[program]DPS Calc + compare PC + Mac compatable (new version 0.0.6 1/8/2012)

Quote from Azraeil

I don't like the interface. The application itself looks great functionality wise, but I don't like the torn page look to it. I think it should look a little more clean.

As far as future development goes, having a web based application would be just excellent. I play a rogue in WoW and our go-to site for item comparison, reforges, etc is Shadowcraft. Take a look: http://shadowcraft.m...chogall/azraeil. it might inspire you.

You should also seriously consider using the BNET API to pull data about the characters as soon as that functionality is available. Being able to import a character is probably the biggest time saver out there for this sort of thing.

Hey thanks for the feedback, the feature of pulling info i havnt read anything about it becoming available? maybe you have a link... we were thinking in the future to dealve into memory reading so we can pull the data that way, but if you have read something that this will be implimented that would be a gread read for me.

As for the design of the ripped partchment, its very hard to cater for everyones taste, some think this is very cool and make the app very unique... others like yourself they just want a clean program that does what it says on the tin, nothing wrong with either, just hard to cater for both, personally being the designer i thought it looked pretty smart :-P
    Quote from Azraeil

I don't like the interface. The application itself looks great functionality wise, but I don't like the torn page look to it. I think it should look a little more clean.

As far as future development goes, having a web based application would be just excellent. I play a rogue in WoW and our go-to site for item comparison, reforges, etc is Shadowcraft. Take a look: http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us/chogall/azraeil. it might inspire you.

You should also seriously consider using the BNET API to pull data about the characters as soon as that functionality is available. Being able to import a character is probably the biggest time saver out there for this sort of thing.
    I think the interface is fine, other than that "Stay a while and listen" text at the bottom (Assuming it's still the same as in the above screenshot. Haven't downloaded it yet). Is that totally necessary? Maybe it's just a design thing, but it takes up a lot of room. Just loaded it up for the first time, and I guess the name of the program is Stay a While and Listen. Might want to put that in the first post, so people like me who post before looking at the program don't make silly mistakes.

And if this ever became anything like Shadowcraft, it'd absolutely be the most godly calculator ever. Shadowcraft is incredible.

Quote from doondoon
    Hey thanks for the feedback, the feature of pulling info i havnt read anything about it becoming available? maybe you have a link... we were thinking in the future to dealve into memory reading so we can pull the data that way, but if you have read something that this will be implimented that would be a gread read for me.
    The API isn't available yet, but it will be eventually. Link

This is different, but it might be similar to what you can get with the API. This is a preview of the Diablo III "Armory" they have planned, kinda like they have with WoW: Link
    Hey

Well I seriously screwed up with Duel Weild and Selecting the weapon on main hand will not work with the correct AS of the weapon, I have made a fix for this for our next build 0.0.4 with Merc support.

For someone who posted on here about Set items... I have just this morning added the set items panel so you will be able to add the appropriate bonus's I have no way of testing this though...

I would like to recruit Beta testers if there is anyone out there that wants to get involved please email me.

I can not believe the amount of downloads we have had its in the region of 3.4k within 4 hours or something.. incredible! again sorry about the duel wield not working/main hand weapon compare.

Working hard over here breaking a sweat !:D
    RE Diablo API, That was the first thing I went looking for but seems as though Diablo does not support xml exports yet (if it does let me know ill be all over that), and as for the montage thing I had last night started working on the code for it, since we have xml saves I can render these maybe into web pages with some default css or maybe inside a flex window... unsure of yet busy fixing bugs re feedback :)
    Hello,

great job on the program, the one important thing that should be added is DH passive skill "Steady Aim" which basically increases all damage by 20% and almost every DH is using it.
    Quote from shotzz

Hello,

great job on the program, the one important thing that should be added is DH passive skill "Steady Aim" which basically increases all damage by 20% and almost every DH is using it.

Albeit I call this situational DPS I have added it.
    0.0.4 Has now been released.
    I love your app! The interface has a lot of potential and is a lot more fun to use than a Google doc spreadsheet.

I have a very basic understanding of how to calculate DPS and would like to share my experience of using your app for the first time.

I wanted to use your app to compare the DPS on these 2 items:

My gloves:
    100 Strength

AH gloves:
    75 Strength
    5.5% Crit Hit Chance
    25% Crit Hit Damage

I proceed to enter the info and got no result. After searching a bit on how DPS is calculated I realized your weapon's stats have everything to do with calculating DPS. I entered my 1H's stats and got a result.

*** After inputting the 2 gloves info and clicking "Show Diff" it would have been nice if I got an error message asking me to input the stats off my 1H in order to get a result. ***

Also, when comparing two like items, it would be nice to see the compared info all in once place without having to click or mouseover. Maybe something like this:

Glad you had a good first experiance, we will look into what you suggest.

We have been getting so many new ideas and fixes from you guys, really really apprecate your support.

Once we have gotten a few more idea and such, i will update the main post including some ideas people have given us and what we plan to impliment in the future, so keep em coming, and we shall see what we can do :)
    Overall I like SWL but I was hoping that you could add "Steady Aim" to the Demon Hunter passives. It adds a 20% dmg modifier. This way I can easily compare to my live numbers.

Thanks for the great work! Also, are there any plans to integrate Effective Health Calculations into this program? It would be great to be able to compare items based on EH and DPS change.
    Hey,

wanted to try ya very nice looking dps calc but when i wanted do download it mediafire says its private.

Greetings

ATTACHMENTS
    • privat
    Quote from Swee

Hey,

wanted to try ya very nice looking dps calc but when i wanted do download it mediafire says its private.

Greetings

0.0,4 has now been released this is why.
    Quote from slipey

Overall I like SWL but I was hoping that you could add "Steady Aim" to the Demon Hunter passives. It adds a 20% dmg modifier. This way I can easily compare to my live numbers.

Available in the new build.
    Quote from slipey

Thanks for the great work! Also, are there any plans to integrate Effective Health Calculations into this program? It would be great to be able to compare items based on EH and DPS change.

EHP is definatly a plan for the future... there is some code (in the background) already working towards this feature, so this is definatly on the table!
    file is private
    Quote from thebold

Quote from Swee

Hey,

Greetings

0.0,4 has now been released this is why.

Hm okay, i think iam blind or is there no link for v 0.0.4?

" This file is currently set to private.

When a file is set to private by its owner only the owner of the file can access it. If you are the owner of the file please log into your account to access this file.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact support.

Click here to view our help resources "

hm? o.o
    Quote from razor055

" This file is currently set to private.

When a file is set to private by its owner only the owner of the file can access it. If you are the owner of the file please log into your account to access this file.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, please contact support.
    Click here to view our help resources "

hm? o.o

Doondoon has fixed the link... 100 downloads in 2 mins? wth!
    i still get the file is private message

works :)
    Quote from storeposer

i still get the file is private message

works :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3wzi5aop7yfpjzi

Your web browser must have cached the old web link.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes