Does Blizzard protect scammers?

Firstly sorry for bringing up an old thread again.
    But how do i report a trade scammer to Blizzard?

not expecting to get my gold back but just want
    Blizzard to watch this s.o.b. so to speak.

I have after i got scammed realized through
    d3blacklist.com that this dude has scammed before.
    Quote from gramsesII

According to the terms of use/enduser license agreement, there is no trade scamming, which is why there's no real way to report it.
    www.d3blacklist.com
    Quote from Ayeri

Quote from gramsesII

According to the terms of use/enduser license agreement, there is no trade scamming, which is why there's no real way to report it.

Originally Posted by Scam Policy (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Trade Scams

Item and gold trades in Diablo III are handled through a secure trade window. Before a trade is completed, both players will need to click Approve. Because trades require the consent of both players, it is up to those players to make absolutely sure that the trade is correct before clicking the approve button.

Right. Blizzard has introduced the trade window exactly for this reason (prevent scams). You phrase it a bit provocatively, but Blizzard can't prevent (sorry for being so direct) stupidity. You wouldn't take 15k bucks to some dark alley to buy a new char either, wouldn't you?

Quote from HanGtimEr

www.d3blacklist.com

We had this website pop up several times. There is no means of checking and verifying entries. Someone can just go to this website, put some scam report for your battle tag on there and you have no way to defend yourself.

=> You can probably use another way to contact Blizzard (sending an email, or maybe using the "report player harassment" option or so). Don't know. But unfortunately 99% of all scams are only happening because players are greedy, think they are smarter than everyone else and by getting an item through an in-game trade rather than the AH they can save a lot of money.
    Read the forum rules before you post there.

No naming & shaming.

You broke it, you get your ban, easy.

There are other ways to contact blizzard over scams. You chose the wrong one and ignored the forum rules. You got what you deserve.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes