Diary found in the Torture cells before Butcher

Anyone else found this abit disturbing? I don't really know why but it really got to me. :QQ:

Iam talking about the letter that is a Diary, a man that gets captured and describes his last days before getting turned into a mad Demon by the cultists.
    I don't remember if I got that one yet. It sounds really interesting and sad. I'm going to have to go to my books and look to see if I got it yet. Thanks for the post. I would probably have totally over looked it otherwise.
    Ah yeah, I seem to remember getting that event once - was quite awesome indeed. Nice voice-acting too :)
    It has been said... that in the end of all things... we would find a new beginning. But as the shadow once again crawls across our world... and the stench of terror drifts on a bitter wind... the people pray for strength and guidance. They should pray for the mercy of a swift death... for I've seen what the darkness hides!
    ... I don't think it's safe here.
    Hoping for Pink Chain Lightning in D3!
    Prisoners log? Ends with Master feed me!! or something to that effect- If thats the one you mean, yeah its disturbing and well done.
    Yeah I got that one. My god there's a lot of random lore scattered around!
    Quote from Mormolyce

Yeah I got that one. My god there's a lot of random lore scattered around!

I like the one in Act II about the cannibal.

You find him in a cellar in the desert somewhere.
    Jurassic World – 2015
    I need to find this journal. My favorite so far, that I've found, is Warriv's.
    "Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."-Friedrich Nietzsche
    One of my favorite journals is Mira's Letter to Haedrig. The writing and voice-over is superb.

I don't think I've found the prisoner's journal yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it next time I am in that area.

Originally Posted by (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Post constructively or I'll press some different buttons next time.
    Its a nice book and a nice little event as well (i have a particular rememberebce for it due to it been the last one i needed for the achievmeent for books in act 1 ^^

Its a nice book and a nice little event as well (i have a particular rememberebce for it due to it been the last one i needed for the achievmeent for books in act 1 ^^

Me too! I ran HoA level 2 for so long that I thought the lore must be bugged :)
    i think not...
    i think not...
    sry error ...
    Nope, but I'll go look for it now. Sounds interesting
    I too found that one, and really like it.

For people wondering, I believe it spawns in that pit of blood right before the exit of the first lvl of the halls of agony. Maybe second level, not sure. It's the one that has a door you open, then go through the door, or you can continue around and go down some steps.

Anyway, it's journals like this that make me confused when people say this game is as dark as D2. I mean sure, if you're talking about color tone, but if you're talking about psychologically, this game seems WAY more disturbing, just cause they added so much more fluff(?) this time around. Like this journal, or the scene where Leoric beheads his wife, or the one where Ghom is feeding prisoners to other prisoners to fatten them up so he can eat them.
    You can only get this when the event in the pit by the exit of lv 2 halls of agony spawns. If you get it, then you hear someone calling for help as you near the door outside the dungeon. As you go to free him from the iron maiden, a unique monster spawns. After you kill him you get the diary.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes