Diablo3 Effective Health Pool Calculator

It seems to be broken now.. yesterday it was working fine. The problem seems to be the HP and dodge calculations. I'm calculating for the monk btw.
    At lvl 60 it says I have 11k hp with 1031 vit and +4% life. If I change my lvl to 1 I suddenly have 63k Hp.
    At 32% dodge it says I have 95k EHP and 3.5K EHP with dodge. If I change my dodge to 1% then EHP with dodge is the same as EHP without it, 95k. If I change it to 0% then I get 630k EHP with dodge as opposed to the initial 3.5k.

EDIT: Regarding crippling wave and deadly reach, just make it 100% uptime. The real uptime changes with weapon speed and other factors such as the target being far away or not (you can't reduce it's damage if you can't hit them. Same thing happens with resolve). If you calculate it with 100% uptime then we can easily tick and untick the box to see how much damage we take with and without the buff being active.

EDIT2: You should also add Fists of Thunder - Lightning flash as it adds 16% dodge chance for 2 seconds.

And GJ with the calculator, it's a lot more easy to use than making a spreadsheet in excel = )
    Quote from Canoas

It seems to be broken now.. yesterday it was working fine. The problem seems to be the HP and dodge calculations. I'm calculating for the monk btw.
    At lvl 60 it says I have 11k hp with 1031 vit and +4% life. If I change my lvl to 1 I suddenly have 63k Hp.
    At 32% dodge it says I have 95k EHP and 3.5K EHP with dodge. If I change my dodge to 1% then EHP with dodge is the same as EHP without it, 95k. If I change it to 0% then I get 630k EHP with dodge as opposed to the initial 3.5k.

EDIT: Regarding crippling wave and deadly reach, just make it 100% uptime. The real uptime changes with weapon speed and other factors such as the target being far away or not (you can't reduce it's damage if you can't hit them. Same thing happens with resolve). If you calculate it with 100% uptime then we can easily tick and untick the box to see how much damage we take with and without the buff being active.

EDIT2: You should also add Fists of Thunder - Lightning flash as it adds 16% dodge chance for 2 seconds.

And GJ with the calculator, it's a lot more easy to use than making a spreadsheet in excel = )

I fixed both issues, was me doing stuff while being tired ... should have known better xD

Regarding the skills, I hope I get a chance to redo some of the interface soon so I can make it more clear that they're situational stuff, I doubt think that Fist of Thunder, 2 sec buff is main
    Awesome, it's working again.

Regarding Fists of Thunder, you didn't finish your sentence, but 2 seconds is long enough to keep it active at all times. With a 1.4 weapon speed those 3 attacks take 1.4 seconds, so it's easy to keep that buff up as long as the enemy isn't too far away.
    Quote from Canoas

Awesome, it's working again.

Regarding Fists of Thunder, you didn't finish your sentence, but 2 seconds is long enough to keep it active at all times. With a 1.4 weapon speed those 3 attacks take 1.4 seconds, so it's easy to keep that buff up as long as the enemy isn't too far away.

that's asuming you have some source of IAS, but I guess any decent monk would have some IAS or be dual wielding xD?

Update 9 [2012/05/29 15:53]
    Finaly fixed the dodge chance madness properly!
    Quote from SaikoDrakie

that's asuming you have some source of IAS, but I guess any decent monk would have some IAS or be dual wielding xD?

My attack speed is just 1.4. All I have is a fist weapon and no IAS bonus and in 1.43 seconds I can trigger the 2 second buff. A monk should aim for more attack speed though, so the buff would proc even more quickly.

The active from mantra of evasion and the +20% resistance passive from one of mantra of healing runes would also be helpful = )
    Gonna test this out.
    Last edited by Roake: 5/25/2014 8:02:11 AM
    it uses localstorage, an HTML5 feature, to save your characters stats.
    Could you tell me what browser (and preferably what version of it) you're using? I'll test it myself and try to find a fix ;)
    Quote from chaoslux

Few things i would like to see:

Wizard: Archon adds 40% Armor and Resistances, which stacks with Force armor. Could it be possible to add it to the equation? It may only be a 15 second effect on a 2 minute cooldown, so instead of trying to "even it out", it would be preferable to see my archon EHP, and if i uncheck it, see my EHP without.

Also, overall request, it may sound silly and adds another layer of numbers, but i would like to see my actual total damage reduction. as nice as it is to know i have 200k EHP, i also like to know stuff like "Im reducing all damage by 83%, awesome"

sorry mate, I've seemed to miss your reply previously :( but now that I did read it, here's a new update:

Update 10 [2012/05/30 09:16]
    Added 'extra options' to Monk (Crippling Wave, Deadly Reach) and Wizard (Archon).
    (re)enabled displaying armor and resistance effective reduction %.
    Quote from Mikebox

Firefox 12.0 and the problem looks like this. The page also loads instantly, instead of when trying with IE or in Private Mode it takes some time.

I think I know the problem, could you try again now :-)
    If it still doesn't work, hit CTRL+F5 once after loading the page, it will refresh the page without caching, just to be sure
    Got the same problem as others :/....
    Last edited by Roake: 5/25/2014 8:04:49 AM
    Update 11 [2012/05/30 10:01]
    Added Mantra of Healing rune effects.

Update 12 [2012/05/30 12:35]
    Added Fists of Thunder - Lightning Flash rune.
    Redid EHP for alternatives to display the change instead of the new total.
    using +10 armor as alternative now.
    It looks awesome now! Thanks.
    Could we get other classes aura buffs added to the classes they're not part of? Like Warcry + Impunity, Mantra of Evasion + Hard Target, ect.

Also Dodge% doesn't support a decimal.
    Quote from Aurorah

Could we get other classes aura buffs added to the classes they're not part of? Like Warcry + Impunity, Mantra of Evasion + Hard Target, ect.

I added support for decimals,

applying cross-class buffs is kinda tough technically and trying to get everything in the interface is an even bigger challange so for now I'm just gonna put that one on my todo list (at the bottom xD).
    As soon as a get a chance to rewrite some code and redo the interface with some tabs I could do that one, since I am kinda interested in weither or not the sharing of the buffs make up for the +15% dmg done by the mobs when I'm grouping with my Monk buddy :-)

FYI; there is someone working on witch docter implementation (I got an open pull request on github for it from someone), he ain't done yet, but it will be in soon I hope :-)
    If he's done that would leave just demon hunters ... but most of them run around with
    Quote from SaikoDrakie

Quote from Aurorah

I added support for decimals,

applying cross-class buffs is kinda tough technically and trying to get everything in the interface is an even bigger challange so for now I'm just gonna put that one on my todo list (at the bottom xD).
    As soon as a get a chance to rewrite some code and redo the interface with some tabs I could do that one, since I am kinda interested in weither or not the sharing of the buffs make up for the +15% dmg done by the mobs when I'm grouping with my Monk buddy :-)

FYI; there is someone working on witch docter implementation (I got an open pull request on github for it from someone), he ain't done yet, but it will be in soon I hope :-)
    If he's done that would leave just demon hunters ... but most of them run around with

Demon Hunter is easy:
    Add an option called Smokescreen
    If (Smokescreen) then EHP = NaN, else = 1.

That was hard.

Alright but kidding aside, thanks for implementing the Archon ;)
    But i noticed something lately, i stopped ticking the Blur option because i saw it appears on the details screen as 20% Melee reduction. And since i have 23, i didnt know how the program would react to Blur + 3% and consider it additively or multiplicatively. So i just type 23 in melee reduction and leave Blur unchecked. I suspect some people are doing both since it seems like something that can easily be an oversight.

...And while reading this i was also going to write how i guess the same could be said of the armor but its easier to find out because you can turn off the buff and then input the stats. That's fine until i realized that this means Glass Cannon is probably taking its 10% off my resists and armor... which are the numbers in input in your program and your program then takes ANOTHER 10% because i ticked Glass Cannon...

Okay, this is basically a third train of thought i just had, while writing the same post. Dear god. Anyway, At the start of this post i said that i wonder why those are even options since you cant easily see the numbers "without", that's considering you already have those, but considering i asked to add Archon just to "see what it would do", then it would be stupid of me to ask to remove options in case you dont have them in your spec and want to see what it would do to your EHP. But one thing learned at least from this is that i hope Melee Only Reduction and Blur are added before they are calculated in your EHP since they are additive.
    Quote from chaoslux

I'm planning to build a 2 step interface, where step 1 is either picking your previously input character or inputing a fresh char, where you can put in the stats in your character screen AND select your current buffs, so I can calculate the base stats from that and you don't have to disable the passives to get the correct stats to input into the calculator!
    Love this tool and I've been using it for quite a while to see if an item was worth a buy or not.

Only bugs and kinks I've noticed though is that somehow res isn't done right, at least on monk, which I'm using.
    472 res in the sheet gives 59.97% but in game it says it's 61.17% and thats a pretty big difference.
    EDIT: I'm dumb! Of course it is lower since higher leveled mobs is less affected by your res =D

Otherwise awesome work =D

ooh, and wouldn't it just be possible to make another check box that says "Mantra of Evasion Activation bonus" and just make that add another 15%. Would be a neat way to test out how much it affects your Dodge ehp =)
    Quote from Track1044

Love this tool and I've been using it for quite a while to see if an item was worth a buy or not.

Only bugs and kinks I've noticed though is that somehow res isn't done right, at least on monk, which I'm using.
    472 res in the sheet gives 59.97% but in game it says it's 61.17% and thats a pretty big difference.
    EDIT: I'm dumb! Of course it is lower since higher leveled mobs is less affected by your res =D

Otherwise awesome work =D

ooh, and wouldn't it just be possible to make another check box that says "Mantra of Evasion Activation bonus" and just make that add another 15%. Would be a neat way to test out how much it affects your Dodge ehp =)

Sounds like a plan, added it to my todo and yea charscreen shows ur %% based on a mob of equal level, being 60, while we really care about 63 since that's what rapes our faces in inferno :D

I've tried adding an item compare feature, but the code was a big mess so I'm gonna make some other changes first, I do really want it in asap since it's a pain to write down EHP, add teh items stats and then compare the EHP values xD
    Update 13 [2012/05/31 09:25]
    Added Witch Doctor!! Thanks to MrMarvin!
    Also cleaned up the code a lot.

The tool has been open for public for a week now and I added google analytics pretty early and I gotta say, the stats look awesome, having 11k unique visitors already in such a short time and getting mentioned in a couple of other forums, video streams channels and such
    Kinda funny how I'm happy/proud of 11k uniques (0.15% of total d3 population) while at my job I got 5mil uniques (which is about 30% of national population) xD

I'll try to focus on developing some more features that focus on easy of use for returning visitors (and in general ofcourse) next.
    In the meantime keep any sugestions/requests you got coming and I can do some of them when I find small gaps in my schedual ;)

Oh and if people could give the topic in the official forums a friendly bump;
    EU: http://eu.battle.net...opic/4525923896
    US: http://us.battle.net...opic/5149014570

that would be awesome

ATTACHMENTS
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes