1: We kniow the Purple Picture isnt Diablo. P, W, O, D - doesnt spell jack. We have to wait for the full word. So, We have 4, 15, 23, 16 -- doesnt make any sense either. However ...
2: Ice, Cavern, Cold, Tundra -- all parts of a BLIZZARD -- And, if it's in a Cavern, it's Blizzard NORTH more than likely, where Diablo games were made. The Ice itself is a clue. Look at the way it's breaking ... and does anyone see a pair of HORNS to the upper part of the screen along with those eyes?
3. Whatever it is, it's breaking the ice OR we are from the perspective of the player. I have one theory about this. Blizzard WAS NOT going to make any Diablo sequel until they got so much shit from Diablo's fanbase that they had to do it. So, we fans are breaking thru the ice that is Blizzard so that Diablo 3 can emerge.
4: As for the rune, I have givven up on decifering those things. Hel is the only one I recognize. Since I dont play Starcraft, I could care less about the Protoss symbol. If I had to hazard a guess on what the new one was -- a blood elf translocation symbol, like the one in SMC, UC et al?
The pentegram geometry symbol has now flown out the window, I think.
5: I'm 80% sure those are eyes -- could be snowflakes. I'm also 80% sure if those are eyes, they are Diablo's. The other 20% says this is all some scene from Northrend and those are Arthas' eyes. In which case I would be completely ticked off.
6: Have we abandoned the obvious '3' on the right hand side of the picture?
it certainly does look like the eyes of the wanderer on the original d2 cover, but i dont think we can rule out WoTLK just yet and i hate to be negative because i wish for d3 as much as all of you but look at this, at 26 seconds in, looks just like the "ice" of the splash
I can also see a face. Either I'm too tired or I'm really on to something though. Lets ignore the eyes for a sec and say that they are just shards of ice.
Now I see an overhead view of two people walking away in the snow, its blurry but I see it. Now listen and I will show you. The guy on the right seems to be human, smaller than whatever he is walking next to on the right of him. Guy on the left appears to have black hair. The thing on the right seems to be much bigger with a cape trailing him. Also if you look ahead of him I see, Horns?!
As I type this it begins to seem more unlikely but eyes seems to obvious and look too much like ice for me.
Heres the image, I circled both people.
Let me know what you think and if you can see it.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Taser! Taser! Kindergarten Nap Time!
-- At The Drive-In --