Relative value of stats on different item types

Great chart, but on your "Life %" rows, you're incorrectly denoting the values as decimals. I guarantee there are no "0.09% to max health" rings floating around. You need to make those values whole numbers, my brotha ;) Decimals would only be correct if you were indicating them as an overall multiplier, and even then you'd need "1.12" or "1.09" for them to be correct ;)

-Mike
    Do you have any information on the distribution of stats, on a per-stat and per-slot basis? This would be very informative, if you did.
    omg can u change the colors from the spreadsheet please because it make my epilepsy seizures skyrocket >
    This one too:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/item-affix-quick-look-chart
    Quote from Popobawa
    I'm also pretty sure this data can be used to create some interesting graphs or some aid for gear guides, i'm just not quite sure what to add. So please let me know if you have any suggestions or have some interesting data yourself :D

You shouldn't use for example use

ROUND((1/Q94*N94); 2)

to display two decimals, as this will cause inaccurate results the more you use it. Just simply calculate it.

1/Q94*N94

and then format the cell to only show two decimals.

You should also consider using multiple sheets to "hide" calculations instead of adding blocks of rows with 0 height.
    Theres one piece of misleadig info there. Theres an 3% lifesteal on belts but lifesteal only appears on mighty belts. I think you should add all item subtypes, including class specific, as class specific items have speical affixes.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    Quote from Simca

I've been looking for this exact type of analysis for like two weeks. You're awesome.

This. Thank you very much OP!
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    so if i see a 201 DEX andr visage helm, i should think its fake?
    on EU rmah...
    Quote from Irixian

Great chart, but on your "Life %" rows, you're incorrectly denoting the values as decimals. I guarantee there are no "0.09% to max health" rings floating around. You need to make those values whole numbers, my brotha ;) Decimals would only be correct if you were indicating them as an overall multiplier, and even then you'd need "1.12" or "1.09" for them to be correct ;)

-Mike

did it actually say 0.09% or did it say 0.09, because 0.09 = 9%
    I was using this site for this kind of info : http://www.d3rmt.com...maximum-values/
    It looks more comprehensive.

Legendaries and special bonuses give trouble for people trying to create these graphs. Keep up the good work !
    Quote from DrNy

so if i see a 201 DEX andr visage helm, i should think its fake?
    on EU rmah...

No, you re-read the OP’s post where he said he doesn’t include legendaries because most of them have exceptions.

Take the item you questioned as an example (Andariel’s Visage which is ilevel 59). Now normally the highest Dex you could get on a rare ilevel 59 item is the double stat mod (75 max) + the pure Dex mod (77 max) for a total of 152 dex. Andariels Visage however is an exception because it’s a legendary (As the OP said). It still follows the standard rules for the single random magic property it gets (Which is the pure dex mod of 77), however as a legendary property it gets +112-129 of either int, dex or strength. This means this legendary item can roll 129 dex on it’s unique modifier + 77 dex from it’s magic property roll for a maximum of 206 dex (which amazingly is higher than the 201 dex helm you site).

I also made a similar chart a while ago listing out what affixes can roll on what item slots, however I increased this list to include the maximum values from ilevel 58 to ilevel 63. My primary purpose was to find out what max stats I can get on lower ilevel gear to figure out what was even worth picking up and it’s become a very useful chart :)
    Quote from Gnarf

i use https://docs.google....poYjY5Mnc#gid=0

like the layout a bit more

Layout on this doc is fine, but the Ratio/Value per stat per slot that the OP has is priceless, with the coloring coded grading is perfect.

BUT!@!!!

OP, why is it that if you try to download as an excel file, you lose all the GREEN colored cells??? Darker and ligher Greens are just blanked out?
    I just sold a ring with 238 Strength on it yesterday. Also had 117 vit and 107 int on it. I just went to take a screenie but it was sold, for 1.8mil lol. buyout was 10 mill. Cant find any on the auction house with over 160, so pissed now nobody will believe me :/ Also very pissed cos now i know it was worth probably 100 times that. :facepalm:
    Quote from Trustfire

I just sold a ring with 238 Strength on it yesterday. Also had 117 vit and 107 int on it. I just went to take a screenie but it was sold, for 1.8mil lol. buyout was 10 mill. Cant find any on the auction house with over 160, so pissed now nobody will believe me :/ Also very pissed cos now i know it was worth probably 100 times that. :facepalm:

you must mean amulet, rings can't have str that high. The absolute highest Str on any ring possible is 232 on the skull grasp legendary ring, what you claim is literally impossible.
    Quote from Quantumvip

Quote from Irixian

-Mike

did it actually say 0.09% or did it say 0.09, because 0.09 = 9%

The row of the chart wherein those values fall is labeled "Life %". He has since changed them to whole numbers to remedy the error ;)

And yes, I am quite aware that decimals of that format are analogous to percentages ;)
    This is been an amazingly helpful thread in deciding the most efficient way to gear up and spend money. I was really happy to see this thread finally get feature on the front page a bit ago.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes