Rate Your Favorite TV Shows - The General TV Discussion Thread

Title says it all, maybe some of you will find a great TV show you didn't even know existed, with the help of your Diablofans ;)

The Wire: 10/10
    Baltimore drug scene, seen through the eyes of drug dealers, and law enforcement.

TV doesn't get any better then this, its the best drama series i have seen, the acting and writing is top notch, you wont regret giving it a try.
    If you love high quality TV, then this is a must see.
    Good to see others around here with good tastes ın televısion. I'm always tryıng to spread Wıre awareness. I tell everyone ıt's the best show HBO ever made. I never wanted ıt to end eıther. It was just endlessly fascinatıng.

One thıng I love most about ıt ıs how ıt's about the process of thıngs rather than just the end product. You wouldn't thınk the obstacles for polıce to get a wıre tap to be so fascinating or even the daily activitıes of a newspaper, or electıon campagn, but The Wıre shows you how entertaining the details of all those thıngs can be.

Also, not to be predictable, but honestly Game of Thrones kicks serıous ass. 10\10.

I also love The Daily Show. İt's kınd of a catharsis for me. 10\10.
    Game of Thrones is awesome and a big no-surprise. 10/10 definitely.

Another current favorite of mine is Suits. It's about a genious college dropout who uses his intellect and eidetic memory to fake himself as a Harvard graduate and thus comes around to work in a hotshot NY law firm. Sort of deadpan comedy with quite clever undertones.

Definite 10/10.

The Wire I haven't actually yet watched more than an episode or two, but I know I'll love it. Been loving most HBO series.
    Sons of Anarchy - 9.5/10

I picked up SOA in the early part of 2011 and I've been pretty much hooked since. There's something that I immediately connected with in the show that kept bringing me in; the characters felt real; the conflicts, while kind of outrageous, felt smart when they played out, especially when it came to consequences of actions of the clubs themselves; there was just enough humor sprinkled throughout the series to make it not only enjoyable to watch, but make it seem even closer to reality because, in a drama like this, you can't ignore the fact that people have a certain reflex to all the conflicts that happen around them and use humor as a sort of escape.

There's also a genuine sense of family that permeates in the first season that I really appreciated. There's a dinner scene where a good number of the club members are having dinner at the protagonist's mother's house and the producers really made that feel like a genuine, carefree, familial moment. That was magical.

I dunno, the series just hooked me. I wouldn't say that this series was perfect because there are obviously some flaws; I feel that not every character has been properly developed yet, but I feel that might change with this upcoming season because some major changes have happened over the past four seasons that aim to make this upcoming season the most interesting.

I hate the way you cling to ignorance and pass it off as innocence
    the big bang theory, i find intellectual conversations and smart thinking along with inside joke comedy constructive.
    -U.S ARMY VETERAN-

Good to see others around here with good tastes ın televısion. I'm always tryıng to spread Wıre awareness. I tell everyone ıt's the best show HBO ever made. I never wanted ıt to end eıther. It was just endlessly fascinatıng.

One thıng I love most about ıt ıs how ıt's about the process of thıngs rather than just the end product. You wouldn't thınk the obstacles for polıce to get a wıre tap to be so fascinating or even the daily activitıes of a newspaper, or electıon campagn, but The Wıre shows you how entertaining the details of all those thıngs can be.

Also, not to be predictable, but honestly Game of Thrones kicks serıous ass. 10\10.

I also love The Daily Show. İt's kınd of a catharsis for me. 10\10.

Yep, they show you so many aspects of the drug trade and still you are hooked, sometime it almost felt like a documentary :)

I started watching David Simons Treme, had a hard time getting into it, i did finish first season though.
    I would rank his shows as follows:

The Wire: 10/10
    Homicide: Life on the Street: 9/10
    The Corner: 8.5/10
    Treme: 7.5/10

I have Generation Kill on blu-ray, but i haven't had the chance to watch it yet.
    Game of Thrones 10/10
    I only watch:

The Walking Dead (not running)
    Game of Thrones (running)
    Dexter (not running)
    Family Guy (running)
    South Park (not running)
    Avatar: The Legend of Korra (running)
    "She's an absolute. Why just this last week I was. Ok look. I'm. Just take my advice." -Ungrien
    Oh I should also mention Mad Men. I only recently started watching thıs show but watched lıke four seasons on Netflıx and I was really addicted to ıt. Now Im tryıng to keep up wıth the 5th season. I remember the end of one partıcular epısode that made me want to cry at the end. Not because ıt was really sad or anythıng, but because ıt was a perfect episode. Lıke, sometımes you see somethıng that ıs just so well done and you have trouble comprehending how anythıng can be so perfect and that makes you all emotional. I hıghly recommend Mad Men.
    I guess I'm pretty eclectic a mix of some shows still running and some that haven't aired in years.

True Blood
    Game of Thrones
    Walking Dead
    Buffy
    Twilight Zone (the original version not the craptastic remakes it still holds up to the test of time)
    Outer Limits (the 90's version it had some craptastic episodes now and then but a lot of them were pretty engaging)
    One of the chosen.
    I watch quite a few TV shows but all the following I rate extremely well.

Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    Game of Thrones
    True Blood
    Sopranos
    The Office US
    Grey's Anatomy
    House
    My Favourite Tv shows are:-

Buffy, the Vampire Slayer

Pretty Little Liars

Veronica Mars

My So-Called Life

Xena

Dexter

Torchwood
    I prefer to watch reality shows because their fully with excitements and when it comes to my favorite TV show I would name it as Streaming Torchwood Online and Watch Dexter Online I really like the way they presenting this program and it’s really enjoyable.
    My favorite show is Friends. This is the story of 6 friends. I love this show and i will give 8/10. I have seen all the seasons of this show.

Watch all the latest episodes of ncis los angeles online free
    I rate my tv shows well starting with Spartacus, Family Guy, supernatural (1-5[feels like season 6 was too much]).
    Game of Thrones
    Breaking Bad
    Prison Break
    Stargate
    Game of Thrones of course gets a 10/10 from me!
    - I look forward to the new episode every week! I get so excited coming home from work Monday to watch the new episode each week. It's interesting that they're already working on bringing the third book to life in the TV series. I really thought the war in last weeks episode would have been the finale. Although I'm happy it wasn't. :D

The Walking Dead 6/10
    - I really enjoyed the first season and parts of the second season. A lot of points taken off for the majority of season two being visibly stretched out. It's like AMC asked for too many episodes and the writers didn't know what to do with them all. Still excited to see where Season 3 goes.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Las Vegas) 6/10
    - I was really big into CSI during the first 7 seasons. Although the story writing is getting better I really don't enjoy a lot of the characters like I did the original cast. That and the most recent season was a huge let down, although the season finale is Wednesday. So maybe it'll redeem itself somewhat.

Regular Show 9/10
    - I really love this cartoon on Cartoon Network. I just love the randomness and it always manages to make me laugh. Only took a point off because the episodes are kind of formulaic most of the time. But still fun to watch.

Adventure Time 9/10
    - Another great cartoon on Cartoon Network. There's only been a few episodes that I didn't really enjoy, and it's not really much fun re-watching the episodes. But I love the characters and the fact that it plays around the same time as Regular Show.

True Life 10/10
    - I know it's pretty random, but I think it's amazing to see into other peoples lives and see how they live. The camera crew really puts themselves in danger for some of the episodes. I don't always watch the show, but if it's on and I haven't seen the episode before I'll usually watch it.
    I never get bored of Supernatural, some great hidden humor there:)

I also recommend the sci-fi mini series The Lost Room with peter krause from Six Feet Under
    First of all The Wire (10/10) is the best of them all.

But there are others:

Rome
    Deadwood
    Firefly
    Band of Brothers
    Boardwalk Empire
    Lost

These are my favorites I've watched them all more than 2 times and i am recommending and have been recommending them to everyone i know
    Dillersnaps
    ty for recomendations ill watch the wire
    game of thrones 10/10
    misfits 1/2 season 9/10
    Game of Thrones - its new its nice & i like it
    Dexter - Tonight's the night.
    Lie to me - my fav /but they stopped after 3 seasons .. WHYYYYYYYY
    Mentalist - We are all Red :)

i used to watch Hause / How i met Your Mother / Big bang theory - but i kinda got fed up with em et the end (or l8er seasons)
    >> I'm not a psychopath I'm a high-functioning sociopath
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes