Gear Guru - the free DPS/EHP calculator for Android

I'm getting about a 10k dps discrepancy in what I see in the app vs what's on screen. On a fresh install of the app I imported all 5 of my characters, logged in game to check. I changed absolutely nothing in the app or in game.

Witch Doctor. Btag = holt#1521 (US) if you want to check it out

I double and triple checked all the stats in game vs what's in the app. Everything matches perfectly except the dps.

Hi, I looked at your profile and see the problem. It is a bug with Gear Guru that will be fixed shortly. Your weapon has a +0.23 attacks per second modifier on it, which unfortunately is being ignored by Gear Guru. This will be fixed in the new version that I am releasing in a day or two. What you could do is set the weapon attack speed % to 19. This will get your DPS closer to the true value, but it won't be exact.

Cheers.

I guess I just thought I double and triple checked all the stats...... good catch. Great app. Thanks.
    this is great, thnx!
    Hi man,

I'm missing something:
    when you compare off hand weapon, you don't get the option to select weapon damage or even weapon type!

regards
    First of all, this is by far the best calculator I've ever seen! Great work! Keep it up.

I have a problem with my WD champ: IcepickD#1823

There is around 10k missing dmg. The way I see it there are few problems:
    1)Set bonuses(I've seen you know this)
    2)I believe that poison dmg from my zunimassa boots is not calculated

Must say again: very good work! I've been wandering just one thing, where did you get the formulas for all the calculations, is there a place where it is documented(wiki or ...) or it is just common sense? :)
    2-dimensional bar code & google paly link can't be opened because of my region, can you give another way to download this app?
    Thanks!
    Been playing around with this app and I love it ! I've been filling out my barbarian manually and I'm kinda confused what to do with the Barbarian Active Skills part, it says with 3 of them:

Battle Rage - None
    War Cry - None
    Wrath of the Berserker - None

If I have Runes on them instead of nothing, can I still choose those Active Skills or can I only select them when I don't have any runes on those Active Skills?
    You should give a look at weapon comparison... if you want to compare only the weapon you need to reinform your offhand so it would work as intended... could you give us de option to compare mh with mh, oh with oh too?

BTW, great app, i am having a blast with it!

Hi man,

I'm missing something:
    when you compare off hand weapon, you don't get the option to select weapon damage or even weapon type!

regards

You probably have a two-handed weapon selected for your main hand (or your character class can't dual wield?).

Been playing around with this app and I love it ! I've been filling out my barbarian manually and I'm kinda confused what to do with the Barbarian Active Skills part, it says with 3 of them:

Battle Rage - None
    War Cry - None
    Wrath of the Berserker - None

If I have Runes on them instead of nothing, can I still choose those Active Skills or can I only select them when I don't have any runes on those Active Skills?

When you click any of those active skills you should get a popup asking you which rune you want to select. When you first import your character those skills are all intentionally left unselected. The reason being that most of the time you don't want them to impact your EHP/DPS calculations. A lot of skills, such as wrath, are only used once in a while so it doesn't make sense to assume it's always on. This way you can just tick on/off a skill to see what impact it has on your EHP/DPS.

You should give a look at weapon comparison... if you want to compare only the weapon you need to reinform your offhand so it would work as intended... could you give us de option to compare mh with mh, oh with oh too?

BTW, great app, i am having a blast with it!

You can just select the main hand slot or the off hand slot to compare MH to MH and OH to OH.

First of all, this is by far the best calculator I've ever seen! Great work! Keep it up.

I have a problem with my WD champ: IcepickD#1823

There is around 10k missing dmg. The way I see it there are few problems:
    1)Set bonuses(I've seen you know this)
    2)I believe that poison dmg from my zunimassa boots is not calculated

Must say again: very good work! I've been wandering just one thing, where did you get the formulas for all the calculations, is there a place where it is documented(wiki or ...) or it is just common sense? :)

Those two things will be added in the next version. I already have that functionality pretty much working, I just need to finish some of the other features before I can release it.

As far as the formulas go the logic for the calculations all started with the same formulas you would find in a lot of the spreadsheets floating around. The basic idea is HEALTH / (1 - DR). Of course the logic evolved greatly from there, to support the full range of effects for every skill and item. The same goes for DPS, although I had to make several modifications to the formulas to get it to match in-game DPS. Once I get some free time, probably next week I'm going to do a write-up with all of the formulas.
    Nice work!! Great App... =D
    Ok... this thing is crazy good.

In fact... Blizzard should be both envious and almost a little embarassed that they haven't already released an app for both Android and iOS that works EXACTLY like this.

I'm actually pretty floored at how well this works. Cheers mate, this is awesome... fantastic!

(I just wish I found this 3 days ago when a blew 1/2 my gold on an Amulet for a lowly 78.8 DPS increase... thats not 78K BTW just 78 points)

I would happily pay for this if you bring it over to iOS. I have an Android Tablet (Xoom), but don't purchase anything from Google. I have an iMac at home and iPhone and stick with iTunes for purchases, I dont need 2 lots of funny money. Not counting my X360 LIVE account with more funnymoney (M$Points).
    I'd like to try it out, unfortunately I get this error : This app is incompatible with your China Unicom Sony Ericsson R800i. This item cannot be installed in your device's country.

This cellphone is using Android 2.3, but seems it has region lock or something
    If you could update this, it would be great indeed.
    Amazing work.
    Its good.

You REALLY need to make a clear button for comparison too, that is just absurd you didn't think of that :)

I'd like to try it out, unfortunately I get this error : This app is incompatible with your China Unicom Sony Ericsson R800i. This item cannot be installed in your device's country.

This cellphone is using Android 2.3, but seems it has region lock or something
    If you could update this, it would be great indeed.

Hrm, I've made some changes to the app profile on google play. Maybe that will open it up to more regions? If not just PM me your e-mail address and I can send you the app directly.

Its good.

You REALLY need to make a clear button for comparison too, that is just absurd you didn't think of that :)

There is a clear button, and a revert button. The clear button is next to the "New Item" header, and will clear the new item stats. The revert button is beside the "Currently Equipped" title.

I'm getting about a 10k dps discrepancy in what I see in the app vs what's on screen. On a fresh install of the app I imported all 5 of my characters, logged in game to check. I changed absolutely nothing in the app or in game.

Witch Doctor. Btag = holt#1521 if you want to check it out

I double and triple checked all the stats in game vs what's in the app. Everything matches perfectly except the dps.

for me its like 20k dif...
    euro / immortal#2266

Hrm, I'm going to look into your profile a bit more. Something is definitely screwed up gear guru's calculations. I'll let you know what I find shortly.

thanks for replay
    i can see that d3up.com also is not correct with dps
    just to let u know

good work man !

for me its like 20k dif...
    euro / immortal#2266

Is it possible that your 145053 dps including Battle Rage ? Checked this with my calc and if i add 3% crit and 15% dmg i get 145052.99, without 121332.35.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes