''unable to connect to battle.net''

I used to play diablo a lot and then my cd got disabled soomhow so today i just went out and bought a new diablo 2 lod and i installed it and everythin and i downloaded the latest patch on blizzard and i tried to go on battle.net and it says''unable to connect to battle.net if using a modem u need to connect to the internet'' or somthin like that. i tried all the realms and none of them work and this is making me relly mad cuz if it doesnt work then ive just waisted $24.99 :mad:
    hmm, reinstall it?
    try portforwarding the port, www.blizzard.com
    If you ever meet a hafling and a hungry dragon you dont have to outrun the dragon, you only have to outrun the hafling.
    if ur old key was disabled......did u reinstall the entire d2 and d2 lod as this might be the case. i would do a fresh ocmplete install and see where that takes u

that happens to me more than it should. I just w8 5 mins then go back on. (if u do use a modem, push in the wire some more)
    k thx guys ill try and wait 5 mins then go bak and if that doesnt work ill delete all of the files for diablo 2 and download it again .ty
    you have xp??

if so
    start
    control pannel
    security center
    windows firewall
    advanced
    click settings under network connection settings
    add
    put in 6112 for the the internal and external ports, put the name of your computer and make sure u have TCP selected

you may need to repeat the process with 4000 in both ports aswell
    If you ever meet a hafling and a hungry dragon you dont have to outrun the dragon, you only have to outrun the hafling.
    k none of the reinstalling and stuff worked but im tryin darkjays suggestion and ive alredy added one and then put 6112 in the ports and did all the rest but then do i check the box beside the one ive created ?
    yes, it already shuld be checked but if it isnt check it
    thx for the help everyone but none of them wrked so i emailed blizzard and they said ive been temporarily banned cuz i tried to many invalid cd keys lol
    lol, how long of a ban? 7 days or 30??
    lol ummm i dunno they said they dont know how long it is but they said it will be less then 2 weeks
    prolly a 7 day ban thats not to bad lol
    Holy crap dude thats the problem, ive been trying to fix it for so long, shit well what email did you use to contact them or did you call them?
    Quote from Kristian91

Holy crap dude thats the problem, ive been trying to fix it for so long, shit well what email did you use to contact them or did you call them?

Same here, i believe. Hopefully it is. After my own key didn't work, i reinstalled D2 with my friend nextdoors key. And still got the same message.. Though I can play on the US WEST gateway, for some reason. But with me living in Europe, that gives me a huge lag...

And I also tried my key at another friends house (different IP..). But still got that same error-message. Sooo frustrating.

I guess the two keys i've used are banned then? for ~7days? Hmpf. I hope that i'll get my D2 back atleast! O;

Edit; Humm.. If I'm banned, how can I play on US WEST? Gah, this is really getting annoying.

-holmbom
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes