Upcoming movies you are thrilled about.

I'd be pompous to restrict this topic to non-mainstream flicks so feel free to post your next Hollywood big thing as well.

Right now the two films I'm waiting for the most are:

The Cosmonaut

Plot synopsis:

The film follows the misadventures of the soviet cosmonaut Stan Arsenievich (Carlos Martínez-Abarca), chosen to be the first soviet cosmonaut to land on the moon. During the journey, his ship disappears, and his childhood friend Andrei, the director of the mission searches for him for the next seven months. Seven months after the accident, the ship reappears, without a trace of Stan. At the same time, a series of eerie radio transmissions supposedly broadcast by Stan claim that he has actually come back home and that he found the Earth completely empty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQc-EeHXHh4&feature=youtu.be

The movie will be shot in Russian by a multinational crew (a large deal Spanish). It has finished filming and is currently in post-production. It will be distributed for free on the internet and various movie festivals.

They also intend to publish all the raw, unedited footage online, for fans to recut and remix the movie to their heart's desire.

http://www.thecosmonaut.org/

Iron Sky

Plot synopsis:

Towards the end of World War II the Nazi scientists made a significant breakthrough in anti-gravity. From a secret base built in the Antarctic, the first Nazi spaceships were launched in late ‘45 to found the military base Schwarze Sonne (Black Sun) on the dark side of the Moon. This base was to build a powerful invasion fleet and return to take over the Earth once the time was right.

Now it’s 2018, and it’s the time for the first American Moon landing since the 70′s. Meanwhile the Nazi invasion, that has been over 70 years in the making, is on its way, and the world is goose-stepping towards its doom. The three main characters of the story are Renate Richter (Julia Dietze), Klaus Adler (Götz Otto), and James Washington (Christopher Kirby).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNDaOFQ6g2I&feature=player_embedded

The movie will be shot in English and German (Nazis will authentically speak German) by a Finnish-German-Australian team, it has finished filming and is in post-production, and it has a release date of 4.4.2012. It will be released in theaters (although they're still negotiating an US distribution deal, it'll have as global release as a movie with a budget of just $10M can).

I've seen some extra footage and I got to say that the movie is damn good-looking. The script has also been written by an award-winning sci-fi author Johanna Sinisalo, whose books are rather unique. Despite the tagline, it's going to be a deadpan comedy rather than slapstick.

http://www.ironsky.net/site/

So what movies are you, my fellow Diablofans, excited about?
    Diablo 3: The Movie

Plot synopsis:

As Deckard Cain's niece, Leah, struggles to make sense of her uncle's mysterious and disturbing notations, she bears witness to a dark vision. Azmodan, Lord of Sin, towers over the fragile young woman, swearing his armies of the burning Hells shall pour forth into Sanctuary, ravishing the world and all hope of resistance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlhWqmVeDno
    not really upcoming but ill see Tree of life sometime soon. i heard bad things but all the artsy fartsy people are really into malick.
    Remember the String of Ears

"to the worm in horseradish, the world is horseradish."
    Quote from apples

not really upcoming but ill see Tree of life sometime soon. i heard bad things but all the artsy fartsy people are really into malick.

I saw it.

It's really about someone's taste. I personally liked it, and I do have the balls to compare it to Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey! A lot of people actually got out of the theater while I was watching it, but I liked it. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
    Rísta - ráða
    Fá - freista
    Biðja - blóta
    Senda - sóa

This might be alittle far away but I'm looking forward to The Avengers

My link
    Quote from Dauroth

Quote from apples

I saw it.

It's really about someone's taste. I personally liked it, and I do have the balls to compare it to Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey! A lot of people actually got out of the theater while I was watching it, but I liked it. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

yeah well, he got the effects guy from 2001, who also did something with the fountain; so id expect a similar direction.

Quote from StickyDan

This might be alittle far away but I'm looking forward to The Avengers

My link

Word!
    I'm looking forward to a few movies:

The Descendants

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
    Maybe just another spy thriller but it sure looks promising. And I love the genre ^^

Safe House
    This should be alright

And of course The Avengers! /nerdchills :hammy:

*You think you know me?*
    Uhg drama! I really hate drama movies.

• If no one or only one person dies in a movie it's most likely a fricken drama, everyone agonizes over that persons death in the flick, it's sad and probably will end up on the women in pain channel a.k.a. Lifetime. This is an awful movie.
    • If a few hundred or a few thousand die, we have an action flick! This is good movie
    • If hundreds of thousands or millions die, we have an epic action flick. This is a must see!
    • If hundreds of thousands or millions die at the hands of aliens, orcs, dragons, mutants, super villians,etc . This is a absolute must see even if a line forms around the block.
    I feel better now that I have stated the rules OBEY THEM!
    the remake of The Thing.
    Quote from undeadflava

the remake of The Thing.

i thought it was the prequel.

Definitely John Dies at the End. I've read the book several times and absolutely cannot wait to see what Don Coscarelli has done with it. Unfortunately the only info there is on a release date is sometime in 2012.

Click here for the trailer

As for The Thing, I was also under the impression that it was a remake, however this is the second time I have seen it referred to as a prequel. Either way it is on my list of "movies to eventually watch." Living 30 miles from a theater hinders my movie watching quite a bit, especially since it's another 10 miles past that to a theater that reliably gets new movies when they are released instead of a month or two late.

Edit: Just checked the IMDB pages. Given that the tagline for the new one is "It's not human yet" and the fact that all of the characters are different It's definitely a prequel. Good to know.
    dear Lord where do u live? alaska? because thats how long i have to go.

Prometheus

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

Small town in southern Oregon, 400 people give or take. Closest "city" is Medford. I guess my estimates were a little off though, according to Google maps it's 32 miles to the theater there. Although it's still an hour drive, longer in the winter.

And do you live in Alaska? or Anchorage? (Waits for the majority to not get the joke and respond with "Anchorage is IN Alaska")
    Quote from Enkeria

Prometheus

Definitely this.

Oh, and The Dark Knight Rises.
    Rísta - ráða
    Fá - freista
    Biðja - blóta
    Senda - sóa

Bladerunner II (no title released yet) - Ridley Scott is finally doing the continuation.
    I am most looking forward to Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, David Fincher's version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and Dark Knight Rises!
    I haven't been excited about a movie since the new Star Trek one.

But like, I was watching the new documentary about space with Stephen Hawking on Discovery channel and it was so amazing and thought provoking and even entertaining, I thought to myself, "I'd have gone to see this in a theater." I wish they'd play stuff like that at the theaters.

I do not care about Batman anymore because it has Catwoman in it. And Catwoman is Anne Hatheway. I hate when Hollywood goes for the safest bet with actors. They should've chosen someone more capable of portraying a darker Catwoman. Not that I know shit about Catwoman. I can't believe I'm even typing the word Catwoman. I'm capitalizing Catwoman here.
    Quote from Enkeria

Prometheus

Oh wow! Is it really going to be something like a pre-story for the Aliens franchise?
    /drool

Edit: Never mind! I read some articles and it seems that we'll have to wait for the movie :)

Quote from Zaagazug

Bladerunner II (no title released yet) - Ridley Scott is finally doing the continuation.

Holly shit man!! You just made my day! I'm going to search for some info on this.... can't wait O_O

*You think you know me?*
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes