'Heart of the Swarm' ending leaked [SPOILER ALERT]

[SPOILER ALERT]

There is a video that appears to be a work-in-progress of the ending cinematic (or so it seems so) from the second chapter of StarCraft II - Heart of the Swarm! If this video is legit, you decide! I personally think it is, since I can recognize Chris Metzen's voice for both Arcturus Mengsk and Raynor in it! Remember, this is work in progress!

Since there is probably no new music recorded, the video features music from the Transformers movies, despite the fact that they could have just used music from Wings of Liberty!

Enjoy!
    Rísta - ráða
    Fá - freista
    Biðja - blóta
    Senda - sóa

WTF....

Why did i wacth this!?

Whats up with the leaks lately?

This really ruins everything for me story wise... Oh well.

Have you saw the warning at the beginnig of the post? :P
    Rísta - ráða
    Fá - freista
    Biðja - blóta
    Senda - sóa

Quote from Dauroth

Have you saw the warning at the beginnig of the post? :P

Yeah i did... But now i regret watching it lol xD

It's just a couple of minutes! Who knows what else will happen during the course of the story!
    Rísta - ráða
    Fá - freista
    Biðja - blóta
    Senda - sóa

Yea, as in how the fuck is Kerrigan the Queen of Blades again? I thought she was cured at the end of Wings of Liberty. Maybe theres another Queen?

Edit: Looks like some cloning stuff going on. Still, theres plenty of time for it to be changed not to mention all the other stuff thats going to be in the storyline of the game.

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    DiabloFans: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Live Chat
    Dude WTF. Put a spoiler warning if your going to talk about what happens in the video.

ANYBODY who comments on what happens in this video better use a spoiler tag.
    "I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
    -Equinox

"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
    -Winged
    Yeah, some mod or Dauroth as OP could put huge [SPOILER ALERT] tags into the the topic's title.

(I didn't watch it, luckily).
    Well, luckily I understood nothing of that clip since I haven't played SC2 (or SC1) :) It does look legit though. I don't see why anyone would put that much effort into something fake.
    The YouTube counterpart of this video was shut down for illegal claims from Activision.

It doesn't look real. Its very possible that it was faked, if you know what the heck you're doing with SC2 I'm sure someone can do that.

But it could be real. Its an absolutely disgustingly bad cliché ending, its complete garbage, and that fits with Blizzard's story telling skills of today.
    Quote from SFJake

But it could be real.

I think it is "real" (unlike the "leaked" hoax release schedule), though it is from well over a year ago, meaning that the final thing could look very different. Why Blizzard spends 20 million a year or so to have their own full cinematics department and still tries to save a few bucks with outsourced preproduction, who knows.
    I don't think Activision would bother taking it down if it weren't real.

And sorry about the spoiler, I assumed that if you didn't watch the video you wouldn't bother discussing the video you didn't watch, and I figured if you watched the video you don't care about spoilers.

They would take it down even if it was fake, because it could mislead people into believing that it is real.
    Well by that logic they would also order some take downs of the power point slide, which they haven't done. And this one seems much closer to being real (judging by the voices if anything) than that "plan" for the next 5 years.

Youtube is where most people go to find videos, so removing something there (such as said video) will have a significant impact. Images however are usually found with google images, and you can't block an image from the entire internet.
    Yeah, some mod or Dauroth as OP could put huge
    tags into the the topic's title.

I forgot to put it in the title, but it's at the very beginning of the post!

@Jackzor:

[spoiler='SPOILER']I think that was not a clone! It looks like a flashback! If Mengsk planned the whole thing, he had to ensure his safety somehow, and this was one of the things he's done to achieve that!
    Rísta - ráða
    Fá - freista
    Biðja - blóta
    Senda - sóa

It definitely was a flash back. But how could that stuff survive inside of her during her mutations and through all her psionic powers? Wouldn't she have picked it up? What about the Xel'Naga artifact? Would it not have neutralized that as well? Surely Arcturus couldn't have made it so strong that it could withhold infestation AND an alien artifact meddling with her insides(not like that)?

Edit: Wait wtf? The Zerg ARE FREE?! THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER! THEY AREN'T ENSLAVED. THEY HAD NO FREE WILL TO BEGIN WITH! AND OBVIOUSLY THEY'RE GOING TO BE DESTROYERS! THEY HAVE NO WAY OF REPRODUCTION OR ANYTHING!
    Fail Blizzard if this is legit.

As for legitimacy, I think it's legit, but I don't like it. I just hope it's not legit. That's all.
    It's all been said. The pun, the not so funny joke, the phrase, something about oneself, the not so random picture.

So... what else is left to put here?
    @Dauroth and Deathwing
    Ah that would make sense if it was some kind of psychic power, but theres still something going on with that bar code on her head.

And before those creatures were a part of the Swarm, most of them were peaceful animals. Theres one part of SC lore that talks about how the Hydralisk is a friendly herbivore. So they could go "back" to being like that.

I would be willing to bet that the final product is much different than that video. Obviously it'll look different. But for all we know entire parts of the storyline could get changed, and the ending would change with that. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. Blizzard usually delivers when it comes to story and cinematics. I thought the Wings of Liberty stuff was pretty good, so I'd expect the same quality in HotS.

They weren't previously those animals... their DNA is just based off of those animals. I read it, too.

When they were created they were created with the thought of destruction. They have no other meaning to them. Unless we kill all the cerebrates in the campaign (I'm almost 100% sure they didn't all die in the Brood War. They are more cunning than that) then there really will be no control over the swarm.

And my proof? Renegade Zerg from SC1. What happened when control was released? They went on a rampage, but not a totally suicidal one. But that is their instinct.

I hate that the best character in the game(BETRAYAL x INFINITY) ends up dieing(excuse this error) in such an UNEPIC way. Why couldn't they have him dieing(Again) in a BC or with Jim having a gun to his head on his throne while the Emporor talks about his mistakes and his success, and about his hidden plans. Or SOMETHING BETTER THAN STAB INTO SCREEN TAKE A TRIP WEEEEEEE DEAD... OMG WTF!?!?

Wings of Liberty is also filled with "WTF?"'s but that one cinematic was a serious crime against the story... IT MAKES NO SENSE!

My Honest Opinion...

Edit: Could someone please tell me where the spoiler button is so I don't have to do it manually (I'm really REALLY lazy..).
    It's all been said. The pun, the not so funny joke, the phrase, something about oneself, the not so random picture.

So... what else is left to put here?
    Update: The Third Floor, whose watermark appears lower right, is a production company listing Blizzard as a client. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty cinematics appear in their publicity reel.

read that in the OP link.

anyway, it feels legit to me. mostly because of the voice acting. the characters sound pretty much the same as they did in Wings of Liberty. won't change a thing about my curiosity to find out what happens with the zerg, or Kerrigan. her mutation to the queen of blades (again) could easily be explained. her hair didn't change through the use of the xel'naga artifact and her... mutation could kick in again soon after the effects of the artifact passed. apparently she's in a less destructive mood and probably works with Raynor that she trusts again.

anyway, for me it's wait and see!

Many thanks to Caniroth for the awesome sig!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes