60$ = 60€?????????

Why starcraft 2 cost more in Europe than in US, i mean the difference is like 13$(and that is not so little that it could be ignored, imo ofc). Blizzard doesn't know the difference between € and $ or what ffs??? If anyone has slightest idea why i would appreciate answer.

P.S. sry if i posted on wrong place
    I paid 49€ for mine (bought it on release day), that is about 62 USD. (I live in the EU)

It has nothing to do with Blizzard, and more to do with how much the retailers charge for it and how much people are willing to pay for it. It seems that in some parts of EU players are willing to pay more if some game stores do charge 60€.

And look, it's 35 £ (42€ or 53 USD) here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Starcraft-II-Wings-Liberty-DVD-ROM/dp/B000RE216U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1283874805&sr=8-1
    46 euro from one of my nearby retailers.
    OK, could some of u guys check on blizzard site that digital copy or real game how much it costs because to me it say 60 euros, and in shops in Croatia is 450 HRK that like 63 euros.
    Thank you in advance!
    I paid 300 shekels for mine in Israel. so... hmmm thats like 78 bucks / 62 euros.

Actually some places sold it for 330 shekel... 86 bucks... jesus.
    OK, could some of u guys check on blizzard site that digital copy or real game how much it costs because to me it say 60 euros, and in shops in Croatia is 450 HRK that like 63 euros.
    Thank you in advance!

Yeah, it says 60 dollars! I payed mine 450 HRK too, so I guess the price jumps up and down in various countries!
    Rísta - ráða
    Fá - freista
    Biðja - blóta
    Senda - sóa

Heh, you guys are getting ripped off. 399 SEK - 41,35 EUR in Sweden.
    Click the signature ^ to view my Blizzard fan submissions!
    got my collector's edition for 75 Euro (normally costs 89 tho) and the standard edition came from 39 to 49 euro.
    (Greece here)

Many thanks to Caniroth for the awesome sig!
    i payed 52.00,- euro (netherlands)
    - Hard trippin, Overclippin, Psychomatic beat skippin -
    Quote from interception

Heh, you guys are getting ripped off. 399 SEK - 41,35 EUR in Sweden.

Swedes are simply badass :starwars:
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Supporting big shoulderpads and flashy armor since 2004.
    Yep, we are badass, we have Julmust.
    I didn't even want to shell out $60 never mind $80 lol. And that's not even including the other two games to be released. I don't know if I'll be getting those yet but if the campaigns are anything like the Terran campaign I probably will :S

I paid £15 for mine... aren't I special!!! xD...

Had a bunch of tesco vouchers saved up and when they did their convert thing where you can double to amount I turned £10 vouchers into £20 - £35 at retail was a lot for the game tbh but as I only physically spent £15 I didn't mind.

You just lost

THE GAME!!!
    I got my copy @ release day for 42 euro (Denmark) on a webstore with free delivery.
    Things have different prices in different countries, not just games. You have to take into account local shipping, deals, taxes and marketing. Also in economics prices are the last thing to be adjusted. The euro-dollar exchange is always changing, prices in retail stores are however "stickier".
    I shall purge this land of the shadow.
    You guys realize that it simply comes down to one reason right?

Tariffs - Because Starcraft 2 was designed/developed/created in the United States your countries implement a high tax on it. The economic theory behind tariffs is that by increase the costs of foreign goods, your local firms can compete. In the end it just bites everyone in the ass (except the government which can squander the money anywya they see fit)
    You have to remember that while 60 dollars does not equal 60 euros. You guys do have to factor in a 15% raise in the price due to VAT.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes