Wasteland Quest

  • #1
    Edit: Just as a heads up, this won't be like the old RP's. We won't all be typing out story. I'll be typing, you guys simply provide direction.

    MMKAY, SO IT'S HAPPENING.
    IT'S GOING DOWN.

    Starting up a choose your own adventure style roleplay to breathe some life into this old forum.

    It's going to be set in post-apocalyptic USA, since it's a setting I'm sure we're all familiar with. Going to be the zombie flavour of apocalypse, since again, we're all quite familiar with it. I give so few shits about how overdone it is, we're gonna try our best to keep it as colourful as possible.

    I'll write stuff down, you will decide what to do based on either fixed options or open ended questions, we'll roll dice, and we'll have a gay old time.

    Since Dfans doesn't have dice rolling capability (Do we? I don't even know. Please correct me.), I'll simply roll a dice for each response to choose which one we go with if it is an open ended question, or a vote system if it's a set of options.

    For example.

    Let's say I start us off with "Where do you want to go?"
    Person 1 says west.
    Person 2 says home.
    Person 3 says kill all the humans.

    I roll a dice for each, P1 gets 14, P2 gets 5, and P3 gets 20. So instead of going somewhere, we try to kill all the humans.

    Now, let's say that I don't offer you an open ended question, and instead list those 3 options in the post, as the only 3 choices available to you. Vote system determines which we go with, and let's say we go with "kill all the humans" again.

    Since killing all the humans can be considered a skill based task, I will roll an ADDITIONAL D20 to determine how well our character does at killing everyone. Let's say a 2 is rolled, which would imply the character totally fucked up and killed one guy tops. Now let's say that instead, a 20 is rolled, and we already have massive bonuses to killing all the humans based on the events of our travels. We kill all the humans.

    SO BASICALLY WHAT'S GONNA GO ON HERE...
    1) I'm going to write stuff.
    2) You're going to decide what our character does.
    3) I'm going to roll dice, and write more stuff based on said dice.
    4) Continue until bored.

    Starting this up either tonight or tomorrow, put in any suggestions for alternate settings or ideas in the meantime. I am open to running this in basically any setting.

    Edit: Oh god, no interest so far. Starting anyways because fuck the police.
    Quote from "Sixen" »
    "One in every 10 million people can potentially have a headache from this pill." God forbid she is the 0.000000001% of having a headache.
  • #2
    A scraping sound rouses you from your sleep, stealing what few hours of rest you are able to get these days.

    You know what it is, you don't kid yourself. Unlike those who died in the early days of the catastrophe, you've been able to easily cope with the changing conditions. What that says about your personality, you'd rather not know. You chuckle at this realization.

    The scraping continues as you are lost in thought, getting progressively louder and more violent. Do they know I'm in here? You ask yourself, wondering if your hiding place wasn't quite as secure as you had thought. You shift around in the trunk of the old battered car, reading yourself to attack if their rotting brains somehow remember how to work a handle. Thank god they're dumb you think to yourself, silently drawing your knife. You give your sidearm a loving pat, a habit you've gotten into whenever you decide not to use it.

    The scraping abruptly stops. Silence outside. No shuffling, no moaning, no anything. Several minutes pass before an ear splitting howl sounds directly outside of the trunk, and the monster sprints off. You wait what you think is an hour before popping open the trunk. Nothing outside, the coast is clear.

    You scamper out of the trunk, back into the desecrated cityscape of downtown Miami. You are immediately greeted by the warm sun, which sits at the 11 O'clock position in the sky. You note this, and figure that you have time to scavenge for supplies today. While the city was picked over in the early days, much of the population was wiped out and there are countless abandoned houses, stores, and hotels that still hide supplies for the inquisitive survivor.

    You quickly sheathe your knife, and give your Glock another loving pat on the handle. You sling your old Kalashnikov over your shoulder, thanking the sturdy Russian engineering for keeping it in working condition even though you haven't found ammunition in weeks. Your backpack is last, and you do a routine check to ensure that you have everything.

    Inventory:
    Food, 5 days
    Cast iron pan
    2 lighters, one partially full
    Flashlight
    11 meters of rope
    5 metal spikes
    Rubber mallet
    Folding shovel
    28 9mm rounds.
    Sewing kit
    First-aid kit, complete with antibiotics


    With everything intact and accounted for, you quickly brush your tangled brown hair, readjust your leather jacket, shoulder your backpack, and survey the area around you for any good locations. You are in the downtown core, which is largely abandoned. You see several zombies in the distance, but they don't seem to take note of your presence. Eyes must have rotted out by now, I'll be sure to be quiet around those ones if I can you think to yourself. You've had to get physical with the risen several times in the past, thanking the nature of the virus each time you have been bitten. From what you've figured, the virus only activates upon the death of the infected. Sadly, this means that you are an unwilling carrier waiting to expire from natural, or blunt-force causes.

    To the north is an old strip mall with several stores. Most stores of note have had their windows smashed out, such as the gun shop, mini grocer, and sporting goods store. The pet store, health foods store, and hardware store seem relatively untouched, though the doors are missing from each.

    To the west is the police station and the jail, you have a feeling that it will be picked clean, but you may find places that have not yet been touched.

    To the south is an old apartment complex. 7 stories high is all you can note from this distance, you have no idea how many apartments are on each floor.

    You do not know what is to the east.

    Of the various local factions, you know that the police station used to be the home of the gang of lawmakers that frequented this area. You haven't heard much of them since arriving in Miami, though it has only been 2 weeks since you got here.

    You know that a small gang of raiders makes their home somewhere in the suburbs past the apartment complex, and you have heard estimates of their gang being 4-8 in size from other passing survivors; the honest wastelanders often pass information whenever possible.

    What do you do?
    Quote from "Sixen" »
    "One in every 10 million people can potentially have a headache from this pill." God forbid she is the 0.000000001% of having a headache.
  • #3
    I say go north, to the mall.

    Might be able to find some useful equipment.
    .
  • #4
    You decide to go search for supplies to the north, to keep as far away from the two local gangs as possible. You just hope that they haven't moved into the strip mall since you last heard of them.

    You clamber through alleyways and back streets to avoid being seen, easily dispatching the few risen that shuffle into the empty walkways. The few that you do find were either elderly or obese before the catastrophe, and offer little challenge to dispose of. You find one who was obviously a tourist, sporting a polaroid camera. I wonder if it still works? You ponder as you pick it up, point it at yourself, and hit the flash.

    The blinding light is your answer, and a picture is soon dispensed. You flap the picture in the breeze to develop it before turning it over to see the first picture of yourself in months.

    John Mandus, you are one attractive man. You think to yourself as you note your unwashed face. I'll have to find some water and fix this up soon, I look disgusting.

    You toss the camera aside as you begin walking again, and you arrive at the strip mall before the sun reaches its full height in the sky. Several risen have gathered inside of the pet store, though the rest of the area is uncharacteristically empty. You quickly figure out why when you note the sheer volume of dead littering the ground, bullet casings scattered amongst them. When did this happen? I would have heard gunshots if this was recent....

    You decide to proceed cautiously, and with a cursory look around the premise, note that very little has changed since you had last been here. Each of the stores still stands, and you notice a hardware store and an old sushi bar that you had not previously noted.

    What do you do?
    Quote from "Sixen" »
    "One in every 10 million people can potentially have a headache from this pill." God forbid she is the 0.000000001% of having a headache.
  • #5
    Let's check out the hardware store. Maybe we can dual wield chainsaws :)
  • #6
    Son... i am disappoint.
    .
  • #7
    BAH, no further interest. Placeholder until I reply with the next one, haven't forgotten! just wanted to give it a while to see if anyone else jumped on board.
    Quote from "Sixen" »
    "One in every 10 million people can potentially have a headache from this pill." God forbid she is the 0.000000001% of having a headache.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Reply
Clear All Quotes