Next Expansion Speculation

They dropped hints of it being about Lilith in the next expansion so hard they might as well have just written it in neon lighting in Maltheal's boss room.

If I had to randomly guess, I'm thinking that it will be about Lilith perhaps attempting to use the Nephalim to wage a war against both Heaven and Hell.

As for a new class... a new class idea could be something that could use any of the main stats, something with abilities that function differently depending on what stat you're stacking. Wouldn't that be nifty... maybe some kind of shapeshifter that could be either melee or a spellcaster... maybe some kind of wolf-man... or maybe some sort of bear-creature or mystical forest hippy... I dunno, very strange class idea I know, very out there, never done before for sure.
    Quote from SeptemberCrab

I think that we, as Nephalem could grow a pair of balls and make our stand against both Heavens and Hells arrogance. Purge the Diabloverse! ^.^
    I am not willing to align myself with Imperius punk.
    And keeping Diablo in sort of Zoo. He has a pair of nice horns... You chop his head of, take the horns, he respawns.

I hope that next class will be pure Melee. Amazons could utilize spear combat. But Amazons can only be women.
    Barbarians are sort of... shamanas from WoW.
    Monks thunder teleportation, vortexes of fire... yeah...

The lore could be bent a bit to allow Amazons to be men. Like a sect that opposes the matriarchal society of Skovos.
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    Quote from Pietrak
    Quote from SeptemberCrab

I think that we, as Nephalem could grow a pair of balls and make our stand against both Heavens and Hells arrogance. Purge the Diabloverse! ^.^
    I am not willing to align myself with Imperius punk.
    And keeping Diablo in sort of Zoo. He has a pair of nice horns... You chop his head of, take the horns, he respawns.

I hope that next class will be pure Melee. Amazons could utilize spear combat. But Amazons can only be women.
    Barbarians are sort of... shamanas from WoW.
    Monks thunder teleportation, vortexes of fire... yeah...

The lore could be bent a bit to allow Amazons to be men. Like a sect that opposes the matriarchal society of Skovos.

But how would you picture "Amazon man"? It's a dude from Jungle wearing rags. Pretty much Witch Doctor, but melee.

On the other hand, i would be quite cool if next class would be one gender only.
    Quote from SeptemberCrab

But how would you picture "Amazon man"? It's a dude from Jungle wearing rags. Pretty much Witch Doctor, but melee.

On the other hand, i would be quite cool if next class would be one gender only.

Just like the Amazon from D2. But a man. You know, D2 Amazon with broad shoulders and a breastplate with no engraved tits.
    But... He would look lame >.>

Amazon http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/data/515/medium/art13lrg1.jpg
    She has that feeling of roman legionnaire... http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/267/7/6/roman_legionnaire_by_predatoryape-d2zdudx.jpg
    Last edited by SeptemberCrab: 4/13/2014 9:27:32 AM
    They dropped hints of it being about Lilith in the next expansion so hard they might as well have just written it in neon lighting in Maltheal's boss room.

I guess I missed those. Remind me again?
    Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    All in the Forger's wake is left bereft and fallow
    Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?
    The road's goal is the dark Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.
    -Excerpt from the Litany of Residuum;
    As Translated by He Who Brings Order
    Quote from Jinshin

I guess I missed those. Remind me again?

You can find the Inarius/Lilith story in the lore books across Pandemonium Fortress but I wouldn't call that hints toward the next expansion, just a re-telling of a known story from different views.
    Quote from Herecius

If I had to randomly guess, I'm thinking that it will be about Lilith perhaps attempting to use the Nephalim to wage a war against both Heaven and Hell.

I expect something along these lines as well. Lilith sounds sinister in the writings we find in the Fortress, and she wants to rule the universe.
    My wild guesses on the next (and hopefully NOT last) expansion:

New class: Bard (INT based) (why: remember the Bard in Diablo Hellfire? we also had the Monk and the Barbarian back then...)

New Act: Act 6 will be split up in 3 pieces: We're going to see Duncraig and Kingsport, followed by Skovos Islands and finally we're going to be in the burning hells again (Chaos Sanctuary, anyone?) Another wild guess would be the Jungle (maybe the home of the WD)

New feature: Never-ending Dungeon; with random quests, challenges and bosses inside. Once you die, you'll have to start again at the very beginning. (group play highly recommended)

We will probably face some of the Evils again. Maybe first boss is Andariel + Duriel as a pair, a corrupted Tyrael (corrupted by the Souls of Belial and Azmodan) and finally "The Evil Trinity" - all three brothers at once, but weakened. They manage to escape tho and we gotta face them in the next expansion.
    Quote from Drakhgard

My wild guesses on the next (and hopefully NOT last) expansion:

New class: Bard (INT based) (why: remember the Bard in Diablo Hellfire? we also had the Monk and the Barbarian back then...)

New Act: Act 6 will be split up in 3 pieces: We're going to see Duncraig and Kingsport, followed by Skovos Islands and finally we're going to be in the burning hells again (Chaos Sanctuary, anyone?) Another wild guess would be the Jungle (maybe the home of the WD)

New feature: Never-ending Dungeon; with random quests, challenges and bosses inside. Once you die, you'll have to start again at the very beginning. (group play highly recommended)

We will probably face some of the Evils again. Maybe first boss is Andariel + Duriel as a pair, a corrupted Tyrael (corrupted by the Souls of Belial and Azmodan) and finally "The Evil Trinity" - all three brothers at once, but weakened. They manage to escape tho and we gotta face them in the next expansion.

From my look at it, the bard wasn't official lore. I like the feature idea, but as for fighting duriel again? How would that happen, I can see Andariel, but fighting all brothers at once, that would be hard to see.
    New location: Skovos, because it's been in a regular convo of Tyrael just like how Westmarch was in D3 vanilla. Kingsport will probably the camp zone and you'd have to take a boat to Skovos at the start.

New villains: Nephalem corrupted by Diablo and the other Evils. Probably each Evil has their own Nephalem champion. P:

New classes: Dunno...and I don't think I really care. I'll let Blizz surprise me.

New end game features: Same with classes. P:
    Last edited by inkcheese: 4/15/2014 9:16:40 AM
    sto lavorando
    Here's My take on the class situation, or at least what I think would probably be the coolest.

Someone here already mentioned that instead of having an imbalanced number of int/str/dex classes, the alternative is to add two new classes who both use an entirely new stat. Here are random thoughts to this concept:

• Life-Force/Energy/Power (Call it whatever you want) can fit quite well for both a re imagined Druid and Necromancer. These two classes seem to be what people miss the most from D2, and they both can be reinvented in such a way that they are still unique. "Life-Force" or a similarly theme stat fits them both well, as they both channel the energies of life, only one is focused on the lack of life, and the other nature, which is very much life-like.
    • This would give a great opportunity to add another new gem to the next expansion. I'm gonna go with a lovely blue Sapphire
    ~ Helms - Resource cost reduction (or whatever else is handy and currently unused by the other gems)

~ Weapons - Attack Speed
    ~ Other - " + Life-Force/Energy"

• I'm not quite sure about what kind of defensive stat it could grant, apart from damage bonus for these two new classes, but perhaps plain damage reduction from ranged/melee/elites? Hell, even %life could work.
    I'm still thinking about more stuff to add to this, feel free to add.

Greetz,
    Last edited by BillyMancer: 4/15/2014 9:55:25 AM
    Since they added a STR class in the new expansion, Since we only had one STR class and 2 of the other INT and DEX

Might see in the new expansion ( If one ever comes out ) a mix of all the attributes.

STR STR (barb and glad) INT INT (voodoo and mage) DEX DEX (monk and dh)

They might begin to add some VIT classes aswell.

Quote from inkcheese

New villains: Nephalem corrupted by Diablo and the other Evils. Probably each Evil has their own Nephalem champion. P:

Lol. The Nephalem are more powerful than each of the Evils. So if anything, there should be a group of 7 evil Nephalem each having his own Lord of Hell champion.
    I had a dream last week about the next expansion, which was weird. Three classes, one for each stat (the STR was a 'knight,' the DEX was medium armored and dual wielded, and the INT was an 'adventurer' looking thing and had a backpack). The areas I saw started out in a forest and went into a ruined castle, which was submerged in some areas. Days later, I happened to look up the Skovos concept art and it did make me wonder since it showed submerged/water-filled buildings. Makes me think of Marius, "Why do things happen as they do in dreams?" Would be amazing to get three classes if it's the final expansion though.

Depending on how many expansions there will be, it may not happen in the next one but eventually we should finally see the 'final battle' between Man and Demons/'ultimate invasion' of Sanctuary by the Hells, as foretold in Diablo II's lore and the Prophecy of the End Days that D3 is based around.

"If the player thinks they outsmarted the forces of Hell and evil and they basically won, well, they are in for a big shock. Because what they are going to discover in Diablo 3 is that things have gone pretty exactly the way Hell wanted them to go all along. What we really wanted was the idea of a story where we do have some time away, it’s about 20 years later, and things have actually gotten better because evil’s been “destroyed”. But the truth is that it’s actually all just been a ruse, it’s all part of the plan. It’s really just making sure everyone’s nice and complacent for the real war that’s coming." - Jay Wilson, about Diablo II and why they did a 20 year gap

Another thing that we should be seeing is Diablo's endgame. We know he's been planning and plotting, always two steps ahead of everyone else in the universe. Even in Reaper of Souls after 'Justice was met' when we defeated him, we learn that Diablo had foreseen all of this and knew it would be us, the Nephalem hero, that freed him once more, which we did by killing Malthael, who had absorbed their souls in an insane gambit to defeat us. What is all of this plotting and scheming leading to? Well, the game was codenamed Project Hydra. There just so happens to be a hydra-like entity in the lore, Tathamet, the 7-headed dragon that was the original embodiment of evil that all demons came from. (The heads became the Prime Evils) There is a conversation with Tyrael about what the Prime Evil is and he talks about Tathamet. The Witch Doctor (who is frequently 'spoiled' about upcoming events by the spirits) and the Crusader (so you know they had future content on their mind) surmise that Diablo wishes to 'become the Dragon again.'
    Quote from BillyMancer

Here's My take on the class situation, or at least what I think would probably be the coolest.

Someone here already mentioned that instead of having an imbalanced number of int/str/dex classes, the alternative is to add two new classes who both use an entirely new stat. Here are random thoughts to this concept:

• Life-Force/Energy/Power (Call it whatever you want) can fit quite well for both a re imagined Druid and Necromancer. These two classes seem to be what people miss the most from D2, and they both can be reinvented in such a way that they are still unique. "Life-Force" or a similarly theme stat fits them both well, as they both channel the energies of life, only one is focused on the lack of life, and the other nature, which is very much life-like.
    • This would give a great opportunity to add another new gem to the next expansion. I'm gonna go with a lovely blue Sapphire
    ~ Helms - Resource cost reduction (or whatever else is handy and currently unused by the other gems)

~ ~

• I'm not quite sure about what kind of defensive stat it could grant, apart from damage bonus for these two new classes, but perhaps plain damage reduction from ranged/melee/elites? Hell, even %life could work.
    I'm still thinking about more stuff to add to this, feel free to add.

Greetz,

Defensive could easy be life regen, either life on hit or life per second.
    Quote from Pietrak
    Quote from inkcheese

Lol. The Nephalem are more powerful than each of the Evils. So if anything, there should be a group of 7 evil Nephalem each having his own Lord of Hell champion.

More powerful in terms of raw power. This "power" does not assure the Nephalem is all the wiser or immune to manipulation. It's no different from a fat criminal boss and his burly goons. The goons are physically more powerful than the fat criminal but that fat criminal is still the boss.
    sto lavorando
    we know 2 things for sure from the end of the game.

1) anything in the black soulstone is now free.

2) Tyreal fears the Neph turning against us

some interesting things to note:

Imperius cant stand us
    Tyreal is a mortal (at this time)

I cant think of a direction blizz will take it, But done right the pieces are there for a pretty cool expansion. My personal story: Imperius being fed up with the high heavens "poor" decision making and allowing Diablo to take over himself (imperius) to slay the Nephalim and bring "Justice" would be cool. The route to Diablo would have the old foes we've fought like Andy, Meph, Baal. It would be cool if different difficulties disabled certain things, like T1, no potions, T6 Regen is 125% slower etc. And if it was like Ironman style, you lose to one boss, and you need to start from the beginning again.

Tyreal would realize that the current hero(s) are pure in heart, and some how get his angel powers back to help rebuild the high heavens. Killing Imperius/Diablo, killed imperius but Diablo fled into the bowels of hell to find himself another suitable body. (the current Hero (probably the Barb) 40-100 years later for D4).

hopefully the 40-100 years later is in game time and not blizzard development time.
    Last edited by Gorship: 4/18/2014 2:21:09 PM
    Quote from Drakhgard

This thing sounds interesting. The rest of your post, not so sure. Maybe it would sound cool if I wasn't so biased towards fighting other Nephalem.
    Quote from Drakhgard

Hellfire wasn't produced by Blizzard, it was by Sierra, thus it's generally ignored completely now.

I think talents are almost certain feature of a major patch or next expansion, the collectors edition artbook has a whole bunch of concepts for it.

The cinematic hints to me that the world will turn against us, something makes them question our motives, and they go ham, and then we redeem ourselves at the end or some basic crap, but it could also be several things, I do think there will be another expansion for sure though, Diablo is free again, technically we haven't won.

I'd like to see more from patches tbh, even little things like adding a couple new rift tilesets/art every month or two, couple new transmog sets, 2-3 new legs, it's not a lot to ask, just mix it up a bit, keep it fresh.

Expansion features, I'd like to see more than one new class, maybe even three, things don't really need balanced in a traditional sense, focus on fun and choice, re-playability.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes