ERR37 - The D3 All-In-One Calculator (v0.4c)

Our current developer version has a nice and shiny error reporting function in it that dumps exceptions straight to our google issue page, no longer is it needed to have you as the user do it manually. I am hoping to expand this feature to allow for suggestions and manual error reporting ( For issues that are not erroneous code-wise ) from within Error37 itself too however that is for v0.5 at it's earliest point.

Our backend developer is currently a bit time constraint and such our next version will likely not come out until late this weekend if not early next week. We'll see how far we can get it.
    Since you released to public, here are some comments/suggestions.

1. Typos on About page: Artwork not Artword and Entertainment not Entertainement
    2. Re-order all the dropdowns to be sorted ascending by name. It is very difficult to find items
    3. Get yourselves an icon! I hate the default .Net icon. :)
    4. When viewing the Add Item Stats popup, please add which item you are adding stats for in the header. IE: "Add Item Stats for Gloves"

Good work so far guys, looks ready to be a 1.0. :)
    Nah, far from 1.0. We have a lot of things planned before we bump it out of beta!
    But please, if you could be so kind, put this on our issues page as a suggestion. It keeps it sorted and clean and people from different sources besides D3Fans will see the suggestion too! : )

Edit: Apparently I cannot post links anymore because I need 10 posts..? o.0

Anyway... just copy paste it then >.> : code.google.com/p/dh-dmg-calc/issues/list
    We are in need of some user input currently on what to do with the buttons that represent the character item sheet. Right now they are very dull looking buttons that don't really serve any purpose but to be able to click on them to edit the stats.

I would like to know from you guys what you think would be a good idea to put on those buttons that would both make sense and be usable. Remember that for items like the Neck and both rings the space is limited!
    Well.. this silence is not what I had expected :x

Where has everybody run off too? D:
    An ambitious project - I like it!

I will sit down this weekend and give it a run - I will be sure to send my thoughts and suggestions your way :)
    Quote from Nordicus

I will sit down this weekend and give it a run - I will be sure to send my thoughts and suggestions your way :)

Awesome, thanks for the interest!
    Please file any of your suggestions over to our issues page, keeps things organized! : )

We would still like to have some suggestions about what to do with the worn items buttons.
    Quote from Nensec

Quote from Nordicus

Awesome, thanks for the interest!
    Please file any of your suggestions over to our issues page, keeps things organized! : )

We would still like to have some suggestions about what to do with the worn items buttons.
    I planned on taking a look at it yesterday afternoon after work, but I completely forgot. If you want to remind me, post here around 5 EST (8 hours from now) so I see it after work. Otherwise it's up to my brain to remember, and that's not likely.
    Will do!
    Reminder send for Diablo Fan aldrek!
    Haha, thanks! As I predicted, I totally forgot about it again.
    I actually like the buttons the way you have them. They match the in-game character sheet style you're going for. The only thing I could think of is to make them look even more like the in-game character sheet, but that might make it hard to tell that they're buttons. Maybe turn down the opacity?
    The request was more to indicate how a used slow should look like. The only indication if a slot has stats in it is to mouseover it for a tooltip. We are looking for a way to make this visible in a different way, not necessarily having the stats shown however.

I was personally thinking of maybe just adding a icon chooser during stat addition.
    An icon chooser would be nice. It's one of the things I was expecting to happen when I selected the weapon type. Aside from choosing an icon, you could just have the color change to indicate the slot is filled.

Also, there isn't an option for weapon damage % increase in the stat selection. For example, my 2H axe has "+40% Damage" as an affix.

A short explanation of what each stat means would also be a good feature, if you aren't planning this already. I know most are self-explanatory, but when you enter the Weapon Speed stat, is that including Increased Attack Speed? I wasn't sure if it did, myself.
    We have just implemented (And I literally mean just an hour or two ago) a change to the enumerations of the stat values to be localized in the dev version. They should now show up somewhat better, e.g. '+ Minimum Damage' instead of 'MinimumDamage' and 'Attack Speed increased by %' instead of 'AttackSpeed'.

The weaponspeed is redundant and not used. All weapons in game have a fixed attack speed, so : )
    Also, we know that a lot of stats are still missing, it's on the TODO list for this version atleast :P

I will see if I can sneak in an icon chooser for v0.4, just don't tell pdluke! :x
    v0.4 is shaping up nicely.
    I am not going to make a promise but I think we will be able to get something out for you guys next week to use!
    Thanks for this... knowing what's an upgrade and what isn't has now made me spend all my money!! :P

But it's better than spending it on things and not finding out they're not upgrades ;D

Now get passives in! Easy mode xD
    Quote from Vanyali

Thanks for this... knowing what's an upgrade and what isn't has now made me spend all my money!! :P

But it's better than spending it on things and not finding out they're not upgrades ;D

Now get passives in! Easy mode xD

Just be careful, do not blindly trust our application. We have almost no validation implemented and without a proper compare it is relatively easy to make mistakes like this one person had on the official forums. He spend 13 mil on a downgrade for a weapon..
    WoW, I've been working on something that is to say the least, almost Identical, but it has other features too. It's still in development since I shifted my main focus to getting D3API.Net (my .Net api wrapper) and D3MediaLib (my diablo 3 media library) out to the public so people can start using them for development. They would probably be very very useful for your project, they're posted in the Tools Forum if you want to check them out!

Well anyways, I'm about to shift focus back to my calculator project, so maybe it will be stable enough to put out a beta version in the next couple of days.

BTW, I'm sooo jealous you guys have a team!

Keep up the good work. Maybe we could exchange ideas at one point O_O?
    Quote from Promedeus

WoW, I've been working on something that is to say the least, almost Identical, but it has other features too. It's still in development since I shifted my main focus to getting D3API.Net (my .Net api wrapper) and D3MediaLib (my diablo 3 media library) out to the public so people can start using them for development. They would probably be very very useful for your project, they're posted in the Tools Forum if you want to check them out!

Well anyways, I'm about to shift focus back to my calculator project, so maybe it will be stable enough to put out a beta version in the next couple of days.

BTW, I'm sooo jealous you guys have a team!

Keep up the good work. Maybe we could exchange ideas at one point O_O?

It is nice to see that other people also working on projects for helping the community.
    Wouldn't it be better that we all team up to make one great application, rather than everyone cooking its own minor solution?

Kind regards

pdluke
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes