Path Of Exile or Diablo 3?

Poll: Which games is better, PoE or Diablo 3?

Path of Exile or D3

Which games is better, PoE or Diablo 3? - Single Choice

• D3 69.5%
  • PoE 30.5%
    For what it's worth I definitely *want* to like PoE.

In all my years of gaming I have found that it's great to have games like that (or even Facebook/Flash games) to add some variety to what you're doing. D3 could be the greatest game ever, and I'd still like to see PoE or TL2 succeed and I'd like to participate in that. I do not have any burning need to play D3 (or any game for that matter) 14 hours per day, every day.
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    DIII gameplay is much polished and any current flaws can be fixed by a few patches and a potential expansion. Remember DII when it came out? Critics and fans hated it.

PoE suffers from more a fundamental problem - it lacks the the polish and smoothness that DIII has. Still, for what it is and being free, PoE is an amazing achievement. Unfortunately, given the DIII competition, it just can't keep my attention for more than a few hours.
    The smell of life surrounds me
    Quote from CurseYouAll

Quote from phoulmouth

Quote from CurseYouAll

LOL. Underneath the shiny visuals I see a game that seems boring as hell, with a hero that moves as if on the Moon , killing waves of creatures with what seems an endless resource of skills that send enemies flying around the screen like rags dolls, our hero left untouched.. it is shiny, repetitive and so Asian..

Killing waves of creatures without a scratch, so exactly like we all do in D3 int he first 2 difficulties and most of its 3rd?

Shiny and repetitive? Like D3 isn't shiny and repetitive right?

Asian? I can't see anything in that video or any video I have seen for it that makes me think Asian unless great graphics are now synonymous with Asia.

No, it's not like DIII. In DIII mobs get to hurt you. In this gameplay video of LineageIII don't even come close.

No, DIII is not shiny and repetitive. The engine is several years old and each encounter with elites plays differently and required different strategy. In that video over there the guy just presses a button and everything around dies. So boring.

And yes, Asian, coz Asian games often overbuff the main hero and grant him over the top powers while battling an on-screen pandemonium without getting a scratch.

All in all, don't even talk to me about other action RGPs like PoB, TL2 or whatever. With all its flaws DIII is still miles ahead of them. And I am not a Blizz fanboy, btw..

Ummmm.... In normal, nightmare, and first 3 acts of hell I mowed through the game taking little to no damage at all. Of course maybe it is just because I don't suck.

D3 is not shiny, so you're saying D3 graphics suck or are dated? Okay.....

D3 is not repetitive because tactics change based on elite packs? I'm sorry but that's silly. Eventually it won't matter what elite pack combo you get, they will all be repetitive. Plus you are basing your idea that this game will be repetitive on a short preview video where he is just showing off abilities. Likely he has a over geared character that is hacking through early game shit just to be able to show off abilities.

Asian because all Asian games have an OP main toon.... I'm not going to bother pointing out how amazingly stupid that comment is.

D3 is miles ahead of games that aren't even on the market yet? Dude if you can see the future gimme next weeks lottery numbers. You're obviously some kind of fucking precog.
    After watching some PoE videos on youtube, I must say that D3 is still better even though with its current situation with a crap loot system.

PoE really looks like an improved D2, but I would rather play D2 than PoE. There characters looks stiff and the view angle seems kinda awkward.

I don't know but it's just me. I respect other people saying PoE is better but I would still stick to D3 than play PoE.
    I messed in the PoE beta for a little while and it's very 'meh' for me. It's not a bad game by any stretch and some of their ideas seem solid. It's lacking in the execution though. Also I liked their passive skill tree design better the first time I saw it, back in 2001, when it was called the Sphere Grid in FFX :)
    Quote from CurseYouAll

DIII gameplay is much polished and any current flaws can be fixed by a few patches and a potential expansion.

This should be highlighted due to it's factual value in such a manner that it renders majority of complaints in this thread simply put "moot". Patience is a virtue.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    i played poe beta my personal choice : Diablo3 beats poe at every aspect in the game . (Lineage and Torchlight 2 just to fresh up when u get bored of d3 waiting the next patch or even Xpac :P )
    Quote from Rodvik

Im waiting for Linage 3

Looks like its going to blow away D3 and PoE and pretty much any current dungeon hunting game. Lol

They introduce the first class at around 4:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSlLXVoLnHs&feature=related

How could i even miss this?
    Damn this looks so friggen awsome... its unreal.
    I definatly keep an Eye on that... i kinda liked the first Lineage Part already.

Quote from Mezardan

PoE(free) and TL2(20$) are just a cheap copies of D3,they can be compared to D3 ofcorse but in a way how close they are to D3 in quality perspective, not which one is better.

Ah, so according to you... good games "must" cost 100 bucks or more?
    Big Publishers love Customers like you, who throw Money with both Hands at them.
    Quote from Xenocow

Quote from Mezardan

PoE(free) and TL2(20$) are just a cheap copies of D3,they can be compared to D3 ofcorse but in a way how close they are to D3 in quality perspective, not which one is better.

Big Publishers love Customers like you, who throw Money with both Hands at them.

I thought it was plainly obvious that the poster was saying that you get what you pay for, and that the lower expectations from the game being comparitively cheaper is what keeps the game within the realm of "worth discussing."

I really don't think he was insinuating that if you don't pay $100 for a game that you're not getting something good.
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from Xenocow

Quote from Mezardan

I thought it was plainly obvious that the poster was saying that you get what you pay for, and that the lower expectations from the game being comparitively cheaper is what keeps the game within the realm of "worth discussing."

I really don't think he was insinuating that if you don't pay $100 for a game that you're not getting something good.

This. If PoE was $60 to play I am pretty sure it would be a non contender. It's fun but it knows it's limitations.

edited out comments about micro transactions since it's a. not relevant and b. just my gut feeling looking at the game objectively.
    Since it came out this month and a lot has changed lets bump this thread up.

I am hooked to POE. I threw D3 in the trashcan when I started to get a hang of it. It has sooo much more potential than D3 and one class can be played in so many unique ways compared to d3 which sets you up on a strict path, both skillways and playstyle.

POE is therefore better!
    Well this is simple!
    Why not both?!

I sure did play both of them. And now I think of getting to POE again, but do not want to leave D3 also.
    I think this belongs to the "Other Games" forum. It's not purely about D3, and it's probably going to be mostly about PoE (since it's new).
    Quote from Swen

Since it came out this month and a lot has changed lets bump this thread up.

I am hooked to POE. I threw D3 in the trashcan when I started to get a hang of it. It has sooo much more potential than D3 and one class can be played in so many unique ways compared to d3 which sets you up on a strict path, both skillways and playstyle.

POE is therefore better!

Not true at all. Based on itemization yes but if you ignore the fact that you should have crit gear all around then you can honestly play any way you want. I beat inferno with straighht int gear and a close ranged build for a wizard... I know alot of people who play crit mass wizards beccause they get to farm "efficiently" I just came to play the game and I had a blast doing it my way with skills almost no one uses.such as ice armor and sleet storm (ray of frost rune). You really can play D3 in multiple ways just like PoE. The only difference is the amount of ways. PoE bombards you with choice... there's so many options but d3 limits those so it's easier to get into.

TL;DR
    They're different games with different goals. D3 was there to be an easy jump into action I can fuck around and still win. PoE is all about deep customization that requires alot of effort to correctly design your passives.
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

It's "Diablofans" forums - it's obvious that Diablo wins ;)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes