The banned account analysis

TL;DR if you have been banned you have lesser chance to find good quality items.

We are three friends playing closely together but there are people in here for reference as well.

Person A - have never been banned in a Blizzard game
    Person B - have been banned 24 hours, once
    Person C - have been banned 24 hours, twice, total 48 hours (this is me)

All this started as a joke, that the quality of your loot is based on how many times you have been banned.
    But later on we came to conclusion that this is the reality. This analysis is not empiric in any way and we have no proof.

Person A always gets the best loot, plays less, best loot. Ofcourse he has slumps and gets those boring shitty items as well but for the most part he gets use:able or sell:able items.

Person B gets bad loot most of the time. Sometimes he gets loot that he actually can use or he can sell. But most ot the loot is bad.

Person C, thats me, I never get anything i can sell or use when it comes to legendary items. I don't mean to whine, i have good gear thanks to RMAH and friends giving me loot. But my loot quality is a lot worse than both Person A and B. I make most of my money on selling minus level req items, loot that my alts on lower level find and vendoring yellow items.

So is this just a coincidence? Well we like to believe so ofcourse. But we decided to find a reference group. And we found 3 people of our friends in similar situations with bans and no bans and guess what they had exactly the same feelings and where thinking exactly the same as us.

So i like to raise awareness with this post and try to reach out and find even more people like this. And Blizzard would ofcourse never say that this is the case it would be so much bad publicity coming their way. But i feel that if you have been banned your account can be secretly punished longer than just the ban timer.
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    I would hate life if this were true.
    I haven't been banned and found ONE item I could sell for more than 40m. Been playing like 400 hours and from day one on. See? RNG = RNG
    Seems like a conspiracy theory to me.

You know, I have a pretty bad luck with drops too. I was born on 9th of February and I spoke to other people born on the exact same day who had the same feeling about their drops as me! Blizzard must be punishing those born on 9th of February!

It's the only conclusion, yet I don't have any empirical proof.

I don't always act snidely, but when I do, it's because the theory is silly.
    this is the dumbest thing iv ever heard...loot drop rate cannot be balanced per account.. and u probably deserve ur shity loot streak since u seem to enjoy getting banned

RNG is RNG .. quit hitting the metal with a tree branch its not gonna break
    Yeah,

what a strict analysis. 6 Out of millions of people.

Its simple: Choose your conspiracy theory property you might want to observe, define it vaguely. Search long enough to find at least one other person (group) that seems to agree. Do not (!) provide all information or simply stick to not observing it. Result: Conspiracy Theory established.

But i can't blame you, since the human mind is not meant to understand propability. If something occurs randomly we have the inner need to find structures to describe these effects. And somehow people come up with the wildest ideas (such as server ip number determines overall legendary drop chance...)

You know, I have a pretty bad luck with drops too. I was born on 9th of February and I spoke to other people born on the exact same day who had the same feeling about their drops as me! Blizzard must be punishing those born on 9th of February!

Couldn't agree more. Btw. i have been pretty lucky lately, maybe i should search for other guys born on my birthday to see if i could come up with a loot drop theory either :)
    Tin-foil hats, tin-foil hats,.. get your tin-foil hats here!
    Tinfoil Hat: a phrase that originated from the science fiction story, "The Tissue-Culture King," which has then been tied to extreme symptoms of paranoia as well as belief of conspiracy theories. In essence, it is claimed that a tinfoil hat can prevent radio frequency waves or telepathic signals from invading a person's brain, thereby preventing higher powers from taking control over their minds or having their brains explode into hazardous waste products. In Diablo III, tinfoil hats are usually placed on those who believe various mechanics of the game are all the results of an elaborate conspiracy put in place by the game's developers (predominantly loot drop rates and quality). Most people laugh at those who don tinfoil hats.

Edit: Oh, oh, one of my real-life friends used to bot 24/7 as a wizard. After I warned him to at least cut it down, he ignored my advice until he was inevitably banned. He then bought a whole new account, rolled a barb, and is now paragon 85 with a full IK set from strictly botting. Has yet to get punished a second time.

But I guess you can put on a second tinfoil hat and say he's not getting punished because he rolled a barb instead of a wizard. Or that he gave Blizzard another $60.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    answer to every of these threads: its random. you couldnt even be sure if you had 100 cases... its random.

every 2nd day there's a new thread that makes wild speculations :) its just random!

a friend of mine plays half of my time and he is better equipped and richer, because he had 2 awesome finds. random.
    i get regular drop rates and i was banned for 3days back in bc wow for selling gladiator title
    Quote from OnlineSlugen

TL;DR if you have been banned you have lesser chance to find good quality items.

We are three friends playing closely together but there are people in here for reference as well.

All this started as a joke, that the quality of your loot is based on how many times you have been banned.
    But later on we came to conclusion that this is the reality. This analysis is not empiric in any way and we have no proof.

Person A always gets the best loot, plays less, best loot. Ofcourse he has slumps and gets those boring shitty items as well but for the most part he gets use:able or sell:able items.

Person B gets bad loot most of the time. Sometimes he gets loot that he actually can use or he can sell. But most ot the loot is bad.

Person C, thats me, I never get anything i can sell or use when it comes to legendary items. I don't mean to whine, i have good gear thanks to RMAH and friends giving me loot. But my loot quality is a lot worse than both Person A and B. I make most of my money on selling minus level req items, loot that my alts on lower level find and vendoring yellow items.

So is this just a coincidence? Well we like to believe so ofcourse. But we decided to find a reference group. And we found 3 people of our friends in similar situations with bans and no bans and guess what they had exactly the same feelings and where thinking exactly the same as us.

So i like to raise awareness with this post and try to reach out and find even more people like this. And Blizzard would ofcourse never say that this is the case it would be so much bad publicity coming their way. But i feel that if you have been banned your account can be secretly punished longer than just the ban timer.

Haha lol i love these retarted post's when people get all emo when they pickup no loot, and then come to some kind of conclusion

That it must be blizzard doing something. or some update that messed up everything or just something as retarted as this. Imagine every account that got banned got a decrease in loot find and magic find and gold find, i don't even think that would be possible as for each player in the game would require to have a complete server just for them self.

No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on proper occasions.
    Quote from Kyoob

Seems like a conspiracy theory to me.

I don't always act snidely, but when I do, it's because the theory is silly.

Purely because i am so good at FPS games i get punished, blizzard feels that people with good reacction's and aiming skills need to be nerfed.

No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on proper occasions.
    If the quality of items WOULD be worse the more you have been banned by blizzard, then that means the item creation process would involve an info-related string value which the game eventually would have to extract from the internal database of blizzard either every times a monster dies or once in a while to just update the value. Think about it; there is absolutely no reason as of why to have a file (or similar) around on peoples PC's (such as in their account folders), and hence any info would have to be extracted from a different database.

If this was true such trafficking would be detectable by dataminers within due time and taken the time this game has been out I highly doubt such exists.

Random is random. Pseudorandom can be almost completely random. It sucks, but that's just how it is.
    Quote from OnlineSlugen

Congrats of conspiracy theory number 8932832. This is getting old.

The human race will never grasp the concept of RNG.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    i think someone hasnt been wearing their tinfoil hat :)
    I believe there is something more then just RNG but...
    From all of those theories out there about it, this one is the most retarded one, really.

And btw for guys who didnt realize yet, comments that says "tinfoil hat" are getting pretty annoying and old.
    I understand that from what I've heard, returning botters, the only Legendaries they will only be able to get are a (1) Madstone and (2) Grandfather with no critical hit damage.
    OP if that was true, me being a blizzard gamer since warcraft 1 (yes, the RTS back in 1994-1995) and since that I never got banned in any blizzard game, I should have a 250e legendary /week.
    Guess what! This is not the case :P
    Just noticed how you named your thread "Analysis", which I find quite amusing... I think you don't fully understand the meaning of the word. Anyway, someone should lock & burn this topic.
    The game can magically tell that you've been banned before, even if you're using a completely fresh account and D3 license. BEWARE! Also, if you log onto a friend's account, you will infect their account with your shitty drops.

Also, Voldemort can hear you speak his name.

Also, the cake is a lie.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes