[program]DPS Calc + compare PC + Mac compatable (new version 0.0.6 1/8/2012)

Quote from Draahl

Quote from doondoon

Hey, thanks for the feedback however, what do you mean quivers don't work at all? i am confused what you mean here? you just select offhand?

When i select offhand in the comparison box and for instance put in 50 dex, the calculation says i loose ALL my dps when i do that. And i do mean all hehe -38k ish.

strange, this doesn't happen for me any chance you could send me your save, so i can replicate the error your getting
    Quote from Alovnek

There seems to be a small problem with the item comparison with regards to offhands like shield or sources.
    There is no option to directly choose a source so you have to use the option dual wield (OH) and then choose source.
    However it appears to be assuming the input stats are a weapon instead of a source.

If I put in a 2 identical sources (41-241 damage, 68 int and 7% crit) it shows it as a gain of 5.3k damage while the input stats are identical.

Yea you will be pleased to know I have now added this into the next build.
    Quote from Glowyrm

It almost calculated my DPS 100% correctly, it was off by about 200 DPS. Besides that, it seems to be miscalculating some other numbers, or maybe it's just presenting them in a different way than the character sheet in game. Here's a list...

Do your weapons have % damage bonus on them?

Quote from Glowyrm

It's saying my "Weapon Calculated AS" is 1.009 when in game it is 2.03/1.86

That is an average of the 2 weapons (i have since changed the output msgs so dont remember which line but i thik its right).

Quote from Glowyrm

It says my "Primary Stat Mod" is 17.45 but in game it's 16.87 (1687%)

1 + ((5 +(3*charLvl) + all attributes)/100)
    ^

Quote from Glowyrm

"Weapon Average Damage" is shown as "9"

Total Damage/2 (your orig damage was 18?)

Quote from Glowyrm

"Attack Speed Mod" is shown as "1", not sure what that is supposed to be

The mod of all your items on your char of IAS... weapon IAS is calculated against each weapon only, the IAS on an item applies to both weapons if equipt.

Quote from Glowyrm

"Critical Mod" shows 1.6, which I am guessing is 160% Crit Damage, but I have 231% Crit Damage.

no its a decimalised value of critHit*critdmg o +1 :)
    Quote from thebold

Quote from Glowyrm

It almost calculated my DPS 100% correctly, it was off by about 200 DPS. Besides that, it seems to be miscalculating some other numbers, or maybe it's just presenting them in a different way than the character sheet in game. Here's a list...

Do your weapons have % damage bonus on them?

No

Quote from thebold

Quote from Glowyrm

It's saying my "Weapon Calculated AS" is 1.009 when in game it is 2.03/1.86

That is an average of the 2 weapons (i have since changed the output msgs so dont remember which line but i thik its right).

Averaging my 2 weapon speeds would be 1.9, not 1.009.

Would still be great if both weapon speeds could be shown separately as well in addition to the average.

Quote from thebold

Quote from Glowyrm

It says my "Primary Stat Mod" is 17.45 but in game it's 16.87 (1687%)

^

Not sure what's happening here. What's "all attributes"?

Quote from Glowyrm

"Weapon Average Damage" is shown as "9"

Total Damage/2 (your orig damage was 18?)

Hmm, no. I can't see how anyone's weapon damage could be that low.

Quote from thebold

Quote from Glowyrm

"Critical Mod" shows 1.6, which I am guessing is 160% Crit Damage, but I have 231% Crit Damage.

no its a decimalised value of critHit*critdmg o +1 :)

I see, would be nice to see Crit Chance and Crit Damage listed separately though like the in game character sheet.

Really, the best program out there will be the program that emulates the in game character sheet as closely as possible. The more it looks like the in game details, the more useful it will be.

You can ADD other things of course, but it's still best to have exactly whatever the in game sheet shows as well.
    I dunno if you have actually tried the program... try pressing statistics, or is this too much to comprehend?
    Quote from doondoon

I dunno if you have actually tried the program... try pressing statistics, or is this too much to comprehend?

That works, I initially tried it when I was clicked on "M.Damage" and it wasn't showing anything, so I assumed it was incomplete or non functional until I tried it while on the proper "Damage" tab a little while ago.

Even though you were an asshole about it I'll still say thank you for the program.
    Quote from Glowyrm

Quote from doondoon

That works, I initially tried it when I was clicked on "M.Damage" and it wasn't showing anything, so I assumed it was incomplete or non functional until I tried it while on the proper "Damage" tab a little while ago.

Even though you were an asshole about it I'll still say thank you for the program.

I like to treat people how they treat others... maybe you should proof read things before sending them, if your not very good at writing/talking to people.
    Quote from doondoon

Quote from Draahl

Quote from doondoon

Hey, thanks for the feedback however, what do you mean quivers don't work at all? i am confused what you mean here? you just select offhand?

When i select offhand in the comparison box and for instance put in 50 dex, the calculation says i loose ALL my dps when i do that. And i do mean all hehe -38k ish.

strange, this doesn't happen for me any chance you could send me your save, so i can replicate the error your getting

Sent you via your msn email stated in your profile here on Diablofans.com
    www.twitch.tv/Draahl
    www.youtube.com/Draahl
    Hardcore gamer since 1995.
    Quote from Draahl

Quote from doondoon

Quote from Draahl

Quote from doondoon

Sent you via your msn email stated in your profile here on Diablofans.com

Thanks a lot for that, i have tested this, on your current version sedans me to say you are correct, however we have fixed this and added a new option for OH only which will be in the next release in a few days... also with with some nice other goodies ;)

Watch this space :)

Thanks for your time and input here.
    Quote from doondoon

Hey thanks for the feedback, the feature of pulling info i havnt read anything about it becoming available? maybe you have a link... we were thinking in the future to dealve into memory reading so we can pull the data that way, but if you have read something that this will be implimented that would be a gread read for me.

As for the design of the ripped partchment, its very hard to cater for everyones taste, some think this is very cool and make the app very unique... others like yourself they just want a clean program that does what it says on the tin, nothing wrong with either, just hard to cater for both, personally being the designer i thought it looked pretty smart :-P

And hey, don't get me wrong, I think it's a great start, it obviously just needs some more polish :)

Something you might want to consider in the future is something like an EP value for each stat. In terms of WoW, an EP is what we call an equivalency point. Let's say that Dexterity and Crit have a 2:1 ratio when it comes to dps point per point with a given set of gear. It's a relatively simple calculation to come up with the number and will help people in eyeballing what stats they're aiming for, or rather, what stats produce the most damage.

Just looking over the DPS equation as a whole, it looks like everything scales alone fairly linearly, but it's really interesting to see how combinations of stats scale over other stats -- specifically the Crit Chance to Crit Damage stat. It's pretty obvious that each stat increases the value of other stats so I suppose the real question is how value sets are balanced around each other. The best examples I can think of are how Weapon Damage, Dexterity, and Crit Damage work together.

It would be nice to have, somewhere in the application, a static field showing the comparison between XX amount of Crit Damage and XX amount of weapon dps. XX would be auto-filled based on the quality of gem you would want to put into your weapons. The reason for this would be to show the point where Weapon Damage has the same DPS value as Crit Damage. Above that point you would want to gem Crit and below that point you would want to gem Damage.

Above all else, your application should be easy to use and be helpful in making decisions about gear. I suppose we should think of it like a gear helper instead of a DPS calculator. DPS calculations alone are boring and simple.
    Azraeil,

Some nice ideas I will have a think about them.

I have released 0.0.5 today its available through this site I quickly created: http://www.d3swl.com/
    Find out whats new here: http://www.d3swl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5&p=5#p5
    Barbarian DPS calculation is still off. Was the same in the old program. I triple checked my numbers and i put in the right ones.

I get 14,9k damage in the program, but have 15,1 ingame.
    The modifier is alright at 1469% in both places, crit chance and crit damage is good too.

Weapon attackspeed i dont get tho, says 1.21 in the program, 1.61 ingame. Might be whats setting it off but unsure how you display or calculate it.

File attached is the barb gear saved.
    ATTACHMENTS
    • barbarian
    www.twitch.tv/Draahl
    www.youtube.com/Draahl
    Hardcore gamer since 1995.
    Thanks for this input i had a look at your twitch and found your montage you have made which helped, however after 'Thebold' looked over this for 3 hours he managed to perfect some code and maths but unfortunately haven't been able to work out whats going on here the only thing you can do (i know its a lot to ask, and i don't expect it at all) is enter your items 1 by 1 while doing the same in Diablo and keep going until the calculation goes wrong.

Also tried your info on another calc which is believed to be working and the numbers were off also, very strange. i believe it may have something to do with your ring with 15 max damage on it possibly the amulet, maybe you could just take that/them off and tell us if this is correct, else the only way to see where it is going wrong is the method above.

Thanks a lot for feeding this back to us though, and in the process we found since the last release we had broken the focused mind from merc, so this will be in a revised 0.0.5 and possibly if we can find a solution to your problem this will be in the revised version also.

On a side note we tried to swap your weapons around see if this was the issue and noticed your dps went up more? i don't know if you need the extra fury or just didn't realize.
    On the above theory to get the exact dps in our calculator you need to add 13.0325 damage to any empty damage slot (min or max)...

I have also tried a different calculator and spreadsheet all of which return worse results then SWL calculator, so really at a loss at the moment =(
    On another test i tried adding 1.5 to the alternate damage box of the ring and amulet and the calculation came very close, its just speculation though, would be good to hear from you about whether it is the ring (possibly amulet also) giving the errors here
    Hi doondoon, I'v tried your tool and compared with another tool named drag0nius'Diablo 3 DPS Calc (V2.6). The Dps comparison result seems to be very wield. Your tool's calculation is around 13000 DPS and the drag's around 15000 dps which is much close to my real panel DPS data. In this way the result is totally different. Your tool thinks the auction item is preferred while the drag's prefers my equipped item. Actually, The drag's result is close to the result in the game (with a small deviation), your result presents a larger deviation. I dont know why.

PS: I use the same character with same gears equipped. And What's more, what's the IAS mean in your tool? Is it equal to attack speed (if a weapon)?

Sorry for no captures.

Many thanks.
    Yea unfortunately, since we added the new feature we managed to break some code/math we have a fix ready to be put up but we just making sure nothing else arises before we do, would be very interesting to know whats happening with you. what are you trying to compare?
    Ok we have released another new version!!

This time Thebold has been working really hard to implement the EHP calculator. He believes its ready to be tested and needs some feedback in order to make it even better!

Let us know what you think!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes