Flagship Studios Closing

Hope Bioware stays good with EA, so far their not doing to bad since Mass Effect scored great on the consoles and even better on the PC, and it was a Port to which is even more of an accomplishment in getting the great reviews.
    Quote from "Olster" »
    Yeah EA is kinda the anti-christ of the video game world. I'm not saying good games haven't been released by EA and/or its many affiliates, but their business practices and ethics suck. Buying out small studios and canning most of the people isn't cool, nor is forcing studios to release games when they are unfinished.
    Well, nobody asked Flagship to sign up with EA. They could have tried a different publisher, and maybe it would all be a totally different story.
    Quote from "Equinox" »
    Well, nobody asked Flagship to sign up with EA. They could have tried a different publisher, and maybe it would all be a totally different story.

they should have went to blizzard :)
    They probably went with EA because they have the best or close to the best marketing power - if you sign with EA, your game WILL be HEARD OF and it WILL be on the shelves of every game store. Though, that can work as a double edged sword for EA is made of fail and aids.
    I found this interesting: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/39866/Flagship-Studios-Closure-Confirmed-All-Staff-Fired-All-I-P-Lost

More specificall, what the Ping0 employee said: "I think it's less that they aimed too high than that they tried to aim that high and do it quickly, and they didn't do anything the easy way. They had their own server architecture, their own client, their own chat, their own graphics engine, their own everything basically..." read on.
    Imagine if the employees of Blizzard North never closed and continued working on Diablo 3. I wonder if Blizzard would accept Bill Roper the Lead Producer of Diablo if he asked to get hired for some of the position available, or any former Blizzard North employees in general. Anyways, If they had never left Blizzard North, they would have steady income, no chaos, and the artistic design would probably be what most people wanted, although I do want colors after seeing the uglyness of Hellgate:London.
    I had high hopes for flagship, i followed these guys before they formed, watched them get a name, and then eventually a game. To see this happen, bummed me alot, as i said i had high hopes for them, HG:L was going to be my filler fix till the next diablo, and back then in my mind the next diablo wasnt gunna happen for a while if ever, glad i was wrong.

Just sucks to see this happen and how things were managed and dealt with, they could have done so much better, they could have easily made the game better, but no they just had to get it rushed, and i knew that was gunna spell its doom

Oh well things dont last forever, just sad to see a group that had potential, F*^& it up and screw alot of people over in the end.

Galleries: diablo.incgamers - deviantART || The Fiery Zod - Fan Creations Community: diablo.incgamers - deviantART
    The Runeweaver
    Quote from "Holyknight3000" »
    I had high hopes for flagship, i followed these guys before they formed, watched them get a name, and then eventually a game. To see this happen, bummed me alot, as i said i had high hopes for them, HG:L was going to be my filler fix till the next diablo, and back then in my mind the next diablo wasnt gunna happen for a while if ever, glad i was wrong.

Just sucks to see this happen and how things were managed and dealt with, the could have done so much better, the could have easily made the game better, but no they just had to get it rushed, and i knew that was gunna spell its doom

Oh well things dont last forever, just sad to see a group that had potential, F*^& it up and screw alot of people over in the end.

And why did they screw up so badly or more the poitn disbanded in the first place? Blizzard's fear in their upcoming Diablo 3
    Did anyone read the article I gave the link to?
    Quote from "Equinox" »
    Did anyone read the article I gave the link to?
    Yeah. Andrew Burnes is a lying piece of shit.
    "To be modern only means to fill new forms with eternal truths". - The Inquisitor.
    "A child laughs when it feels joy and cries when it feels pain. Both things, laughing and crying it does with it's whole heart. We all became so tall and so clever. We know so much and we have read so much. But one thing we forgot: to laugh and cry like the children do". - The Ranger.
    Quote from "3CXOD" »
    All you ad to an argument is insults.
    There's nothing good.. at all.

What is your point?
    You don't know anyone (personally) that worked at Flagship.
    What? Have you secretly been trained to read peoples thoughts and actions just to interpret them as something just to be annoying and aggravating?

Just because they were rushed, makes you think they were conning people?

False Advertisements doesn't count as conning people?
    giving promises which were never kept doesn't count as conning people?
    saying one thing and doing another doesn't count as conning people?

they even conned their own distributors by saying everything is ok when everything is not.
    the story goes..
    the Southeast asian version is released a day earlier than the US/EU version because of time difference.

FSS knowing withheld the vital info that the game CANNOT work properly out of the box without first patching to the fable Patch 0.

thus, gamers went online played then realised that they are screwed, stuck on level 20+ and the SEA distributor, IAH had no way of fixing it as the unpatched multiplayer server had a database that does not and cannot be patched to Patch 0.

IAH's solution was a wipe (that was day 1, post launch). they referred back to FSS for permission and Bill Roper said, no.
    and that FSS would solve the problem, it took 1 month more IIRC before the server were patched to Patch 0.
    but the solution is not a remedy but merely a band-aid on the problem as the buggy database builds up and caused more and more problems as the days went past.

by then the US/EU servers were way ahead in terms of patches but SEA was still stuck, no subscription, no nothing. it was finally patched up to patch 0.7 months after the US/EU server but still no subscription, no additonal content, no nothing.
    and at this point in time the SEA version is still at 0.7
    why? becasue FSS wants more money before releasing then content (this is info from people working at IAH who would get sacked if named)

at that is just the tip of the iceberg
    Quote from "Luckmann" »
    Yeah. Andrew Burnes is a lying piece of shit.
    Really... what they said there makes perfect sense and it doesn't sound like much of a claim. Did you even read the thing.
    Quote from "Equinox" »
    Really... what they said there makes perfect sense and it doesn't sound like much of a claim. Did you even read the thing.
    Of course I read it. I said that I read it. Did you even read what I said?
    "To be modern only means to fill new forms with eternal truths". - The Inquisitor.
    "A child laughs when it feels joy and cries when it feels pain. Both things, laughing and crying it does with it's whole heart. We all became so tall and so clever. We know so much and we have read so much. But one thing we forgot: to laugh and cry like the children do". - The Ranger.
    Quote from "Luckmann" »
    Of course I read it. I said that I read it. Did you even read what I said?
    Yes, I did, sounded like sarcasm.

Are you suggesting the whole article is false? If so, where is the concrete proof that Flagship is indeed closed? I have trouble finding any.
    If Blizzard is smart, and they are.. they'd try to draw in Flagship members to work ON Diablo 3. :) Both for PR reasons towards the fans/players and to include experience from these tallented individuals.
    "Strange that you say that the Worldstone must be destroyed. The prophecies said nothing about that. Perhaps all we have fought for will be lost…" - Anya
    Quote from "JayCrimson" »
    If Blizzard is smart, and they are.. they'd try to draw in Flagship members to work ON Diablo 3. :) Both for PR reasons towards the fans/players and to include experience from these tallented individuals.

Why would they do that? The reason Blizzard disbanded Blizzard North in the first place is due to THEIR choice on Diablo 3, if they come back then they would probally remake Diablo 3 in their own version AGAIN, which is not bad in my opinion but is bad to Blizzard somehow

Having de ja vu here...
    Quote from "Dvirus55" »
    They did make their diablo, it's called Hellgate and it failed. They are now going towards Mythos a more colorful game. Anyone find it funny there?

ignorance is bliss. you should read up on things a bit more before spouting off about something you know nothing about.

Blizz don't want the Flagship guys back (especially Bill Roper).

Blizzard North divided itself in 3 parts, Flagship, L5 Games and Blizzard.
    Blizzard North is no logner in Blizzard...

-XxL2PxX, New Generation Forum-Basher
    Quote from "Equinox" »
    Yes, I did, sounded like sarcasm.

Are you suggesting the whole article is false? If so, where is the concrete proof that Flagship is indeed closed? I have trouble finding any.
    No, sorry, I'm not saying that the entire article is false. I'm just saying he's a liar. I'm just much more inclined to believe one of the developers themselves. The man he's referring to have said none of the things he says he said in the article.

I'm very sure Flagship is dead and gone. Otherwise they would've made an official statement saying that people are insane. ^_^
    Quote from "XxL2PxX" »
    Why would they do that? The reason Blizzard disbanded Blizzard North in the first place is due to THEIR choice on Diablo 3, if they come back then they would probally remake Diablo 3 in their own version AGAIN, which is not bad in my opinion but is bad to Blizzard somehow

Having de ja vu here...

Yeah, so true. I feel that BlizzNorth would've done a much better job at preserving the flavour of the universe, since they were pretty much around from scratch. Just the fact that they wanted to make all-new classes instead of rehashing the old ones is good in my book.

I know that some like it, but I just can't swallow the sheer retardation of the 20-year-older Barbarian coming back with a beard, an axe, and 20 years of mental degeneration.
    Haven't you ever heard the expression "Ignorance is Blizz"? ;)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes