Top 10 Most Annoying/Difficult Monsters

Definetly stygians and Nihlathak.
    Quote from D4unas

Definetly stygians and Nicolah.

..?
    ...''Nicolah'' Tesla, perhaps?
    Quote from Siaynoq

Well what I meant was that no other class complained about immunes like Sorceresses did. And I hated that class in D2 so it served them right.

Poison Necromancers, elemental Druids, elemental Amazons and elemental Assassins required a merc to clear CS, too :P.
    Quote from Magistrate

Quote from D4unas

Definetly stygians and Nicolah.

..?

Edited for you. In my language it's too difficult name, so we called him like that or just "nick" :D. Soz, but after you quit game for some years, it might be difficult to remember such name.
    Oh, Nihl!
    Lol@this one time I was casting Bone Spirits like crazy and ended up killing Nihlathak without even meaning to do so. That also happened with The Summoner once.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions
    You should try hell hardcore nihk. NOt sure, but my barb with 5k hp, 50% dr, shield sometimes were dropping bellow 30proc hp.
    Imo the only monster that are difficult in a unfair manner is the Gloams because they are just bugged.

Imo Stygian Dolls is the way the game is design to "counter" AoE melee/mid range attacks like Zeal, WW, Fend and Hammers. If you fight those using skills like Concentrate/Bash, Sacrifice, Jab/Impale, etc.. you will only kill one by one and have enough time to heal yourself.

Imo people feels frustrated when the game "counter" one of your build aspects. They don't want to apply different tatics and buld more versatile character, this is why they hate the only thing that makes D2 playable: monsters that forces you to adapt your character and use a different skill set.

For exemple, IM can be easilly countered by using a good ranged weapon or magical attacks.

I allways LOVED all kind of immunities (except from bosses. Those shouldn't be immune). Running from monsters while fightning others was extremely fun and one of the greatest D2 features imo. Or you cna hybridize a little just to deal with immunes.

Now if you want to play a game were you click your left mouse buttom and see everyone explode and grab tons of l33t loot you may hate those features. But i want to play something were i have to struggle to win.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    ^
    | amen.
    This signature has been edited by Macros: 25 August 2010 - 04:00 PM
    Quote from italofoca

Imo the only monster that are difficult in a unfair manner is the Gloams because they are just bugged.

Imo Stygian Dolls is the way the game is design to "counter" AoE melee/mid range attacks like Zeal, WW, Fend and Hammers. If you fight those using skills like Concentrate/Bash, Sacrifice, Jab/Impale, etc.. you will only kill one by one and have enough time to heal yourself.

Imo people feels frustrated when the game "counter" one of your build aspects. They don't want to apply different tatics and buld more versatile character, this is why they hate the only thing that makes D2 playable: monsters that forces you to adapt your character and use a different skill set.

For exemple, IM can be easilly countered by using a good ranged weapon or magical attacks.

I allways LOVED all kind of immunities (except from bosses. Those shouldn't be immune). Running from monsters while fightning others was extremely fun and one of the greatest D2 features imo. Or you cna hybridize a little just to deal with immunes.

Now if you want to play a game were you click your left mouse buttom and see everyone explode and grab tons of l33t loot you may hate those features. But i want to play something were i have to struggle to win.

No1 says that its wrong to have those... Maybe it is frustrating, but it doesn't mean that we don't like that. Anyway. Certain things were really TOO op(bugged). Fire enchanted monsters before patch. Could 1hit max rez chars in hell...
    The thing is there is a balance between forcing someone to adapt, and punishing someone for just playing the game. I remember playing with my barbarian in Durance of Hate lvl 2. For some insane reason, every single stygian doll went directly after me. Even when the merc was standing just next to it or bloking its path, the doll went after me no matter what I did. There was no way to shake it of, distract it or whatever. Every single one of them did the same thing through the whole level. Try and adapt to that. Mechanics like these can get broken when not balanced properly and some of those I mentioned just were not balanced the way they should have been. There is a difference between making melee harder for you because you'll take more damage and making it impossible for you because you'll just die. When one single stray monster that your merc kills can rob you of hours upon hours of HC work without you actually making a fatal mistake, it's just wrong. As mentioned above, some of it was too overpowered. You can force people to adapt their gaming style without punishing them in such a strict way.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head!
    one of mine was the zyel immortal..

o.o

still has nightmares of that.
    A hundred thousand worlds, ten hundred thousand wars. There is no respite, there is nowhere to hide. Across the galaxy there is only war.
    Quote from D4unas

You should try hell hardcore nihk. NOt sure, but my barb with 5k hp, 50% dr, shield sometimes were dropping bellow 30proc hp.

He's also quite fun to fight in the ES mod. Just getting to him is crazy enough.
    shamans reviving up fallens are really annoying when you do your den quest. when it says 1 monster remaining and you just cant find the little guy.
    Remember the String of Ears

"to the worm in horseradish, the world is horseradish."
    THE most annoying monster for a melee class (barb myself) has to be the jumping sand frogs(?) from Act II

Just when you think you finally caught them and try hit one, it jumps up and hits you instead escaping unharmed... Oh and they usually move in packs of 5+ to spice things up ! Where is the logic in that ? Some damn toad is outsmarting my seasoned warrior :dry:
    While you are busy making plans, life sneaks up on you and pulls the rug beneath your feet
    They're kind of annoying the same way those vultures are. You just stand there waiting for them to land.
    It's possible to kill the vultures while they are flying. You need to poison them before they take off.
    Just as the Scorpion hunts...
    Silently Lurking...

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted." ~ Ezio Auditore de Firenze
    Stop being such a wus!

I was playing D1 again recently. Just minding my business as a warrior. BANG a whole level filled with monsters that were physical immune. FFFUUUUU

I get myself a sorceress and try the game again. I enter a level, BAM lightning and fire immunes. With a boss unique that was unique to everything but physical.
    How are those things fair. :P

As for D2, what I loathed most was the vampires. When I was weak and had to face them, huge pain in the private areas.
    I really hate those little stygian dolls. In hell i just get hit by one of those little suckers and die instantly. my amazon can kill hordes of monsters but if just one gets in there its bye bye lol. that is why i am glad i dont do hardcore or i would not get anywhere. lol

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes