Diablo Hellfire Problems

So I felt like revisting the first Diablo for old times sake. However I ran into some problems. Over a time peroid of restarting my computer and reinstalling Diablo and Hellfire ten times over and after messing with the .exe files properties I was finally able to get Diablo I to work. But I was only able to get Diablo I to work not hellfire, I was able to run the game and choose my character, however once I named my character and pressed enter my computer screen went black and the game never loaded. I have the update for the game installed and I really don't know why this is not working. Anyways here are my computer specs for anyone that thinks that it my help.
    Ram: 8 Gigs
    Video Card: Nvidia 9800+ (it has 512mb of vram)
    Processer: Intel i3-3225 (it's a dual core with two virtual cores, it has 3.30Ghz)
    Operating System: Windows 8 - 64 bit
    Not entirely sure but I know Win 7 has had problems with D2 and D1 as well so it could just be the OS and the games not functioning properly together.
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

You might try running it in Windows XP compatibility mode and if that fails, VirtualBox is a free virtual machine client available that will allow you to run a full virtual Win xp machine on your computer.

I have been able to get D2 with all of the expansions working on my Windows 7 machine, so I know it can be done.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes