New set Items vs old Set items.

Firstly I didnt really know where to post this question so please move the post to wherever it should be if it is required.

I got a question regarding set items that has not been answeared by the patch notes.

Will new set items "combine" with old set items and still "work" to provide set bonuses?

Anyone could please enlighten that subject?
    Since some of the new set bonuses (if not all) are different from the old ones, the answer to your question is no :) .
    The second indication to this, is that the new set items and also the new set bonuses have different names then their previous versions.
    They won't combine. They're two different sets. You could get 2 pieces of the old set and 2 pieces of the new set, but you would only get 2x 2 piece bonuses and not the 4 piece bonus.
    ☆ ✮ ✯
    Great. Thanks.

EDIT: But I just saw this on the frotn page, this set as an example is the exact same as it was before isn't it?
    • Blackthorne's Regalia 2 pieces: [+100 Vitality]
    • Blackthorne's Regalia 3 pieces: [Increases damage versus Elites by 2%]
    • Blackthorne's Regalia 4 pieces: [5% Better Chance of Finding Magical Items] [+5% Extra Gold From Monsters]
    The old & new sets don't mix for bonuses, it's stated in the legendary preview. What's nice for certain sets if the 2setbonus is good is 2x old + 2x new so you get 2 2setbonuses.
    So if I own crafting for sages wisdom it remains sages wisdom and not the new sages set?
    Quote from RenescoD3

Great. Thanks.

EDIT: But I just saw this on the frotn page, this set as an example is the exact same as it was before isn't it?
    • Blackthorne's Regalia 4 pieces: [5% Better Chance of Finding Magical Items] [+5% Extra Gold From Monsters]

Actually this is the new set. I think you didn't scroll down enough and still saw the old set listed in the first half of the set item list.
    • Blackthorne's Armor 2 pieces: [+100 Vitality]
    • Blackthorne's Armor 3 pieces: [Increases damage versus Elites by 6%]
    • Blackthorne's Armor 4 pieces: [15% Better Chance of Finding Magical Items] [+15% Extra Gold From Monsters] [Reduces damage from Elites by 7%]
    Quote from Ecidluohs

Quote from RenescoD3

Great. Thanks.

Actually this is the new set. I think you didn't scroll down enough and still saw the old set listed in the first half of the set item list.
    • Blackthorne's Armor 4 pieces: [15% Better Chance of Finding Magical Items] [+15% Extra Gold From Monsters] [Reduces damage from Elites by 7%]

Quote from Ecidluohs

Quote from RenescoD3

Great. Thanks.

Oh yeah i see it. Thank you.

Too bad the 2 item set bonus is still the ame. Blackthorne is made for 2 items only...Pants+boots or Pants +chest

EDIT:
    Btw i had 3 pants drop, one boots, and 2 chests of it so far...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes