Multiboxing

Is it bannable? Just watching streamer multibox no idea if it's allowed or not? Can someone respond and maybe proof? (Quote or thread with info on this) I haven't found anything
    yes its bannable

2b in terms of service (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_eula.html):

Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience, including without limitation, mods that violate the terms of this License Agreement or the Terms of Use;
    Quote from cying247

yes its bannable

Blizzard have always supported or at least condoned/tolerated multiboxing, they're fine with it for WoW and D3 doesn't seem to be an exception. Don't take it on my word 100% but do some reading/googling, look for Blizzard's stance on it.

------
    http://isboxer.com/f...php?f=40&t=2220
    FAQ: Is Multiboxing allowed in Diablo 3?
    .. The answer is Yes ..
    -------

Using Keyclone/ISboxer for sending keystrokes to a tabbed window isn't the same as automated gameplay. These programs are used for WoW multiboxing and Blizzard knows that. People don't get banned for multiboxing in WoW and it's been like that for years.
    - I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -
    Just proving how badly written their lua is and how idiotic they are.
    What's the difference between this and botting? What stops u from having 1 account run by a bot and the next 3+ are all connected to it via isboxer. They can ban your first account but u can run the next one without problems....they don't have nothing on that accounts.
    Quote from Xezian

What's the difference between this and botting? What stops u from having 1 account run by a bot and the next 3+ are all connected to it via isboxer. They can ban your first account but u can run the next one without problems....they don't have nothing on that accounts.

When they detect certain programs and movement/action patterns that correspond to botting behaviour they take action, multiboxers move their toons around like a real player, at least the master does, while the slaves do roughly the same thing. So a multiboxer won't be flagged because of known movement/action patterns, and won't be flagged for using the wrong programs, being that multiboxing programs are allowed.
    - I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -
    If you are multiboxing, you are "actively" playing all the chars, so why should you get banned for that? oO
    Try to multibot and you'll see its harder than it looks.
    I tried it, made no fun for me, so i don't do it anymore and just play one char at a time.

Bots on the other hand are playing without player interaction => bannable

*edit: typos
    Quote from rebjorn

Quote from Xezian

When they detect certain programs and movement/action patterns that correspond to botting behaviour they take action, multiboxers move their toons around like a real player, at least the master does, while the slaves do roughly the same thing. So a multiboxer won't be flagged because of known movement/action patterns, and won't be flagged for using the wrong programs, being that multiboxing programs are allowed.

Yes true, they detect patterns, that's ok but the rest of the accounts where not botted, they used isboxer and they have no legal right to ban that accounts. They can ban the main account that broke the tos as the bot itself was attached to that account. But none of the other account where. That's a grey area and they could ban all but would it be correct according to their tos.
    Just saying that their tos is full of holes.
    actually it is bannable and unofficial FAQs claiming it to be safe are misleading. blizzard turning a blind eye toward something does not make it unbannable.
    Everyone chill out. Stop attacking eachother. It technically is bannable yes, almost everything is, but right now they don't do anything against it.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes