and sets the difficulty. Torchlight 2 has people interested because people can create their own maps and lets people live out their "fantasy boss fight"... I say the same thing in EVERY "Torchlight 2 vs. D3" thread.
    playing games without being restricted by rules is boring. to be able to cheat like that is just retarded, especially in multiplayer. i dunno what fun is to you, but fun to me is getting a challenge. and trading. it seems that TL2 has no tradingcommunity at all (since ANYONE can cheat), yeah sure there were botters in D3, but not nearly as many as in TL2.
    So, you're saying that duping/hexing is roughly equivalent to the Auction House?
    Moved to the TL section.
    Quote from Tourniquette1919

I've also cleared Elite in Normal and Hardcore of Torchlight 2

If you cleared Elite HC in TL2 and didn't find it challenging, you're a very, very unusual gamer.

What was the class/skill emphasis and level, out of curiousity?
    Quote from Gheed2010

If you cleared Elite HC in TL2 and didn't find it challenging, you're a very, very unusual gamer.

Should probably mention where Softcore took me ~10 hours to beat on Elite (skipping unneeded side quests), it took me roughly 45-50 on Hardcore, where a lot of time was spent changing between three friends groups and clearing the same thing over and over.

I was an Outlander and went very heavily into the Lore Skills tree, where I tried to max Tangling Shot, Glaive Sweep, Bramble Wall, Burning Leep and Dodge Mastery while also trying to max out Stone Pact and Shadowmantle in Sigil Skills. I ended up killing the last boss at level 52 or 53.

(Sorry for the late answer, I went to the dog park.) I also want to point out, it was challenging to beat Elite on Hardcore, though I personally believe that Inferno on Hardcore in Diablo 3 is more challenging.
    TL2 doesn't feel like the first one, and I too stopped playing after about 20 min. Can't argue tho: it was only $20 bucks, and I can play it on my netbook when I'm out.

Quote from Gheed2010

Should probably mention where Softcore took me ~10 hours to beat on Elite (skipping unneeded side quests), it took me roughly 45-50 on Hardcore, where a lot of time was spent changing between three friends groups and clearing the same thing over and over.

I was an Outlander and went very heavily into the Lore Skills tree, where I tried to max Tangling Shot, Glaive Sweep, Bramble Wall, Burning Leep and Dodge Mastery while also trying to max out Stone Pact and Shadowmantle in Sigil Skills. I ended up killing the last boss at level 52 or 53.

(Sorry for the late answer, I went to the dog park.) I also want to point out, it was challenging to beat Elite on Hardcore, though I personally believe that Inferno on Hardcore in Diablo 3 is more challenging.

Oh, you beat Elite TL2, not Elite ng+ or ng++ :) On Ng++ creeps are unbelivable strong, perhaps too strong (people are complaining that with 75% dmg reduction they are getting 1 hitted)

Elite TL2 is like ~~a1 inferno.

NG+ is A2, A3
    NG++ is A4 on Mlvl10
    Quote from Silvach

And it didn't made my day because of how good it is, but how many facepalms i had when playing it.

Well first of all, im not a guy who never played TL2 or only demo, i bought it and played over 60 hours just to see every aspect of this game (well almost).

I would like to point out those "aspects" and confront them with D3 which is called by many players "less fun than TL2"

1. Multiplayer
    TL2 multiplayer is unplayable. First, game crashes so often when somone joins the room that you get sick of it pretty damn fast. Not to mention game going crazy with 4+players when creeps just dont attack and players jump across the map - it's not lag, creeps dies and gives loot in realtime. Just game is going crazy. Imagine playing D3 when all mobs just freeze, you can go to them, kill them, get the loot and go further. Extra ultimate fun.

What is the reason of giving multiplayer here? Just implement the steam ID searching mode so you can play with your friends, calling it multiplayer is so damn cocky.

2. Loot
    People complain about loot in D3? Don't worry, in TL2 you can dupe gems/loot, you can get them by using modes (so hey! why to BOTHER playing 49984 hours to get something good in D3 when you can download mode from OFFICIAL(sic!!!!) forum that allows you to get every freaking item in the game? If you don't want to do this - doesn't matter. Because when you go and play multiplayer game, people just give you hacked shiet. Fun fun fun!

3. Progress
    Skill system is so complex and there is so much variety that it brings back old D2 memories, but HEY no, wait. D3 was told to be "too easy in progress because you can a) change your skills all the time B) you can have all the skills". YEAH in TL2 you got RESET scrolls which allows you to do SAME thing as changing skills in D3. Just click it and reroll build. So much difference here.

4. Statistics
    you got stats here, STR,DEX,VIT,Focus. Sure, but it wont allow you to "build your character" as you want. Why? Because best items have those 2,3 or 4 stat requirement. And there is no use in doing "force" engineer :P

5. Hardcore or casual?
    No doubts Elite mode with 4 players in TL2 is real deal. From the very beginning you feel like playing A1 inferno pre 1.0.3. It's way much harder than D3. But HEY suddenly, one of your guys 1 hit everything - oh it's nothing, he just hexed his stats to 32k and made 70000dps weapon. It's K.

And don't tell me i can play "single player", i rolled Egineer with support skills, how could i even play single with that? WHY they give support skills in game that is unplayable by multi?

Yeah. So all you TL2 lovers out there, have fun with loosing your characters when new patch arrives (right now many people on forum complain that their characters were deleted by todays update).

1: I have never had a game crash via multiplayer. Also as to being able to modify the stuff saved on your PC, the game was advertised as being moddable since day 1. Is it Runics fault you were too stupid to realize what that meant? No.

2: So another words loot in TL2 is the same as D2 which is what most people cry about is that D3 loot should be more like D2. So how exactly is this bad? Also, again, let me reiterate that the game was advertised as being fully moddable by Runic since day 1. So again, is it Runics fault you are too stupid to realize what this means?

3: Even assuming you can reset your skills in TL2 it is still a more complex and in depth system than D3 to an infinite degree. In D3 you choose any skill out of all the skills whenever you want and you make simple quick choices, which is not at all the case in TL2.

4: So again, your are going to cry about something that is the same as D2 which, again, is the system that a lot of people loved. You want to use a certain weapon faster? Get the stats for it first. Want to use a certain piece of armor? Get the stats for it first. This is the same exact system that was in place in D2 and most definitely al;ows for you to "build your character" the way you want. As to no point in doing "force" as an engineer, your really going to use that as an example? I mean come on, that's just retarded. I guess yo ualso want to use stength as an ember mage too right? Also in D2, was there a point to getting Strength as a necromancer? sorcerous? So again, they are mimicing the msot successful ARPG stat system in the genre. Yeah lets cry about it.

5: Again, the game was advertised as being fully moddable. Is it runics fault you are too stupid to realize what this means? No. As to being joining your multiplayer with modding such as this it is very easy to get legit friends to play with and to make private games. You are again crying about something that should be a complete non issue if you use you brains. But no, of course not, make a crybaby flame post on unofficial forums spouting a bunch of bullshit and stupidity. GG.

You have fun with D3 though. It is a solid game for what it was advertised to be. Just as solid as TL2 is for what it was advertised to be.
    Quote from constipationnow

playing games without being restricted by rules is boring. to be able to cheat like that is just retarded, especially in multiplayer. i dunno what fun is to you, but fun to me is getting a challenge. and trading. it seems that TL2 has no tradingcommunity at all (since ANYONE can cheat), yeah sure there were botters in D3, but not nearly as many as in TL2.

You obviously didn't play D1 and D2 if you think this way.
    Quote from Boss_Hogg

TL2 doesn't feel like the first one, and I too stopped playing after about 20 min. Can't argue tho: it was only $20 bucks, and I can play it on my netbook when I'm out.

I have already replied to this stupidity in another thread. But since you wanna spout this bullshit in multiple threads I may was will shit on it here as well. Saying TL2 doesn't feel like TL1 means 1 of 3 things.

1: You didn't play TL1.
    2: You didn't play TL2.
    3: You didn't play either game.

TL2 and TL 1 are basically the same exact games with different classes and new zones. The transition from 1 to 2 is almost completely seemless. Controls, graphics, even ui is almost completely identical. Anyone that played 1 can jump right into 2 without missing a beat.

Your opinion is complete bullshit. Don't talk shit about a game you haven't bothered to play just because its a competing ARPG to D3.
    Quote from phoulmouth

Quote from Silvach

1. Multiplayer

2. Loot

3. Progress

4. Statistics

5. Hardcore or casual?

1: I have never had a game crash via multiplayer. Also as to being able to modify the stuff saved on your PC, the game was advertised as being moddable since day 1. Is it Runics fault you were too stupid to realize what that meant? No.

2: So another words loot in TL2 is the same as D2 which is what most people cry about is that D3 loot should be more like D2. So how exactly is this bad? Also, again, let me reiterate that the game was advertised as being fully moddable by Runic since day 1. So again, is it Runics fault you are too stupid to realize what this means?

3: Even assuming you can reset your skills in TL2 it is still a more complex and in depth system than D3 to an infinite degree. In D3 you choose any skill out of all the skills whenever you want and you make simple quick choices, which is not at all the case in TL2.

4: So again, your are going to cry about something that is the same as D2 which, again, is the system that a lot of people loved. You want to use a certain weapon faster? Get the stats for it first. Want to use a certain piece of armor? Get the stats for it first. This is the same exact system that was in place in D2 and most definitely al;ows for you to "build your character" the way you want. As to no point in doing "force" as an engineer, your really going to use that as an example? I mean come on, that's just retarded. I guess yo ualso want to use stength as an ember mage too right? Also in D2, was there a point to getting Strength as a necromancer? sorcerous? So again, they are mimicing the msot successful ARPG stat system in the genre. Yeah lets cry about it.

5: Again, the game was advertised as being fully moddable. Is it runics fault you are too stupid to realize what this means? No. As to being joining your multiplayer with modding such as this it is very easy to get legit friends to play with and to make private games. You are again crying about something that should be a complete non issue if you use you brains. But no, of course not, make a crybaby flame post on unofficial forums spouting a bunch of bullshit and stupidity. GG.

You have fun with D3 though. It is a solid game for what it was advertised to be. Just as solid as TL2 is for what it was advertised to be.

Hash hash.

Your moddable argument is invalid, D2 was moddble to, and was modded on open bnet not closed one. This game offers no rules.

So if they give me the chance to mode, thats nice but if i DONT want to play with people who MOD or cheat i should simply not play the game via internet? - quite fun.

about the stats, kiddo did u ever played d2? You could chose no matter who (sin, pal, barb etc) your stats went STR to equip runewords in mageplates, dex to achive 75% and vit rest. EVERY ONE. So there were no "flexibility".

Focus engineer? LOL. Overload/Stomp/Emberquake build rings the bell mr. pro?
    Quote from Silvach

Hash hash.

Your moddable argument is invalid, D2 was moddble to, and was modded on open bnet not closed one. This game offers no rules.

So if they give me the chance to mode, thats nice but if i DONT want to play with people who MOD or cheat i should simply not play the game via internet? - quite fun.

about the stats, kiddo did u ever played d2? You could chose no matter who (sin, pal, barb etc) your stats went STR to equip runewords in mageplates, dex to achive 75% and vit rest. EVERY ONE. So there were no "flexibility".

Focus engineer? LOL. Overload/Stomp/Emberquake build rings the bell mr. pro?

My moddable argument is 100% valid as D2 was not supposed to be modded and was not advertised as such. Blizzard did not make D2 so people could create there own levels, gear, classes and such. D2's programming was shit and people cracked it. This is fact. Please do not talk about something you obviously have no clue about.

I did not say "don't play online" I said find legit players, make friends, utilize private games. Please learn to read instead of jumping to conclusions and putting your words in my mouth.

And as to your stat stupidity if you are talking about utilizing focus on an engineer to equip things faster then of course you can put points into focus. I run into belts, rings, and necks constantly that you need high focus for so obviously you can put points into focus to equip them faster. Your Mr.Pro argument is just as valid against the sorceress's in D2 that would jump up their strength in order to equip plate armors and swords early. The strength added nothing to character strength, just allowed them to equip shit. At least an engineer would get mana and an increase in damage on some abilities.

Every single argument you have attempted to come up with is complete fail and make no sense at all. If you don't like the game, so be it, don't like it. But don't make bullshit posts full of false facts and nonsensical arguments as a way to try to influence other people to not even try the game. Every single thing in every single post is either completely false or could be avoided using this magical thing we humans have called common sense.
    No need to argue. I like the game, just sad it is unplayable with randoms via internet.
    its better then the first one?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes