Games to play while waiting for Diablo 3? (multiple merged threads)

Stonekeep was made during that wonderful era of games in the nineties where they used live action film in their games. Lots of really bad actors in even worse costumes. I loved it.

Older games such as these I play almost more than my newer games.
    I'm playing Heart of Darkness on my lappy in class as we speak.

Got eaten by a rock worm 2 minutes ago and I had earbuds on, so I laughed out loud.
    Everyone's looking at me weirded-out ;)
    Quote from "KonataX" »
    lol it can still easily be a ranger since who said you cant shoot arrows at melee distance xD

Quote from "Archie" »
    The Barbarian is from Arreat, a very cold snowy mountain top, but they are much tougher than normal humans, so they don't need warmth.

Quote from "Archie" »
    Where are Barbarians originally from? Sumeria, or more specifically Mesopotamia, AKA Europe. Think the Alps and the Pyrenees

Epic quotes... all of them
    Ok I need a couple of games to pass the time until SC2 or D3 comes out. Something that is good hack-n-slash/rpg/action. Below is the list of the games played that is note worthy. Based on this describe can someone offer me some advice and what games to play until.... D3? (no non-free mmo plz)

Already Played:
    Baldur's gate 2 (and Xp)
    Spellforce 2
    oblivion
    Titanquest
    The Witcher
    IWD 2
    D2 &1
    NWN2+
    dungeon seige series
    Wow
    Guild wars
    Nox? xD
    You may want to try Gothic sometime...
    Yeah, Nox is cool!

I suggest you try Morrowind rather than Oblivion! Oblivion is a great game, don't get me wrong, but Morrowind is REALLY great!

And if you like Diablo (:D), you must try the Witcher! The gameplay is different, but the mood and the atmosphere is really like that of Diablo!
    Rísta - ráða
    Fá - freista
    Biðja - blóta
    Senda - sóa

Yeah, Morrowind was far more interesting than Oblivion. Play that. Unless you're impatient.
    SOMEONE SAY IMPATIENT?!

Yeah, Morrowind annoyed me. I had no idea that you could learn a teleport skill so I just walked everywhere. That got old fast.

Sacred 2 seemed okay. I tried it on Xbox though and it just kinda ruins the mood.

There really aren't too many good hacknslash out there.

OH! Rise of the Argonauts, fun as hell for a simple game. Plenty of hacking and slashing and blood.
    Lands of Lore is a kickass game. But only the adept of DOSBox may run it.
    Yeah the only on top is the games I already played. Never really play morrowind. From the look of the screenshot, it looks like one of those games where you get a headache (for me like halo). Is there anything else i should try?
    That just depends. How important are graphics to you?
    I've heard good things about Champions of Norrath if you're willing to go back to PS2 graphics. I've been considering it myself.
    Quote from "Siaynoq" »
    That just depends. How important are graphics to you?

mid to high range.
    I am extremely picky about what games I put my heart into now a days. Thats a tufee, but i enjoy playing the origional legend of zelda from time to time.
    It seems to me you really like RPG's so how come FALLOUT 1 and 2 is not on your list.

You should try them - they are one of the best RPG games of old.

Baldur's Gate 1? if you tried 2 why not 1?? it's much better imo.

Wizardry 8 - may be hard to get but you would be surprised what a fantastic RPG game this is.
    "Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death and judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."
    Quote from "blood-doll" »

...your skills are a part of your character, they're one aspect of who your character fundamentally is...my cautious decisions...should give me an advantage.
    Secret of Mana.

It's the first action rpg I played, and was my gateway into Diablo.

Of course, you'll need to dust off your SNES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I like first person shooters like halo for example, not a big fan of 3rd person shooters. :(
    Hellgate - all person shooter :D, I loved this game - very cool combination a a shootem up action and RPG.

I finished it with all characters and I think def. will be going back to it at some point.
    "Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death and judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."
    Quote from "blood-doll" »

...your skills are a part of your character, they're one aspect of who your character fundamentally is...my cautious decisions...should give me an advantage.
    There's a new trailer up for E3 for "Torchlight".

http://www.perfectworld.com/e3_2009

The music sounds like that Uelman guy has gone back to more of a rock sound. Fine by me.
    Quote from "Gheed2010" »
    There's a new trailer up for E3 for "Torchlight".

http://www.perfectworld.com/e3_2009

The music sounds like that Uelman guy has gone back to more of a rock sound. Fine by me.

it sounds awesome to me
    like the game looks just meh .. but the music sounds exactly like d2 which i love (compare to this)
    i'm gonna end up playing it just for the way it sounds >

edit: and i can't get over how dumb blizz was to let him go
    cause that sounds more like d3 ought to.. it isn't as complex as d2 but it is just the same mood and the same melody pattern and layers. (solo string then erratic drum with dark undertones and soft chime melody)
    can't express how important the music of games is to me (esp for diablo my favorite games).
    and i haven't liked the music from d3 gameplay/wizard trailers half as much as i like the music of that torchlight video...
    i hope the rest of d3s music is better..
    or better yet since torchlight is done with why can't they pay uelmen whatever it takes to get him back >

his music just has this perfect mix of omninous feel + hopeless + glimmer of hope

they'll never see me coming..
    life is a sequence of tragedies, inconsistent only by fleeting, elusive moments of pleasure,
    serving only to ensure absolute vulnerability to the pain of their inevitable absence.
    as most of you know, summer is getting very close and i have only one more week of finals and them im out. unfortunately, i dont really have a good video game to waste away summer with.

im looking for and RPG game (but it doesnt HAVE to be RPG, thats just my first choice), preferably NOT WoW (i quit that a long time ago... ugh). im sorta bored with diablo 2 - i got my druid totally geared up with enigma, hoto, etc, and then got bored and quit. note, i do have an xbox 360, so any good games there would be sweet. (i already have halo 3)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes