5th class contest

Join me and my pathfinder character while you still can, cause we all know it's the winning class ^_^!

Quote from "Cyrik" »
    Inca Hunter? We're they melee? Will the Incans be in Sanctuary? Is that why they disappeared from the real world? OMG!

All the classes that are canonical to the Diablo lore have to some degree been inspired by real-life races/ tribes. Then why cannot an Inca hunter be integrated into the Diablo world?

Lol dude, didn't mean to offend man. I was actually serious with the first 2 questions. So do the Inca Hunters fight CQB? From what you said "Inca Hunter (With Ranged)" Or something like that sounded like they don't fight with ranged weapons.
    So I have this idea for the 5th Class, its quite close to other people's ideas as its a Bard. But instead of making him the Jack-Of-All-Trades kind of guy. I made him pretty different. Its actually a post I made in a different thread. But here it is

So these are the 3 Skill Trees that the Bard focuses on. In my Bard idea he uses a Sword/Dagger, Bow, and any instrument.

The Entertainer
    Focuses heavily on:
    Buffs for the party
    Some form of healing
    Aura esque abilities

The Adventurer
    Focuses heavily on:
    Gadgets (traps and such)
    Exotic Abilities (like splinter arrow and etc)
    Chemical bombs (he travels a lot so he'd find a lot of weird things)

The Minstrel
    Focuses heavily on:
    Debuffing the enemy
    Demoralizing the enemy
    Confusing and stunning the enemy

Well that's my idea for the Bard. He needs to have some form of magic or powers to effect the monsters of Sanctuary and the Burning Hells. But he doesn't focus on it, instead he releases them in his Music. I also decided to create the Trees more into what the Bard does and represents rather than the weapons he uses. The Instrument could be left out as a weapon but I thought of keeping it in some form not as a cliche but to add depth of what skills you would need and what secondary weapon you want to carry with you, whether use the sword or bow. If it does hinder customization then it can be left out.
    Sorry man but i think the bard is almost as funny as blizzards 'archivist' April fools day character.

Can't see it working - but I am all for some random original character for the 5th class. Keep the ideas coming!
    -Pray for the mercy of a quick deatH-
    [THREAD LINK="http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=441700&postcount=19"]MONKS OF SANCTUARY[/THREAD LINK] - (Won Comp & was a correct guess for the 4th Class announced at Blizzcon09! :cool:)

[THREAD LINK="http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21601&highlight=nomad"]NOMAD (5th Class Spec)[/THREAD LINK]

[THREAD LINK="http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21601"]DHAMPIR (5th Class Spec)[/THREAD LINK]
    Quote from "shibblicious" »
    Sorry man but i think the bard is almost as funny as blizzards 'archivist' April fools day character.

Can't see it working - but I am all for some random original character for the 5th class. Keep the ideas coming!

Well I wanted to try my hand on making some Character Classes. At least the skill trees aren't based on the weapons they use, but more on who they are. Just like the rest of the other D3 Classes that are already out.
    Put me up for ranger
    I think it will be something like a Dryad. Maybe not with that exact name, but the character would be composed of archery and nature spells. Maybe even party buffs that would include nature in some sort of way. It would be kind of like the druid from D2 but without the elemental spells of fire and it would have good archery skills that would be better than the amazon skills from D2. The character would also use nature spells that would make the character new and unique. The party buffs would be something like the paladin auras, but I was thinking it could be a little more like the druid oak sage summon thing. I think people are thinking inside the box too much when it comes to the 5th class (which everyone is assuming will be ranged). I would be extremely disappointed if it will be a stupid rogue or thief.. that would show a huge lack of creativity on Blizzard's part. I hope that Blizzard will grow some balls and create a NEW ranged class that the action rpg world has yet to see. Rogues are such a cookie cutter class that always have the same type of skills/spells (please don't flame you know its true), which is why I find it peculiar that people still want the same boring class.
    Quote from "xshazbotx" »
    I think it will be something like a Dryad. Maybe not with that exact name, but the character would be composed of archery and nature spells. Maybe even party buffs that would include nature in some sort of way. It would be kind of like the druid from D2 but without the elemental spells of fire and it would have good archery skills that would be better than the amazon skills from D2. The character would also use nature spells that would make the character new and unique. The party buffs would be something like the paladin auras, but I was thinking it could be a little more like the druid oak sage summon thing. I think people are thinking inside the box too much when it comes to the 5th class (which everyone is assuming will be ranged). I would be extremely disappointed if it will be a stupid rogue or thief.. that would show a huge lack of creativity on Blizzard's part. I hope that Blizzard will grow some balls and create a NEW ranged class that the action rpg world has yet to see. Rogues are such a cookie cutter class that always have the same type of skills/spells (please don't flame you know its true), which is why I find it peculiar that people still want the same boring class.

Well it has to be a balanced choice of character types which means you have to have a class that fills in the gaps - like phisical ranged damage ie. bows etc. So your idea for dryad sounds close to the mark.

A name is just a name - all ideas have surely been used somewhere before - what counts is how original and unique Blizzard can make their specific spin of the character type.

If they do go some thing different and crazy then so be it - but they must have a physical damage ranged character! If not as the next class then in the expansion for sure..
    -Pray for the mercy of a quick deatH-
    [THREAD LINK="http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=441700&postcount=19"]MONKS OF SANCTUARY[/THREAD LINK] - (Won Comp & was a correct guess for the 4th Class announced at Blizzcon09! :cool:)

[THREAD LINK="http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21601&highlight=nomad"]NOMAD (5th Class Spec)[/THREAD LINK]

[THREAD LINK="http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21601"]DHAMPIR (5th Class Spec)[/THREAD LINK]
    Samurai - slasher, cutter, slicer, dicer. . . . he cuts things. a lot lot.
    :thumbsup: Oh my... look, it's the wizard :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Beastmaster

Judging from the 2 mysterious artworks we've seen here and there... part druid, part shooting guy, maybe some other stuff.
    Gypsy! (or any synonym which means some type of traveler/explorer)

EDIT: Or, if nobody has picked it: Archer! (though Gypsy contains the exact right amount of absurdity to be the actual class name)
    All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
    - Ernest Rutherford
    Hunter
    A ranger-druid like!
    The master of Diablo is here. Exeptional things which he did:
    1. Killing Diablo with level 14 Sorceress with 50 000 gold.
    2. Complete the whole act 1 without getting hitted with Necromancer
    3. Completed the whole game in level 21.
    4. Get seven player in a handicap duel 1v7 with a Barbarian.

The forum of the Master: http://diablo-bg.site50.net
    You can put me down for Ranger. I've been guessing this one since before the monk was released!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote from "mahamoti" »
    Show your support on this thread!
    Hahaha I call Archivist :)
    That would be ridiculous if they actually did that.

Hunter would make sense I guess.
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ipposig.jpg
    Ok in all seriousness, they have no ranged character, they already have 2 magic and 2 fighting classes. Destroying the World stone changed things and this is based 20 years after Diablo 2, so I would actually go with, and I know this may seem absurd, but an early gunman class of some sort. Tinkering with different elemental ammo and grenades and traps. This is just speculation, not what I'd want.
    How about Archivist?

http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/archivist.xml?rhtml=y

Think this is just a concept?

Gets my vote!
    Quote from "DarkSpidey" »
    Hahaha I call Archivist :)

Given that somebody's already gone to the trouble to make this class playable, I'd be surprised if he wasn't hidden in the game as an easter egg, perhaps only in single player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote from "mahamoti" »
    Show your support on this thread!
    Methinks it'll be somthing like - Marksman
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes