The Prophet

The enchantress tells us about the prophet but what is really confusing is could the prophet she is refering to be Inarius? In the Sin War he was known as the Prophet as he was head of the Cathedral of Light.

Another possiblity is because he trained her and her sisters in magic he could be someone similar to the Archangel Yaerius who founded the Zakarum church.

I'm torn between these two possibilities of who the prophet could be. I believe the second one may be more plausable because she slept for only 1500 years I believe and the Sin War took place 2000 years before the darkening of Tristram.

These unanswered questions are bugging me O_O hehe
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

I think these questions will bug us until the expansions are out :(

Thanks ScyberDragon!!! you're awesome!!:D:D
    i dont think that the Prophet has anything to do with the Angels or their council...... and i believe the expansion will be about the quest to find the "Dirgest Jewel" (or whatever it is called.. ;)....
    well we know that the prophet was an angel by the enchantresses dialog chats, and don't think blizz would make such a lore blunder as name 2 different angels as prophets to mortal (ok they would but dont' think they have in this case at least)

another wrench it could be lillith disguised as a angel who disguised as a mortal, to fashion an army to fight back against both heaven and hell for "her" world, this is supported by her will of making the nehpalem her personal army during the sin war.
    That would indeed be interesting if the prophet was indeed Lilith in disguise but I figured she would have tried to form some sort of religion or something around it to bring people to her cause. Be interesting to find out what Lilith has been up to all these years, I doubt she is still in the void since she got out before and she can probably do it again.
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

I don't think it is Inarius because:
    1) Yes, Inarius was the Prophet, but saving the lives of someone, in secret, just doesn't seem like his thing. I don't think he'd be concerned enough with their lives.
    2) If it is Inarius, it would have to be before the Sin Wars, cause since tSW, he's been stuck in Hell.
    3) All of Inarius's followers were killed by Lillith. Therefore, how would any of the Angels in HH alive at the time of D3 know anything about what Inarius did?
    4) If it was Inarius, I think he would have said more about his church, and not been secretive about his origins.
    5) Her master who was summoning demons was a Vizjerei. I don't believe they were really around until after the Sin Wars (why would the Triune or the Temple of Light allow demon worships to exists outside their own structures?)

I think it could be Malthael or Itherael. Both are known for being able to predict things incredibly well, and Malthael is said to be able to counter blows with the slightest of force - as the enchantress was clearly necassary to beat the early part of Act 2, I would the actions of the prophet count. The problem with it being Itherael is that, I believe, Auriel and Itherael said they did not know anything about the prophet. Of course, it's always possible Itherael was just lying.
    couldn't Inarius just escape from hell with all the killing prime and lesser evils in D1 and D2?

Quote from Nacho_ijp

couldn't Inarius just escape from hell with all the killing prime and lesser evils in D1 and D2?

Sure, he could have escaped in the last 20 years, but the Enchantress is from ~1500 years ago. I believe this is even long before the dark exile began.
    pretty sure it's Inarius. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/2586648748.
    Yeah pretty sure it's Inarius. I think they may have just retconned some dates.
    Yeah based on Tyrael's reaction to her talking about the Prophet my guess is it's Inarius. If the dates don't match they'll just retcon it.

P.S. Yaerius may not even be real.
    What about Rathma, Mendeln or Trag'Oul? After the final battle in the Sin War, Mendeln got instructions to train disciples, althought those might just be the Necro's from D2
    Quote from Vadok

What about Rathma, Mendeln or Trag'Oul? After the final battle in the Sin War, Mendeln got instructions to train disciples, althought those might just be the Necro's from D2

Eh, they didn't teach her Necromancy, and they probably wouldn't have made up a cover story name. Also, how would an Angel in the High Heaven know anything about them?

I agree, they're probably going to go with Inarius, I just don't think it's a good choice. There are too many issues with dates, motivations, and communications.
    isnt akarat the great prophit?
    Akarat is also known as a prophet but the Zakarum faith was formed much more recently than 1500 years ago I'm fairly sure.

They're probably talking about Inarius but The Sin War was supposed to be 3000 years before the darkening of Tristram I believe.

I think the Templar is actually a Zakarum follower?
    Well keep in mind, she doesn't acutally state how old she is, she just says that she has been asleep for 1500 years, she could be way older then that.
    I just want a little bit of tenderness :(

Where are you guys getting the info on the sin war, inarius, lilith etc from? Is it available online?
    Quote from Zrana

Where are you guys getting the info on the sin war, inarius, lilith etc from? Is it available online?

the books, I believe you can buy them online...

theyre pretty good books aswell. the black road is one of my faves :)
    Quote from Zrana

The Sin War is the trilogy. Book one is Birthright, two is Scales of the Serpent, and three is The Veiled Prophet.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes