D3 on Consoles?

Well it would be good for Blizzard. Edit: And console gamers who don't have a decent PC indeed.

I personnaly would never buy such a game on consoles because it is made for PC and plays a lot better on PC.

I don't have anything against Blizzard making it on consoles, as long as they don't allow cross platform online gaming. I don't want to have someone playing with a controller in my party on Inferno.
    But then there are the other hundreds of thousands of players (specially in the US and Asia) that prefer giving not more then $250 for a game station and not building their own PCs or spending thousands on a premade one, while altogether wanting to play the same quality games as PC players!

Amazing. :]

Ha. Bagstone.

I think cross platform gaming is actually a pretty awesome innovation. I wish I could get Halo Reach for PC and play it against Xbox gamers.
    Quote from Siaynoq

I think cross platform gaming is actually a pretty awesome innovation. I wish I could get Halo Reach for PC and play it against Xbox gamers.

Oh that would just be lovely, wouldn't it?
    You can add Gears of War to that list. The action games the console fans think are made for consoles. *giggle*

Ha. Bagstone.

I hate these threads. People talk like the play station and the Xbox 360 are the only things that are available. The Wii's control scheme would be perfect for a game like Diablo 3.

Also, why are we doing this thread -again-?
    Quote from Siaynoq

That would be fun to watch.
    Quote from LinkX

I hate these threads. People talk like the play station and the Xbox 360 are the only things that are available. The Wii's control scheme would be perfect for a game like Diablo 3.

You got a problem with it? Report it! Besides, Daemaro loves when we use the Report function as he agrees it's a very good user function that we all should be using a lot more to help compartmentalize his work.

And the Wii? Ehhh, I don't know. D3's graphics would certainly look appropriate on the Wii I guess.
    Quote from LinkX

I can already see myself shaking the nunchuck desperatly to cast my defensive spell to save my ass, and then throwing it against the wall because it just doesn't respond :P
    Quote from Siaynoq

Quote from LinkX

You got a problem with it? Report it! Besides, Daemaro loves when we use the Report function as he agrees it's a very good user function that we all should be using a lot more to help compartmentalize his work.

And the Wii? Ehhh, I don't know. D3's graphics would certainly look appropriate on the Wii I guess.

Well, the Wii U will have much better graphics. And really, the Wii wouldn't be too hardpressed to run modern games. It's not going to be able to run any Crisys, but even the other consoles had to have Crisys 2 downgraded to be able to run it. (Note: A graphics upgrade is available for PC players.)

So the idea that "Wii is weaksauce" really holds little to no merit.

(Not saying that you said "weaksauce" (though it would be hilarious if you did), just saying the generic "you" pertaining to the generic reader of this post.)

Quote from insanetrasher

Quote from LinkX

I can already see myself shaking the nunchuck desperatly to cast my defensive spell to save my ass, and then throwing it against the wall because it just doesn't respond :P

And I can see myself laughing at your dumb ass for not pressing the Z button to cast the defensive spell and instead acting like you got down syndrome. :P

Laughing with you, not at you. ;)
    I don't know how I feel about Diablo on the PS3 or XBox 360, I guess I'm really on the fence. Part of me says, omg yay would love some splitscreen/same-screen action with my friend, and the ease of just having the console already makes it a cheap investment.

But the other part of me says, what about the connectivity between computer and console? What about collecting items? What about the time delay, would I be willing to wait until they made it for console if that took months to put out?

I think for myself, I see it as a good idea, but a future idea. It isn't something that is meant to be done right now, but to done after the PC release because then they won't have the fan-dom breathing down there necks saying how dare you think about another platform without giving us our god-damn Diablo 3. We can be a pretty, impatient bunch when it comes down to the games we love.
    Diablo 3 on the consoles does translate almost perfectly, anyone whose played Champions of norrath would know this.
    They should allow you to play D3 with a friend on the PC on dual monitors off one PC. That'd be awesome.

Um, I've no idea how they would do that.
    Sorry, Siaynoq, but I still disagree. Mouse+keyboard is just perfect for games where you have to point a cursor at things; conversely, a controller is perfect for games where you need to, for example, change direction quickly and precisely (and where there is no pointing and clicking), like sports games, for example. I have both a PC and a PS3, have owned PC's for about two decades, now, and have owned a few consoles, starting with the reverent Master System, and going through Sony's three iterations of the Playstation. Doesn't mean that my opinion is more valid than anyone else's, but it does mean that I have a lot of experience with controlling schemes.

And you're wrong about that PC vs XBox experiment. It was enlightening. In fact, it was so enlightening that the company in question completely put aside any plans they had for cross platform FPS gaming. If you don't think mouse+KB is more accurate, why would you say is the reason for aiming assist on (some) console FPS? Their PC counterparts don't have it. If you're still not convinced, then I'll get off my lazy ass and provide some links.

Peace!
    Quote from Siaynoq

They should allow you to play D3 with a friend on the PC on dual monitors off one PC. That'd be awesome.

Um, I've no idea how they would do that.

Run the game twice one with KBD/Mouse other with controller. It's almost doable now. Just needs a computer that can handle it.

Quote from maka

Sorry, Siaynoq, but I still disagree. Mouse+keyboard is just perfect for games where you have to point a cursor at things; conversely, a controller is perfect for games where you need to, for example, change direction quickly and precisely (and where there is no pointing and clicking), like sports games, for example. I have both a PC and a PS3, have owned PC's for about two decades, now, and have owned a few consoles, starting with the reverent Master System, and going through Sony's three iterations of the Playstation. Doesn't mean that my opinion is more valid than anyone else's, but it does mean that I have a lot of experience with controlling schemes.

And you're wrong about that PC vs XBox experiment. It was enlightening. In fact, it was so enlightening that the company in question completely put aside any plans they had for cross platform FPS gaming. If you don't think mouse+KB is more accurate, why would you say is the reason for aiming assist on (some) console FPS? Their PC counterparts don't have it. If you're still not convinced, then I'll get off my lazy ass and provide some links.

Peace!

You can disagree all you can but you don't need perfect accuracy for Diablo 3. The loot is picked up automatically. You destroy stuff with your abilities and not with a Use key.

If you want to precisely turn your character you can absolutely do that. A skilled computer gamer will point the mouse at exactly the location he likes and a skilled console gamer will also turn the "shroom", as I like to call them, to exactly the location he likes. Non-skilled gamers on both sides can make improper movement.

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from maka

I also have owned PC's for at least two decades and have played every type of game on them. And I've had a console at least as far back as the original Xbox. I've played lots of FPS games on PC and even though I'd get really good at using a mouse and keyboard, I still hated it and I never found any added benefit (especially that of accuracy) in using a mouse and keyboard. Now I'm not trying to cite my own experience as my primary example, and I'd gladly read the study you referred to. But even if the article proves that people beat those other guys at CoD BECAUSE they were using a mouse and keyboard, my point would still be that some people, despite how good one thing may technically be over another, simply are better using mouse and keyboard or controller. It depends more on the person, not any hardware limitations.

As for aiming assist, well, consoles have in fact tried to appeal to a broader audience. Wii is not exceptional when it comes to trying to capture a specific demographic. Auto aim options exist for people who aren't as concerned for realism and just want more instant gratification. And aiming assist usually can be turned off suggesting that you in fact don't need it. And you just don't.

Quote from maka
    In fact, it was so enlightening that the company in question completely put aside any plans they had for cross platform FPS gaming.
    If that is really the only reason they put aside their plans for cross platform gaming, then I just think they overreacted. But I think it's more likely there were other marketing and technical factors that made them ultimately decide against it.
    I really don't think a Diablo 3 console version would be that great of an idea.
    First of all, it's a intemporal PC classic, one may call me elitist but I do believe that counts.
    Furthermore, even tough this is Blizzard we are talking about, there are going to be changes made to the game, changes to catter to the console demographic, changes that are going to make the PC experience worse. There are plenty of exemples out there, and I dont think avid fans that are waiting for this game for a long time now deserve to have a product that is worse than what they could do just to sell more games.
    I can't imagine playing Diablo without clicking away on my mouse! That being said, I would love to sit back on my couch and play on the 360... I've preordered the collector's edition for the pc, but might look at grabbing a copy for the xbox if it did arrive. I just want it to come already! Getting very anxious!!!
    Quote from Wulfsmasher

First of all, it's a intemporal PC classic, one may call me elitist but I do believe that counts.
    Furthermore, even tough this is Blizzard we are talking about, there are going to be changes made to the game, changes to catter to the console demographic, changes that are going to make the PC experience worse. There are plenty of exemples out there, and I dont think avid fans that are waiting for this game for a long time now deserve to have a product that is worse than what they could do just to sell more games.
    Well for referring to a game as an intemporal PC classic, I just might call you an elitist after all. Also I don't like your attitude cause so many Diablo fans have never even played the first Diablo game. So I might just refer to all those D2 exclusive players as total posers.

And it's not like the game is being developed on the console. So what is anyone worried about. It wouldn't be like id's horrible fiasco of a game called Rage.
    Quote from Wulfsmasher

I assume you are referring to how when Blizzard put Starcraft 1 on the N64 it ruined Starcraft forever and ever and ever on the N64 and the PC, right? And remember how Blizzard ruined Diablo 1 when they put it on the Play Station 1? That game was completely garbage on the PS1 and the PC. Pity those two games were garbage because of their console counterparts, they may of had some good sequels...
    Quote from Siaynoq

Quote from Wulfsmasher

Well for referring to a game as an intemporal PC classic, I just might call you an elitist after all. Also I don't like your attitude cause so many Diablo fans have never even played the first Diablo game. So I might just refer to all those D2 exclusive players as total posers.

And it's not like the game is being developed on the console. So what is anyone worried about. It wouldn't be like id's horrible fiasco of a game called Rage.

I see your point, and let me just say that if they did release it on console, IF it was done right, not one version would suffer because of the other, I see no wrong. As for your statment, I just think that the Diablo games marked more than one generation. Hell, apart from Dungeon Keeper, Diablo and Diablo 2 are the only "old" games I play to this date.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes