The D2 heroes in D3?

I kinda thought that the barbarian in D3 was an older version of the barb in D2. I guess I'm mistaken. And I could totally see the assassin make a return in some connection to the demon hunter. They do have very similar disciplines.
    I dont think D3 needs to revive the old heroes, the new ones are great; a combination of the old heroes but with a flawless makeover, im just interested in see new classes or maybe ulockable new heroes like Trall, the lich king, Cain or maybe even Diablo......with all kinds of cool skills.....nooo wait wath about some skins for the heroes like a trall look for the barbarian (just skin, body, face and things like that nothing to do with the armors or other equipments) or a lich king look, a zombie look, an elf look, a demon look and stuff.......
    The good guys turning bad is getting pretty cliche. What if we were to get guidance from the d2 heroes, or training of some kind.

Plus the old d2 barbarian just got 20 years older and returned to d3 anyways.
    The strong must rule if we are to survive.
    I like the idea that perhaps the Diablo 2 quest consisted of all the playable characters who, all but one, died over the course of the quest. Their spirits should be more potent than normal humans and have clung to un-life in various ways. Necromancer would obviously be some sort of Bone/Poison Revenant, Paladin could be a classic ghost, Sorceress a mostly-skeletal Lich (Witch Lich?), and Assassin could be a hooded Wraith. I would highly enjoy encountering a foe that I could imagine to be my old character, come to visit revenge upon my new character.
    Quote from drahkenkahn

I kinda thought that the barbarian in D3 was an older version of the barb in D2. I guess I'm mistaken. And I could totally see the assassin make a return in some connection to the demon hunter. They do have very similar disciplines.

Assassin and amazon seem to be some kind of merge. Barbarian seem to be older as one of the other members posted. Wizard seem to be younger. Witch doctor seems a hundred years old.
    We gotta just hope for the best. Maybe they'll be coming back as bosses, lets hope so :D There are a lot of bosses that we've never seen before, but there's also the chance of future expansions holding them for us, but I'm also kind of hoping for some brand new classes that we've never seen before. We'll see how it goes(:
    Quote from PenguinSatanicum

I dont think D3 needs to revive the old heroes, the new ones are great; a combination of the old heroes but with a flawless makeover, im just interested in see new classes or maybe ulockable new heroes like Trall, the lich king, Cain or maybe even Diablo......with all kinds of cool skills.....nooo wait wath about some skins for the heroes like a trall look for the barbarian (just skin, body, face and things like that nothing to do with the armors or other equipments) or a lich king look, a zombie look, an elf look, a demon look and stuff.......

well we are not bringing WoW or warcraft and mixing it with diablo it won't work and i will get rid of the game if they did. They r two different universes.

On that side note yes the old characters coming back and being bosses just are too cliche and plus we already have something liek that with Jondar who is a templar, mind u who is liek the templar in a way, gone over to be a necromancer and was corrupted. I hope that we can at least bring the druid if not meed up with them some point in the future and in the expansions have a class that can shapeshift in some way or form because the lycanthrope to me was a amazing idea and i was excited for it when they had it in D2.
    noone really knows what happened after tyreal destroyed the worldstone so the fate of the heroes from D2 has not yet been revealed.
    Quote from drahkenkahn

Im 99% sure they said that the barbarian was the same one from the original D2. I think it was on one of the panels during blizzcon. And I think earlier on they said that as well.
    I would love to see a Necromancer in D3, if not as a hero, than atleast as some kind of wise NPC! Maybe a questgiver. That would be so rad.
    Having power doesn't mean having money. It means having the imagination and will to change things.
    I hope you have to fight them like the Ancients in D2.. ALL OF THEM AT ONCE.

Barb, Sorc, Assa, Pally, Druid, Zon, Necro vs. you
    Quote from EmperorBacon

Nooo why did they have to go mad?? It is a shame we won't get to see the Necro or Druid back for Diablo 3...They were awesome champions. Lycanthrope form was awesome and commanding an army of 30+ minions was the best

It was indeed the best at crashing my computer back then...
    The day you hit them all is the day you stop improving.

Quote from "Dubs427" »

D3 is like god - everyone keeps talking about it but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist
    I wouldn't object to the D2 heroes showing up again in D3/expansion(s). But I don't want to be using any of them as characters.
    I'd very much like to kill the paladin at some point, and the druid.
    I realy do hope you will meet your old chars in some way except the necromancer i want to see him in the expansion!
    Meeting old chars even if they were only little sideroles is great fun^^
    They even havent to be alive to shine in diablo 3 i think we can all remember wirret XD
    I hope for many many situations and spots where you will meet chars of diablo 1 and 2!
    Being a barbarian player in D2, I totally share the sentiment. And also after seeing / experiencing Harrogath in the expansion, i'll be really curious as to how he could make an appearance again. Can't wait to get my nerdy hands on the game... :)
    Well, I wouldn't mind the Druid coming back, but it's not gonna happen. They said when asked about the expansions that they would likely be coming up with new classes for them. However, as we've seen with the new classes in D3, they are just combinations or rehashes of the old classes. So it's possible we could see a shape shifting class of some sort, or a new paladin like class but not called a paladin. But I really doubt that we'll be getting a complete updated copy of the old classes, and I don't want that to happen either, no matter how much I loved my Druid.

I do like that we'll run into the old heroes, or some of them in D3 though, if it's just sitting around in town, it's kinda lame though, It's hard to imagine my old character not getting out there and taking part it the fights again. Although the premise seems to be that these new classes are much more powerful then the old ones. The Wizard for example is a much more powerful Sorceress, so it would make sense that they just simply aren't strong enough to keep up anymore.

I was under the impression that the Barbarian ISNT the one from D2, but that was just an assumption, it does make sense that it would be the same given how old he looks, but that's one bad ass mofo if it is lol.

Tired of the same regurgitated blue posts? Want more in depth coverage of
    the aspects of the game you want to know about? Check us out!
    i personally do not want the old classes back into the new game beacuse i belive that blizzard in this new game can create much beter new classes.
    but i dont mind the old ones comming back as mini bosses. :)
    Barbarian

The Barbarian of D3 is the same as from D2, albeit aged 20 years.

Blizzard has also said that we will see what's happened to some -- but not all -- the Heroes of Diablo II in DIII. But nothing beyond the above has yet been confirmed.
    Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    All in the Forger's wake is left bereft and fallow
    Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?
    The road's goal is the dark Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.
    -Excerpt from the Litany of Residuum;
    As Translated by He Who Brings Order
    Necromancer has to return. If you read up on the lore and such related content for the Priests of Rathma, you will find that they are heavily tied to the fate of Sanctuary.
    Just as the Scorpion hunts...
    Silently Lurking...

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted." ~ Ezio Auditore de Firenze
    Quote from Jinshin

Barbarian

The Barbarian of D3 is the same as from D2, albeit aged 20 years.

Blizzard has also said that we will see what's happened to some -- but not all -- the Heroes of Diablo II in DIII. But nothing beyond the above has yet been confirmed.

He is a generic Barbarian for quite some time now... he is not the same guy from D2.
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes