[program]DPS Calc + compare PC + Mac compatable (new version 0.0.6 1/8/2012)

CURRENT VERSION: 0.0.6

Hi so me and my friend (thebold) have been working on this little program a little while now and feel its finally ready to be released, i didn't do any of the coding just the graphics so any question like that i will ask him, but here is his release post, Enjoy!

Download to this app is on the new website (which is a work in progress) http://www.d3swl.com/downloads.php

Please feel free to stop by our forum and say hello as well

For some reason the website, isn't displaying properly in windows explorer you can still download just fine though.

I have been working on a project that started out as a personal calculator and instead turned into something to make for everyone else {why not}! Thanks to my friend who did some form of design to make it look nicer.

Its coded in Adobe Air ( Adobe - Adobe AIR ) – compatible with Windows and Mac, I do not believe it is supported on Linux (sorry guys ).

Like most other peoples calculators this one is not perfect it would appear the game rounds numbers in weird and wonderful ways (which means that there are minor deviations) and possibly even bugs as it would appear.

I obviously intend to keep developing this but would love feedback and if anyone spots an obvious mistake please e-mail me (contact info in the app).

thanks to Rjkiller for pointing out, our downloads are OVER 9000!!!
    Ideas from the fans:
    "Suggest weakness" - Not currently looked at, but definatly something we would like to add if possible (User - Faubi)

"add error box telling you to imput wepon if no current weapon is input" - something we will be looking in to (user - jonchico)

"add situational skills" - we have already started implimenting a few, thinking about innovative ideas to include this very informaly

"EHP" - this is something we are looking at implementing already, already some code hidden inside working on implimenting this (Slipey)

Ideas we are throwing about:

Montage - this is just an idea we have knocking about, we would eventually like once all stats are input for you to be able to make a montage of your gear for use on forums and whatever else you may need it for.

Merc compare - this is something we hope to have in next release.

Lightswitch - so unfortunatly some people are not a fan of my graphics and would like a does what it says on the tin app. so throwing around ideas of a lightswitch to make this possible.

These are just ideas no garentee we will be able to impliment these, but definatly things we are going to look at.
    With 300+ downloads and no posts just wondering what people are thinking.

We have recently updated with a massive graphics overhaul and UI enhancements

We are also looking into being able to pull your stats from game so you dont even need to enter anything!
    So this is 100% working now (has be for a while) since not been getting any feedback here have been concerntrating on another forum where we are getting alot of very possative feedback.

But anyway, i figured i would just update you guys with what we are doing and have done...

So:-

Interface been upgraded a lot
    compare items 100% works (even comparing each hand in dual wield)
    passive skills have been added
    many other tweeks, improvements and features

next release in a day or so will have merc damage calc + compare
    merc buffs (to players dps)

the tool has come along way since we released it, after doing some research into other calculators ours is far more advanced and diverse with many more features, very easy to use and looks the part, we would apprecate some feedback on our work since we have put a lot of time into this project.

pic of the current program and a sneak peak of some things you can see in next release :)
    looks nice but nobody wants to install dat air thing. bring it up to a website or something..
    Nice calculator! :)

Here are some improvements u may make that i noticed:

- Lacking Magic Weapon and Familiar on Wiz.

Regards,

Pedro Santos

Nice calculator! :)

Here are some improvements u may make that i noticed:

- Lacking Magic Weapon and Familiar on Wiz.

Regards,

Pedro Santos

+1

Great app. I like it. Numbers seem pretty well accurate. Will play more and let you know any feedback.
    edit: mistake on my part =)
    overall very cool, however, I'm having a bit of trouble calculating my dual wielding damage. I've triple checked my crit %, main stat, crit damage, passives, weapon types and damage, yet it's displaying 31682 damage when my ingame damage is 32283. Any ideas what it might be? Or is the dual wield calculation not spot on?
    Just gave it a try, very nice. Even if it isn't 100% accurate, (my own Barb's damage was off by like... maybe 100ish?) it's still worthwhile because if it's say ~100 high/low, it will still show ~100 high/low with a new item being compared, etc.

High point: Ease of input - This tops every spreadsheet I've fiddled with, easily (no pun intended).

Suggestions: a way to make multiple item comparisons at once, but in an organized fashion; some simple rollovers to act as visual indicators for clickable areas (IE: the item input area); eventually you could get a little more in-depth with skills and include things like Frenzy>Maniac Rune, or Battle Rage>Marauder Rune, etc, but that's definitely extra stuff. A scalable window would be nice fluff - it feels smallish on a hi-res monitor. After opening an item, I was able to drag the input panel off of the window and lose it - might want to bound that to the edge if nothing else. A non-movable pop-out window might work even better - lord knows you've got the monitor space. Great work though, seriously - I'll be using this and checking back for updates.
    i got mojo with reduce cooldown of wall of zombies by 1 sec
    thats why my stats are wrong...
    spot on, you just need to add sharp shooter and steady aim for demon hunters, to go with archery, otherwise i removed those 2 passives and it was spot on. Unusable for me until you add those 2 passives.
    Nice tool, but how do I add %dmg like on zunimassa boots?
    I just get a NaN in Total DPS, what am I doing wrong?
    very nice will definitely be using this thanks
    Zak,
    Just wanted to let you know that when inputting dual wielding monks, they get a 15% attack speed buff, in order to get a correct dps output for dual wielding I had to add the 15% to each weapon and then it was right on the money, nothing major, just figured I would share that tidbit, otherwise looks well done, and has an ease of use that some of the spreadsheets don't.

Cheers
    Hey guys, thanks for the awesome feedback!

I just get a NaN in Total DPS, what am I doing wrong?

At a guess i'm going to assume you have put a letter into 1 of the input boxes for example strength you have 100a... this will break the output.

Just gave it a try, very nice. Even if it isn't 100% accurate, (my own Barb's damage was off by like... maybe 100ish?) it's still worthwhile because if it's say ~100 high/low, it will still show ~100 high/low with a new item being compared, etc.

High point: Ease of input - This tops every spreadsheet I've fiddled with, easily (no pun intended).

Suggestions: a way to make multiple item comparisons at once, but in an organized fashion; some simple rollovers to act as visual indicators for clickable areas (IE: the item input area); eventually you could get a little more in-depth with skills and include things like Frenzy>Maniac Rune, or Battle Rage>Marauder Rune, etc, but that's definitely extra stuff. A scalable window would be nice fluff - it feels smallish on a hi-res monitor. After opening an item, I was able to drag the input panel off of the window and lose it - might want to bound that to the edge if nothing else. A non-movable pop-out window might work even better - lord knows you've got the monitor space. Great work though, seriously - I'll be using this and checking back for updates.

We are planning on implementing these skills in the not so distnat future, after some e-mail feedback we have noticed some high importance updates we need to address so maybe not next update but certainly the update after!

Nice tool, but how do I add %dmg like on zunimassa boots?

This will be added in the next release, thanks for the input.

overall very cool, however, I'm having a bit of trouble calculating my dual wielding damage. I've triple checked my crit %, main stat, crit damage, passives, weapon types and damage, yet it's displaying 31682 damage when my ingame damage is 32283. Any ideas what it might be? Or is the dual wield calculation not spot on?

I'm going to take a guess that your weapon has %damage on it?

You find a weapon that has 5.123 damage, it has 7% damage.

The game does this for us: 5.123 * 1.07 = 5.481610000000001

It then rounds this number for us to a whole number which in this case is going to be 5 (assuming it rounds to closest).

To reverse engineer the above number most people would think, lets now reduce that value by 7%... which gives you
    5*0.93

Thus the error margin has just been massively increased; if the game gave the number from point of origin it would be a great deal simpler to work out the DPS to perfection.

But unfortunatly it isnt, so unless you had a google super computer, this is very hard to work out, unless blizzard give us the foruma or tell us in game the origon of the weapon.

Thanks for all your input guys, has helped alot! keep it coming :)

Some things we are looking at include:-
    Dual wield bug
    main hand differences not coming back properly.

a new release with some fixes should be done by the end of the day today!

Let us know if you find anything else!
    awesome calc for my witch doc. although if you could make the app bigger, since i have to squint to see the stats
    Gonna download this when I get home later.
    I don't like the interface. The application itself looks great functionality wise, but I don't like the torn page look to it. I think it should look a little more clean.

As far as future development goes, having a web based application would be just excellent. I play a rogue in WoW and our go-to site for item comparison, reforges, etc is Shadowcraft. Take a look: http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us/chogall/azraeil. it might inspire you.

You should also seriously consider using the BNET API to pull data about the characters as soon as that functionality is available. Being able to import a character is probably the biggest time saver out there for this sort of thing.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes