Metacritic 2012 - Best Game of 2012

Now its official...best game 2012 is....

Ooops... they forgot Diablo3 in that list !!!

source: http://www.metacriti...o-games-of-2012
    Diablo 3 still ranks higher than Diablo 2 on the overall PC scoring, with both of them having a score of 88. Win for the franchise? Yep. :)

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from overneathe

Diablo 3 still ranks higher than Diablo 2 on the overall PC scoring, with both of them having a score of 88. Win for the franchise? Yep. :)

Compair the Userscore on Metacritics.
    Quote from Xenocow

Quote from overneathe

If you're taking the userscores on metacritic serious you're doing something wrong.
    Quote from LLow

Quote from Xenocow

Quote from overneathe

If you're taking the userscores on metacritic serious you're doing something wrong.

Completely agreed.

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from LLow

Quote from Xenocow

Quote from overneathe

If you take anything on metacritic seriously you're doing something wrong.

Fix't
    What is the point of determining 2012 Best game of the year for all platforms together? You see the same game in the list several times, which makes no sense. You dont play the same game on one platform and later the same game on another platform.

I only use Metacritics as a gateway to other reviews. They will make some summaries, charts and rankings, which is fine with me but I always put more weight on the reviews from traditional magazines/web sites. User reviews on Metacritics are total joke on the other hand.

For the haters, Diablo 3 has ended up on the shared 9th position with Torchlight 2 and Far Cry 3 for PC platform.

Out of top 10 PC games of 2012, I have played 4--Dishonored, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3. Out of these 4 games, I have spent most of my time in Diablo 3. I have had the most blast with Far Cry 3--the game totaly blew me out, I'm already playing it through 2nd time and still enjoying it much. Dishonored was a great game as well but it took me only 28hours to complete it on medium difficulty. I enjoyed Torchlight 2 the least of these games but it was still good game for the price tag--mind you I got Dishonored for 20 EUR at my local game seller during post-Chrismas sale.

I'm still planning to get my hands on XCOM and potentially Mass Effect 3.

I cant wait for new releases in 2013. I will try Path of Exile open beta for sure. My biggest hope early in 2013 is focused on Aliens: Colonial Marine and potentially SC2: Heart of the Swarm.
    I don't think sequels should ever take game of the year awards. I think it's bad for the industry. (Just look at Skyrim, just kidding don't, it's trash!)

That list makes me happy though. Xenoblade Chronicles!!!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes