Diablo3 DPS & EHP Calculator / Comparison Tool

Hello,

just noticed that i don't have a topic for my little page. It's just another DPS / EHP Calculator.

Some features:

- Character Import from D3 Armory without registration
    - Save / Load & Short Permalinks
    - Supports DW Builds
    - Supports extra Elemental Damage % on gear (Zunimassa's Journey, Inna's Blessing)
    - You can compare up to 3 Item Sets
    - Statweights
    - a lot of translations (still looking for 한국어 )

As always messages about bugs / suggestions are very welcome :]
    Very nice, +1.
    Thanks,

i added a dps toplist which is using real dps instead of armory dps (includes stupid buffs which makes it useless for toplists) by calculating it from the gear. I'll add sorting, filter by class / region and stuff later.
    Armory Import now available for the effective health pool calculator (regions EU, US, KR and TW)
    Due to a lot of requests, we have a new & more detailed DPS & EHP calculator.
    Dude seriously big thanks! Calculators with import are hard to find... looks like solid setup as well^^

Will be using this and referring to friends.

Big thanks once again,
    Cudez
    WW Barbs might want to take a look at the new true DPS and Life gained per Second numbers.
    Quote from sssdrawr

WW Barbs might want to take a look at the new true DPS and Life gained per Second numbers.

You can find this on the detailed calculator's page http://www.d3rawr.com/d

Credits go to this guys:

true DPS: http://us.battle.net...64416737?page=1
    life gain: http://us.battle.net...opic/6893549412

Very cool. Is this updated for 1.05? Specifically, I'm talking about the nerf to LoH for WW barbs resulting from the decrease in the proc coefficient of RLTW from .2 to .08.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Yes everything is updated for 1.0.5

(There are some small things i have to test to be 100% sure as soon as EU got 1.0.5)
    Barbarians got a Skill Damage page (other classes soon). Instead of just taking the weapon damage and multiply it, i tried to do as much research and tests as possible to provide useful and more realistic damage numbers including all the buffs like Won Khim Lau's lightning damage, Tal Rasha's Set Bonus and Crit Hit / Damage increases for specific skills.
    thanks for that tool! was looking for that kind of calculator for a while so free bump so more people will appreciate your work ; )
    I know it's just a preview, but your Whirlwind and Sprint - Run like the Wind values look wrong to me:
    1. There are no offhand ticks for Run like the Wind
    2. Whirlwind uses the weapon aps you are about to swing while dualwhielding
    Quote from Nubtro

SPRINT RUN LIKE THE WIND MECHANICS
    1. Tornadoes do 20% main hand base weapon damage per tick.

WHIRLWIND MECHANICS
    5. When dual-wielding:
    a) WW alternates between weapons to deal damage beginning with the weapon you are about to swing before using WW
    b ) WW tick frequency depends on the weapon you are about to swing not the weapon you swung before using WW (exact opposite of Sprint)
    c) WW fury cost per tick (for the whole duration of WW until you stop spinning) depends on the weapon you are about to swing before using WW. It does not alternate between the weapons and their individual WW fury cost.
    tornado uses speed of both MH and OH, it just doesnt take the dmg from OH
    Yep

When dual-wielding, tornado tick frequency depends on the attacks per second (aps) of the last weapon swung before using Sprint.

But i guess i understand whats wrong with the WW DPS. There is no DPS for MH and OH, only for MH ticks and OH ticks.

edit: I'm a retard, forgot that there is more than one tornado. Damage for RltW should look much better now (∅ number of tornadoes used is 3.5 now)
    Again...

Whirlwind:
    1. WW is alternating main- and offhand-ticks.
    2. WW starts alternating with the weapon you are about to swing
    3. WW uses a constant APS for every tick, regardless whether this is a main or an offhand tick. The constant APS is determined by the weapon you are about to swing before starting channeling
    Sprint - Run like the Wind:
    1. RLTW does not alternate, there are only main-hand ticks.
    2. RLTW uses a constant APS for every tick, which is determined by the last weapon swung before activating the skill
    3. I'd prefer ∅ DPS per tornado, but that maybe personal preference.
    General:
    Adding a note that tickfrequency is depending on something the user has to figure out himself is not a good design for an calculator i think. There are basically two different situations for both (WW and RLTW) - why not calculate values for both situations?

Using the widespread setup of a slow mainhand weapon / fast offhand weapon - this raises the DPS RLTW is doing when the last weapon swung before using RLTW was the offhand, but due to the new Information we got for Whirlwind, this lowers the DPS of WW.
    The opposite is true if the last weapon swung before using RLTW was the mainhand - it lowers the DPS for RLTW but the DPS of WW raises because it's using offhand APS for the channeling time.

P.S.: I love d3rawr for its precisition, but i've messup my accout and used the "recover password" fuction once - now i can't change my password, since the option is missing when you login to the forums account using the mailed password.
    Quote from Twister

P.S.: I love d3rawr for its precisition, but i've messup my accout and used the "recover password" fuction once - now i can't change my password, since the option is missing when you login to the forums account using the mailed password.

I'm sorry for that, i'll add this option. You can always mail me with a new password and your Login Name.
    What Twister said. Ideally your calculator (great work btw.) would show two results:

1. Main hand swing before using sprint and WW
    - rtlw damage = main hand damage times tick frequency of main hand
    - ww damage = average of both weapons damage times tick frequency of off hand

2. Off hand swing before using sprint and WW
    - rtlw damage = main hand damage times tick frequency of off hand
    - ww damage = average of both weapons damage times tick frequency of main hand

Also another nice option would be a "number of tornadoes" window for people to choose.

Again, very nice work for the D3 community, thanks.
    Thanks for the post, you can change the number of tornadoes now from 1.0 to 5.0 and there is a new box for the 2 results.
    Skill Page for Wizards is done. I never really played this class and don't know that much about what kind of information is important, so feel free to msg about anything i should add. And as always, everything is with buffs and bonuses like Won Khim Lau's increased lightning skills damage, the Tal Rasha's set or damage / crit hit bonuses for specific skills.
    I´ve done a lot of researching today, I´m sure this will help your calc to be accurate:

elite bonus modifier = 1 + ((1 - (1 - bonus#1/100) * (1 - bonus#2/100) * (1 - bonus#3/100) ...)
    demon bonus modifier = 1 + ((1 - (1 - bonus#1/100) * (1 - bonus#2/100) * (1 - bonus#3/100) ...)
    elemental bonus modifier = 1 + (sum of "adds % to elemental damage" bonuses / 100)

The first two formulas mean that vs elite and vs demon damage bonuses have diminishing returns (example 10% sun keeper and 4% unity ring results in a 13.6% bonus).

So for you calc, you have to ask people to somehow add those bonuses each separately not add them up because that would result in inaccurate calcs (so 10+4+4 etc. not just as 18).

the "adds % to fire/cold/psn/arcane etc. damage bonuses are added together, they´re not multiplicative and also only affect physical damage not elemental

direct skill bonuses on gear like frenzy/bash belts are simply added to the "damage increased by skills" modifier (battle rage, maniac, insanity, brawler etc)

the "elemental skills deal x% more damage is a separate modifier (multiplier), note that the bonuses are added together, example 2xset tal rasha +3% with sankis +15% would be a 1.18 modifier (+18%)

here´s the damage formula

MIN DAMAGE = ((((A + B ) * (1 + C / 100) + D) * E) + J) * F * G * H * I * K * L * M

A: base minimum (physical) weapon damage

B: sum of +minimum (physical) damage on the weapon itself, including ruby in weapon

C: +% (physical) damage on the weapon itself
    - example: "+35% damage"

D: sum of +minimum (physical) damage on gear (jewelry)

E: adds % to elemental damage bonus = 1 + (sum of "adds % to elemental damage" bonuses / 100)
    - yes this affix depends on the physical damage of the weapon ("A" to "D") not on the elemental damage of the weapon ("J")

--

F: primary attribute bonus = 1 + (primary stat / 100)
    - primary attributes are strength (Barb), dexterity (DH, Monk) and intelligence (WD, Wiz)

G: elite bonus modifier = 1 + ((1 - (1 - bonus#1/100) * (1 - bonus#2/100) * (1 - bonus#3/100) ...)
    - the weapon/gear affix "increases damage against elites by x%"
    - diminishing returns

H: demon bonus modifier = 1 + ((1 - (1 - bonus#1/100) * (1 - bonus#2/100) * (1 - bonus#3/100) ...)
    - this is the gear affix "+x% damage to demons"
    - diminishing returns

I: "damage increased by skills" modifier = 1 + (sum of skill bonuses / 100)
    - battle rage, insanity
    - maniac, punish stacks
    - brawler, berserker rage
    - frenzy/bash/cleave belts and jewelry

---

J: +minimum elemental damage on the weapon itself
    - example the "1" in "+1-3 fire damage")

K: skill damage modifier = (skill tick damage / 100)
    - this means how much damage a skill does per hit (tick), for example normal bash = 165% (1.65 modifier), whirlwind = 145%/3
    - important note: rune effects that boost damage of skills like WW Volcanic Eruption are calculated as base skill damage times their bonus, for example WW Volcanic Eruption does 30% more damage than the other runes, so 1.45*1.3/3, keep that in mind (don´t use the tooltip values)

L: "elemental skills deal x% more damage modifier" = 1 + (sum of affixes / 100)
    - a separate modifier, not in the damage increased by skills group ("I")
    - example 2 x tal rasha fire skill bonus (3%) and burning axe of sankis fire skill bonus (15%) result in a 1.18 (+18%) modifier

M: critical hit damage modifier = (1 + critical hit damage / 100)

Apply the formula accordingly to calculate max damage.

Note that ideally "J" elemental weapon damage would be calced separately as J * F * G * H * I * K * L and added on top of (((A + B ) * (1 + C / 100) + D) * E) * F * G * H * I * K * L

The reason for this lies in the +min damage affix on gear (jewelry) because if you get min damage that is higher than max weapon damage, min=max is applied and for example +1-3 fire is put on top of min=max and results in min+1 to max+3 damage.

If there´s any mistakes in my results, let me know.

EDIT: after retesting rubies, fixed the formula - rubies in weapons are in the "B" group not in the "D" group and also get boosted by the +% damage affix ("C").

Here´s the tests I made to confirm the above.

58-86 base +13% damage +31 min amulet, 1953 str, bash (165%)

a) (58-86 + 31-0) * 1.13 * 20.53 * 1.65 = 100.57-100.57 * 20.53 * 1.65893406.758465
    b ) (58-86 * 1.13 + (31-0)) * 20.53 * 1.65 = 96.54-97.18 * 20.53 * 1.65 = 3270.24423-3291.92391

I got more that one different damage (in the calced damage range) so it´s option b ). If it was a), I would only get one damage each hit.

58-86 base, + 13% damage, +31 min amulet, +24 min ring +2-4 ruby, 1953 str, bash (165%)

a) 122.54-101.18 * 20.53 * 1.65 = 4150.98123
    b ) 122.80 * 20.53 * 1.65 = 4159.7886

I got 4160 damage which meant base weapon -> rubies -> +% damage -> +min dmg jewelry.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes