Path Of Exile or Diablo 3?

Poll: Which games is better, PoE or Diablo 3?

Path of Exile or D3

Which games is better, PoE or Diablo 3? - Single Choice

• D3 69.1%
  • PoE 30.9%
    Quote from Daemaro

:P I'm not arguing the fact that they're different games, I really wouldn't even compare them on "which is BETTER" basis, that's why I just said I can still play D3, PoE I just can't get into. I think PoE has some really interesting ideas and some of the art choices I like better (some not all) but it falls flat on a lot of areas though in my opinion.
    You got lots of good point, I'm with you. Its hard to pick which one is better, to me both is good.
    lol at Poll results , %35 says PoE is better? seriously guys?

PoE(free) and TL2(20$) are just a cheap copies of D3,they can be compared to D3 ofcorse but in a way how close they are to D3 in quality perspective, not which one is better.
    I'll vote for Diablo III based on the fact that it's the best game I've ever played, Although not a flawless masterpiece, Diablo III is fucking incredible. I don't find Path of Exile or Torchlight 2 appealing in the slightest.
    Jurassic World – 2015
    poe seems Like the game with the better game mechanics but lacks what makes diablo a decent game instead of a horrible failure which is how smooth it is (not talking rubber banding or anything just general game play feel) and the graphics are abit worse imo allthough it might just be different. Talent trees and spells in that game seems really fun but I don't think it's a better game purely cause of those 2 things I mentioned which could be fixed since it's still in beta.

For the idiot earlier that called tl2 a copy of d3 should prob stop talking shit and same with poe I guess. They are far from clones of d3 they are closer to d2 and then they have changed it to feel like they think a hack n slash game should be. Torchlight is even more different than diablo compared to poe which to me feels like it could have been a d2 mod. People like this are so sad same way people call all mmo games wow clones which sure for some game are true (rift is one of the games that didn't clone but with beta patches tried getting closer to wow in feel which was a shame and maybe a lot try to copy the formula) but you can't reinvent the genre every time a new game comes out which diablo 2 or 3 didn't do either.
    i have played poe during open beta weekend and got bored...
    -graphics is bad
    -ai of the mobs is terrible, you can just run in circles and they do nothing to you
    -combat is just slow like you were walking in jelly all the time
    -there is no combat text, you dont know how much dmg you do/receive
    -so called huge skill tree is an illusion, sine you have few options to choose from anyway
    -you dont have pants?!?
    PoE is great for a free-to-play (well soon to be, since it's still closed beta), I had the chance to play it in february. played it for a month or so, it is a great game but you shouldn't really compare it to D3, it's more like D2 graphically updated.
    they are two huge differences and cant be compared.

gameplay in PoE is way better. there is endgame and char customization, itemization implemented way better.
    on the other hand its laggy and all the monsters looks the same

d3 has interesting economy, better graphics, rmah

ill play PoE on release but atm ill stick with d3 mostly for AH

Quote from skilo

i have played poe during open beta weekend and got bored...
    -graphics is bad
    -ai of the mobs is terrible, you can just run in circles and they do nothing to you
    -combat is just slow like you were walking in jelly all the time
    -there is no combat text, you dont know how much dmg you do/receive
    -so called huge skill tree is an illusion, sine you have few options to choose from anyway
    -you dont have pants?!?

-there is not bad graphics unless it has artifacts
    -mobs and player have hitboxes? they dont melee player from 10meters like d3 mobs do?
    -get moar AS
    -i like numbers too! tho its uselss
    -true. tho diablo have no customisation aswell
    -no pants. impressive move
    :trollface:
    Quote from Rodvik

Im waiting for Linage 3

Looks like its going to blow away D3 and PoE and pretty much any current dungeon hunting game. Lol

They introduce the first class at around 4:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSlLXVoLnHs&feature=related

LOL. Underneath the shiny visuals I see a game that seems boring as hell, with a hero that moves as if on the Moon , killing waves of creatures with what seems an endless resource of skills that send enemies flying around the screen like rags dolls, our hero left untouched.. it is shiny, repetitive and so Asian..

How exactly is this better than the polished and challenging gameplay of DIII, even with all it's flaws?
    The smell of life surrounds me
    Quote from CurseYouAll

the polished and challenging gameplay of DIII, even with all it's flaws?

polished and challenging?
    :trollface:
    Quote from Siaynoq

Quote from phoulmouth

PoE looks absolutely terrible. And I am not saying that because I am a D3 fanboy or anything. I personally plan on spending more time in TL2 than D3 when it comes out. But just watching the trailer and some other videos I have found the games graphics just look like total trash and the game play I have seen looks ridiculously slow.
    As a person who would argue that even D2's graphics look good by today's standards, I think PoE graphics look great. And when people say things like gameplay being slow, I still find that too vague a comment. I think what a lot of D3 fans don't like about PoE is the lack of immediate satisfaction you get from sooner access to bright colorful skills that light things up, explodes them, etc.

That's how PoE is more like D2. You start off with very little and it actually feels like you do. Unlike D3 where you have a lot more to work with in the beginning and your resources are seemingly bountiful.

Uh, the gameplay looks slow, as in... slow... like shit moves slow. It looks like something designed for people with half a brain because everything I have seen happens so slow even retarded monkeys have time to react type slow. Not sure how better to state it.

As to saying the graphics of D2 look good by todays standards sure, I guess I can agree with that if I was still using the same PC I had when I was first playing D2. But being that I have a vastly better PC no, D2 looks like shit compared to todays games but PoE looks even worse. It makes me wonder what kind of budget they have for making this game or if they are working off donations.

But, someone mentioned Lineage 3 and OMG it looks amazing. I will totally be checking that one out. I just hope they have 2 AHs like D3.
    Quote from CurseYouAll

LOL. Underneath the shiny visuals I see a game that seems boring as hell, with a hero that moves as if on the Moon , killing waves of creatures with what seems an endless resource of skills that send enemies flying around the screen like rags dolls, our hero left untouched.. it is shiny, repetitive and so Asian..

Killing waves of creatures without a scratch, so exactly like we all do in D3 int he first 2 difficulties and most of its 3rd?

Shiny and repetitive? Like D3 isn't shiny and repetitive right?

Asian? I can't see anything in that video or any video I have seen for it that makes me think Asian unless great graphics are now synonymous with Asia.
    Quote from GeNMaKB

I'll vote for Diablo III based on the fact that it's the best game I've ever played, Although not a flawless masterpiece, Diablo III is fucking incredible. I don't find Path of Exile or Torchlight 2 appealing in the slightest.

You never owned an N64 D:
    Quote from Mezardan
    PoE (free) and TL2 (20$) are just a cheap copies of D3,they can be compared to D3 ofcorse but in a way how close they are to D3 in quality perspective, not which one is better.

so, because diablo III costs 60$ it's the better game for you? what a bad criteria for the quality of a game.
    Quote from Mezardan

PoE(free) and TL2(20$) are just a cheap copies of D3,they can be compared to D3 ofcorse but in a way how close they are to D3 in quality perspective, not which one is better.

Well, PoE is far more a copy of D2 than D3 if we're going to compare them, and TL2 a copy of D3? How so? It is a sequel to TL which came out in late 2009 and, you know, was created by the same team who created D2. The game isn't even out yet, how can you say it is a D3 clone?

Quote from Hellfalcon

-get moar AS

That's not the answer. The slow combat has been recounted by beta players all over their forums and the solution is not "get more attack speed".
    PoE combats are so slow, and its so ugly... Very "cheap" design, ok its free, and so it looks...
    I've played PoE quite alot latley and i can say that it has something diablo 3 dosnt. Character customization! What do you do in diablo 3? You change runes for the better. What can you do when you have full valor buff? Nothing beacuse you will lose your stacks if you change spec. Thats a thing PoE owns Diablo 3 by miles.

But like you guys says the gameplay like PoE has compared to diablo 3 isnt even close. But the rest of the aspects are kinda better. Sadly i rather play a game for its gameplay and not the other things in between.

BUT if Diablo 3 had a better character customization like in d2 or PoE it would be a much better game. And End-game wouldnt hurt either. Considering PoE even now in beta have ladder and max lvl 100. But i cant get away from the d2 clone beacuse in most cases it is. But refined.

I kinda like the way you get skills from gems but it feels.. i dont know cheap in some ways. And the passive tree.... Is.... Fucking... Awsome... The illusion part and that other rant is just crap. Its one of the best things about the game and it's fucking lovley.

But in many ways Diablo 3 is better and i wont go from D3 to PoE. Not yet anywas. I wont even bother with any of them untill they do something that makes them better. But PoE is still in closed beta and diablo 3 feels like a beta. So HoN and Dota 2 will be my primary games for now.

But dont throw away PoE for the "bad grafics" beacuse they are not bad and the game is awsome in some parts. And not so awsome in the other parts. Hmm sounds like d3.

But yeah thats just my opinon and who cares about those right?

Regards Xpire.
    "Tried the adventuring life. Didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit." - Vidar the Collector

Number 1 DH in Crit dmg @ World. Working for NR 1 in life aswell!
    Meh, I was in the POE Beta ages ago, for a F2P game its great, but TBH, Marvel Heroes looks waaaaaaaaaay better and its gonna be F2P as well........

POE doesnt even hold a candle to D3 IMO.

Heck, POE does not even touch Torchlight 2.
    Quote from AudioCG

Meh, I was in the POE Beta ages ago, for a F2P game its great, but TBH, Marvel Heroes looks waaaaaaaaaay better and its gonna be F2P as well........

YES. I just found out about Marvel Superheroes a couple of weeks ago and it looks awesome.
    Quote from BigEd781

Quote from AudioCG

YES. I just found out about Marvel Superheroes a couple of weeks ago and it looks awesome.

I am praying they do the "LOL thing" and introduce a retarded amount of characters to buy.

I want a legion of superheroes to play with.
    Quote from phoulmouth

Quote from CurseYouAll

Killing waves of creatures without a scratch, so exactly like we all do in D3 int he first 2 difficulties and most of its 3rd?

Shiny and repetitive? Like D3 isn't shiny and repetitive right?

Asian? I can't see anything in that video or any video I have seen for it that makes me think Asian unless great graphics are now synonymous with Asia.

No, it's not like DIII. In DIII mobs get to hurt you. In this gameplay video of LineageIII don't even come close.

No, DIII is not shiny and repetitive. The engine is several years old and each encounter with elites plays differently and required different strategy. In that video over there the guy just presses a button and everything around dies. So boring.

And yes, Asian, coz Asian games often overbuff the main hero and grant him over the top powers while battling an on-screen pandemonium without getting a scratch.

All in all, don't even talk to me about other action RGPs like PoB, TL2 or whatever. With all its flaws DIII is still miles ahead of them. And I am not a Blizz fanboy, btw..
    The smell of life surrounds me
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes