Rate Your Favorite TV Shows - The General TV Discussion Thread

Hmmm yeah the big bang theory is good and game of thrones aswell but it's got to be Match of the day (football) Or Homeland is pretty good aswell. I am getting into Heroes that used to be on years ago but didn't have a chance to watch it, shame it ended it ias epic!
    Firefly to bad its only 14 episodes (damn you fox network for canceling) and the best SF movie ever after 5th Element.

also Big Bang Theory is rather good.
    wow no love for Arrested Development?

Game of Thrones is awesome and a big no-surprise. 10/10 definitely.

I too, love Game of Thrones. I'm catching up on season 2. More drama than I am accustomed to, but very well done.
    So I just recently started up a new show and I'm pretty excited about it. It's not "New" new, but it is to me.

Lost (2004-2010) 10/10
    I'm currently watching the third season, and it's really awesome. I don't want to go into too many details in case anyone is interested in picking up the series. With 120 episodes to watch it's going to take a while to finish, but it's definitely worth it!

If you like a good drama filled with mystery and "WTF" moments then it's pretty good. Some of the characters are kind of annoying (my opinion) but you literally can't skip an episode or you'll miss references in future episodes. It's a lot like Game of Thrones, though. No one is safe.
    I had fun with Lost until about fourth season, actually. First happens to be the best in my opinion.

I'm actually rewatching The Wire. I usually don't watch series like that a second time, but that show is just too damn addicting.
    I second what has been said about Lost. I myself actually lost interest gradually during the third season. The series just started to feel like it was prolonged for the sake of its popularity for more than the content warranted for.

I actually found Big Bang Theory a while ago (it was my little sister watching it, but now I see it has been mentioned in this thread already). Nerd humor is always awesome, and the acting is superior for a comedy show (I'm stupefied as to how Jim Parsons can play Sheldon without cracking up all the time).

EDIT:

I generally like series that have the grace of ending when the story elements have been explored thoroughly and the only reason to continue would be to milk viewers with B-grade content until the show would be axed. HBO gets a star medal for this, I don't feel that any of it's productions have been dragged on for longer than they warranted for.
    Seinfeld - one of my all time favorites. It's just hilarious =D

How I met your mother - Pretty funny, I honestly watch it for Jason Segal tho, one of my favorite actors ( Jeff, who lives at home was an awesome movie )

Always sunny in Philadelphia - Funny as shit comedy, reminds me of a more edgy seinfeld. Also Danny devito is awesome in it.

Workaholics - Surprisingly hilarious show =D

Lost - I refused to watch it during the first couple of seasons because everyone wouldn't shut up about it. But, after getting through the first super - drama - ey season, I fell in love when they started to introduce time travel and crazy shit like that. Lock FTW.

There's many more but those are some of my top favorite ones. I don't have a lot of time to watch TV now-a-days but w/e =P
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!

I generally like series that have the grace of ending when the story elements have been explored thoroughly and the only reason to continue would be to milk viewers with B-grade content until the show would be axed. HBO gets a star medal for this, I don't feel that any of it's productions have been dragged on for longer than they warranted for.
    And they could easily get away with it if they did. I mean their programming is just so good. But like, with Deadwood I didn't understand why people wanted it to go on. I personally felt totally satisfied by its ending. That and it was based somewhat on actual historical events so beyond a certain point they'd just totally be making stuff up.

Still though, I wanted at least one more season of The Wire. I gotta settle for Treme for now though which I think I'll start tonight.

Seinfeld - one of my all time favorites. It's just hilarious =D
    I have a hard time relating to anyone who doesn't find Seinfeld funny. Once I had this conversation with this dumb bitch who thought Seinfeld was so boring. And I was like, so what show is any better? And she's like, "Friends!?" As if that was the obvious reply. Fucking bitch.
    Backing most of what's said.

I also gotta say I love watching the men in Deadliest Catch. The first couple seasons are just random ships mostly, actually showing the work, but from S3-4 ISH they've settled on some really cool captains.
    That show only makes me crave king crab like crazy.
    I used to watch House, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad. I can't rate them because I haven't watched any episodes of these shows for pretty much two years and I couldn't give a fair rating. I went away for a year and didn't keep up with em so meh. Can't get back into them either it seems. I don't even know exactly where I left off, seems like I'd have to rewatch from the beginning which sucks. I can rate Firefly and Dollhouse though. Firefly is a 9/10 and Dollhouse is a 7/10 in my opinion.

Now I'm watching Game of Thrones, the first real TV series I've watched in a very long time. 10 out of fucking 10. My god is it amazing. I'm so addicted. The characters are amazing, the drama is amazing, and I'm a huge fan of medieval/fantasy shit so yeah. Right up my alley.
    Jurassic World – 2015
    Well I just finished the final episode for Lost. I'm overall satisfied with the series. If you gave up in the 4th or 5th season I say pick it back up. The sixth season was extremely good. If you have Netflix you can watch the entire series through the PS3 (what I used) or PC. The 4th+5th season were a little confusing and a little less interesting I'll admit.

If you're interested in picking it up, it took me a little over 2 weeks to watch all six seasons. I had multiple nights of binge watching, though, ha ha.

Off to go read up on other peoples thoughts on the finale now. :)

Just finished the 3 episode series of Sherlock. It was so good. I wish it were longer.. soooo, so bad.

Basically a modern day take on Sherlock Holmes. Each episode is 1.5 hours. I want to see more episodes.. :(

Edit: I just found out there are actually 6 episodes currently. Only 3 are on Netflix right now.

Three more episodes are scheduled to come out in 2013. :)
    I started watching Arrested Development from the beginning.

I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at a television show.
    Jurassic World – 2015

I started watching Arrested Development from the beginning.

I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at a television show.

You've got the wrong guy.
    Friends i watch many tv shows.But my favorite tv shows are:
    1.DEXTER
    2.LOST
    3.FAMILY GUY
    These my all time favorite shows.So i rate these shows 10 out of 10.
    Best Dramas I have scene in order

*Alpha Dog*

1. The Wire - everyone should watch this show probably the best in TV in history. Feels so real, and Omar Little is probably the greatest character in television history. "Its all in the game."

*On the brink of greatness*

2. Game of Thrones - very well acted great story manages to surprise even the most savy tv veterans. Has a lot of potential after 2 seasons.

*Unique Dramas with plenty of Action*

3. The Walking Dead - i just love zombies, and the characters feel realistic to a zombie apocalypse.
    4. Spartacus - if you liked gladiator and/or 300 you will love this show, haven't got to see season 3 yet but its on the 2do list... Ending of season 1 was just the most bannanas action scene I have ever seen.

*Up and coming*

5. Board Walk Empire - just a cool show, every episode feels like a well made old school gangster flick.

*Niche classic*

6. Weeds - Main character is just so interesting balacing being a singlemom/drugdealer in the suburbs.

I have yet to see breaking bad, but my cousin tells me it would make the list.
    I stopped watching lost because of the time machine nonsense I felt so betrayed like I had wasted my time watching the show.
    Also South park is the funniest cartoon eva. South Park >>>>> Family guy.

1. The Wire - everyone should watch this show probably the best in TV in history. Feels so real, and Omar Little is probably the greatest character in television history. "Its all in the game."Thank you. And yes, it's one of the best shows I've ever seen. I actually recently finished rewatching it and this time around I think I understood a lot better the way some characters wrapped up in the end and what it meant for them. Especially for Marlo. Before I thought there wasn't enough closure on him but this time I was like, I totally get it!

3. The Walking Dead - i just love zombies, and the characters feel realistic to a zombie apocalypse.While second season certainly tested my patience at times, it also had some of the biggest payoffs. I was very glad I stuck with it. This October! Wooo!

5. Board Walk Empire - just a cool show, every episode feels like a well made old school gangster flick.Been having a harder time getting into this show. I'm on the fifth episode and the character progression has felt rather strange and to be honest I'm a bit confused at times with what's going on. Especially with the Al Capone character and the main character's nephew (forgot his name). However, I've been sticking with it cause I can see it's well made and, well, I have a huge crush on Kelly Macdonald. God, she's so hot.

6. Weeds - Main character is just so interesting balacing being a singlemom/drugdealer in the suburbs.Weeds seemed like it had an interesting premise but after watching the pilot, I knew I just couldn't get into it. I know you should give shows a chance beyond the pilot, but this show just felt seriously week. The characters and their motivations and relationships with one another didn't feel real at all.

I have yet to see breaking bad, but my cousin tells me it would make the list.I also fully intend to watch this show eventually. Maybe in November.

I stopped watching lost because of the time machine nonsense I felt so betrayed like I had wasted my time watching the show.I still haven't watched the final episode. From what I understand, I don't even really need to.

Also South park is the funniest cartoon eva. South Park >>>>> Family guy.
    South Park certainly WAS the funniest cartoon ever. Season 10 is probably my favorite. And even for a few seasons after that it managed to hold together, but the last season has been seriously weak as hell with maybe just a couple exceptional episodes. I keep waiting for them to put the effort into each episode the way they did back in the day but when you watch it now you really do feel like they could give a shit.

I'm thoroughly bored of Family Guy for sure.
    Nice review of my reviews! Siaynoq.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes