My Expansion Act V Theory

Quote from Kethvin

Some nice ideas.
    There are a few loose ends that may be used in the upcoming (two??) expansions:

Major stuff
    - Adria: where did she go, what is she doing, needs a beating;
    - Malthael: missing, said to be in Pandemonium Fortress going insane, probably needs a reality check;
    - Black Soul Stone: fell where, and what about the souls trapped within;

Minor stuff
    - Templar's scrolls/tomes: need finding;
    - The Prophet (Enchantress): said to be an angel, who is he, where is he;
    - Other Sins: Need to be beaten;

Not sure if Imperius will ever be a boss, he may be rash and against the existence of Sanctuary, but still is good at heart, since he's an angel and all...

Just wondering - didn't the soulstone get "destroyed" when Diablo broke free? And we killed Diablo without entrapping him in a soulstone again, he's just... Dead, isn't he?
    And Diablo absorbed all the other 6 great evils, to become the "prime" evil, didn't he? That was the point of Adria leaving - she had to get the soulstones from the sins we already killed in the previous expansions, and trap them all in Zolton's black soulstone, so that diablo could get the power of all of them.
    Isn't the prophet she's talking about, the prophet we fight in the tomb of the nephalem when searching for Tyrael's sword in act 1? The one that spawns 3 nephalem warriors when we defeat him :o? Atleast he's named "prophet".
    Quote from Draco_Draco

Quote from Kethvin

Some nice ideas.

Major stuff
    - Malthael: missing, said to be in Pandemonium Fortress going insane, probably needs a reality check;

Minor stuff

Not sure if Imperius will ever be a boss, he may be rash and against the existence of Sanctuary, but still is good at heart, since he's an angel and all...

Just wondering - didn't the soulstone get "destroyed" when Diablo broke free? And we killed Diablo without entrapping him in a soulstone again, he's just... Dead, isn't he?
    And Diablo absorbed all the other 6 great evils, to become the "prime" evil, didn't he? That was the point of Adria leaving - she had to get the soulstones from the sins we already killed in the previous expansions, and trap them all in Zolton's black soulstone, so that diablo could get the power of all of them.
    Isn't the prophet she's talking about, the prophet we fight in the tomb of the nephalem when searching for Tyrael's sword in act 1? The one that spawns 3 nephalem warriors when we defeat him :o? Atleast he's named "prophet".

No, in the end cinematic you can see the Black Soulstone falling, intact. Diablo's soul, along with all the other Evil's (Prime an Lesser) were still in the stone. The point of Adria leaving, was to "tag" the souls of the Evil's so that they would be drawn into it.

The prophet I was refering to is the prophet that is talked about in the conversations with the Enchantress, so it's another one.
    Quote from Kethvin

Some nice ideas.

Major stuff

Minor stuff

I don't know about "good at heart" - remember that the angels in Diablo 3 are not the same as the angels in Christianity. They are simply the "light" side of a conflict, but they are not exactly all "good". Imperius did vote to destroy Sanctuary, which would have effectively been genocide.

Also, he was very obviously about to lay the smackdown on your character when he collapsed because Diablo turned off the lights or some such thing. He was also completely missing from the end cinematic when Tyrael assumed a place on the council as a mortal man.

And finally, there was that anime-style cinematic released shortly before the game launched, in which Diablo seemed happy to have Imperius give in to his wrath and thirst for revenge and kill Diablo. He even said "the trap is sprung" or something like that.

I stand by what I said before - I'll be very surprised if Imperius doesn't end up being an expansion boss.
    I'd prefer Act V didn't happen right after Act IV. I think it would be better if it was like weeks or days later or maybe a year later. And why should it be just 1 act? Because Diablo 2 had one Act in the expansion? Thats the reason we gonna go with? Why not 2, or 3 acts? Why not compare it to Warcraft 3 - it launched with 4 campaigns and the expansion added 3. So lets add 3 Acts alright ? :)
    It can be a good idea
    are you actually sure that there will be another act?
    I don't think they are going to go with the other Sins. How do you picture Envy and Pride?
    Maybe.... Maybe not.
    They should have Lilith in the exp.
    The prophet the enchantress is speaking of is the angel Inarius, he's the creator of Sanctuary alongside Lillith. You can read about this and their fate in The Sin War-trilogy!
    Very interesting. I would like to see this is the next expansion. Thanks for the cool read. I remember the cheat armor Leviathan from diablo 2.
    I'll summarize my mine:

vs Nephalem Adria or Diablo.

According to lore: Nephalem >Angels and/or Demons

Last confrontation: 2(or up to 5 if multuiplayer) Demigods bashing against each other, heaven and hell can only watch such epic proportioned bout. As either side rises victorious to save or condenm the entire creation.
    seems like a good idea !
    I'd buy it....Kurast here comes Blender Barb.
    I wanna kill those little pygmis again.
    Quote from RenescoD3

I'd buy it....Kurast here comes Blender Barb.
    I wanna kill those little pygmis again.

Oh man, imagine if one of the new classes in the x-pack is a pigmy assassin (o.O)
    Whatever. Whatever, whatever. I want to fight Baal again. He deserves much more farm.
    I think that the only way they can make the story get to some sort of closure is if we fight Inarius and Lilith, maybe in a second expansion...

Thanks ScyberDragon!!! you're awesome!!:D:D
    Wherever that Black Soulstone fell, by now it has surely corrupted at least ONE person, so going off that idea we could easily be looking at an expansion with lots of new NPCs. I'm guess Adria will be back, since from day one people have been asking what happened to her at D3's end.

For a new character class, I'm only going to speculate something with Strength as its main stat. The other stats are shared by two classes each already, so it makes the most sense to add either another Strength class or another main stat to the game, and I seriously doubt the latter is happening.
    i would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me i wouldn't want to hear it. i'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame; and then if i hit stormy seas, i'd have myself to blame. Zhaph#1849
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes