Map of Sanctuary (Complete)

Here is my very own fan-made map of Sanctuary that includes most of the locations that we have ever heard about in the Diablo series (manuals and novels included). I designed it myself using Solomir's cartography.

Its about 6 x A4 pieces big. It was originally drawn up from the DII manual's map, but then just after it was nearly finished Blizzard released their own updated map. So of course I then had to go back and fix my map to reflect the current state of Sanctuary with the Worldstone's destruction and everything. But that is also why the shape of the map is a little different. But don't blame me, blame those inaccurate scribes at Blizzard :P.

And as more information gets released (like when the game finally comes out), I'll continue to update the map accordingly.

Wiki Link" class="wiki-link">Wiki Link"/> Wiki Link (High Quality)

Download Hugely Massive Full Version (Original Quality)

Quote from "Jetrall" »
    WoW fans are nerds. Diablo fans are freaks.
    Wow. Really nice artwork. How long did it take you to do it?
    Respectful is a strong word...
    Wow, great job, Atru :D I always loved your art style.
    Why aren't you working at Blizzard?
    Lol, I wish I was working at Blizzard. I don't remember how long it took exactly, I slowly did it bit by bit over a long period of time. But it sure was fun, and its handy having it in real life too.

Quote from "Jetrall" »
    Nice work, Atru.
    Thanks for sharing.
    The map is AWESOME!!! Great job, Atrumentis! I hope we'll see more of your artwork! Great job, great job! I wonder where did Tristram got lost... Nevermind! The map is AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work!

Edit: I really like how you depicted Ureh and Arreat Crater!
    Rísta - ráða
    Fá - freista
    Biðja - blóta
    Senda - sóa

great stuff! thank you
    "you are a choir boy compared to me, a choir boy"
    Holy mother of Andariel!!! I forgot Tristram!!! How the hell could I forget Tristram. Ugh, I knew something was missing. I'll fix it tomorrow.

Quote from "Jetrall" »
    haha tristram isnt even important..nothing specia happend there...:D
    "you are a choir boy compared to me, a choir boy"
    On the artistic side, there's no doubt it looks amazing, an extraordinary talent put into a very good use.
    On the pragmatic side, please tell me you have a blank version of it, must more information is soon to come, not to mention it needs a lot of fixing.
    http://www.diablo.co.nr/
    - Everything you ever wanted to know about the lore of Diablo and never knew where to look (In construction).
    You know Atru, you could possibly work for Blizzard...

Maybe you be lead producer with the Diablo comics that I'm sure Blizzard would be interested in doing.

That'd would be sweet. Your art style is different than the WoW or SC comics, but it feels more gritty and dark, like Diablo should feel.
    Thanks Acid, but as it is I know I still have a lot of work to do to get up to Blizzard's standards. And hey, thats what I'm doing, practicing practicing practicing.

Quote from "Solomir" »
    On the artistic side, there's no doubt it looks amazing, an extraordinary talent put into a very good use.
    On the pragmatic side, please tell me you have a blank version of it, must more information is soon to come, not to mention it needs a lot of fixing.

No, I don't have a blank version of it, but its just as easy to edit it like this anyway. I've already made a lot of seemless edits to that map. I'll talk to you on msn about the fixes then.

Quote from "Jetrall" »
    I commend your fabulous work as I sketch it....
    your map is looking very good.. i would like the 'full version'.. but when i use the link i cant press the download tekst.. no link for download on that page :(
    dont know why.. is there anyway you could upload somewhere else? :)
    or maybe explain to me how i should get it from that other site :rolleyes:
    Wow that IS confusing. But its okay, its there. Way at the bottom, in ordinary font, are the words "Save file to your PC: click here". Click on the 'click here'. I hate those sites, they always make the ads massive and the download link small and insignificant.

Quote from "Jetrall" »
    i like it a lot. what program did you use to make it? hand drawn then made over in illustrator?
    -----------------------
    "What man, anywhere under Heaven's high arch, has fought in such darkness, endured more misery or been harder pressed?"
    -Beowulf
    Yeah, I hand drew it, scanned it 11 times (6 scans of A4 plus 5 for overlapping), then put it all together in photoshop. The background was made by hand too (tea-staining).

Quote from "Jetrall" »
    Holy crap! Now that is a Diablo fan.
    Can you draw Diablo for me...? :P
    Rísta - ráða
    Fá - freista
    Biðja - blóta
    Senda - sóa

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes