MF Areas!

If you have any information on awkward mfing areas that you find useful...post it here!

some places that i have heard of are:
    The Pit lvl 1&2(act1)
    The Crypt(act1)
    mephisto(act3)
    diablo(act4)
    pindleskin(act5)
    and baal(act5)

I am sure that there are many other great places besides these which is why i am posting this thread... to let other ppl know what they are! And i also want good places to mf :D :D :D !
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.diablo3.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=649&stc=1&d=1201149721
    World of Warcraft - Finnegin- Level 80 Enhancement Shaman

Diablo II - SICK_Caliban- Level 93 Trap Assassin
    What is mfing?
    Those before me shall quiver in my wake as I unleash the fury within!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    mfing is when ur MF equipped char does boss runs or cleans mf areas to get good items.
    MF Areas are:
    NORMAL NIGHTMARE HELL
    A1 Pit Lvl 1+2 TC 7 39 85
    A2 Maggot Lair 3 TC 17 46 85
    A2 Ancient Tunnels TC 17 46 85
    A3 Sewers Lvl2 TC 24 53 85
    A3 Forgotten Temple TC 24 54 85
    A3 Ruined Fane TC 24 54 85
    A3 Disused Relinquary TC 24 54 85
    A4 River of Flame TC 27 57 85
    A4 Chaos Sanctuary TC 28 58 85
    A5 The Worldstone Keep 1 TC 39 65 85
    A5 The Worldstone Keep 2 TC 40 65 85
    A5 The Worldstone Keep 3 TC 42 66 85
    A5 The Throne Room TC 43 66 85
    A5 Worldstone Chamber TC 43 66 85

The TC, or Treasure Class, is the class of items that a monster can drop. When an area has a TC of 85, the monsters will without exeption drop items contained in that specific TC. TC 87 (the highest TC) can only occur in areas of TC 85, as boss/uniques/champions classes have a +2 TC drop. These monsters can drop absolutley every set, and unique, or add the max prefixes/affixes on rare items (not sure if the boss monsters can drop zods in hell a1 tho). In other words, it might be quicker to kill a boss/champion monster in TC 85 areas than it is to do a baal run, as both baal or the boss monster can drop every item in the game. Say that the game decides to place 5 boss and 8 champion monsters within a TC 85 area, this would give you 13 chances to get the same item that baal can drop, so it is quicker, but baal can have 6 drops (i think). act1 is ideal because the monsters have low life, and are easy to kill, but you might have to adjust to suit your char more (ie. hammerdins are not effective in the krypt or mausoleum, both in a1).

250 MF is good, 400 is excellent, but pushing hard beyond 400% barely makes any sense, because a) you might not find as many non-magic items which can be socketed for rws, and b) you need to stay efficiently eqquiped so dying bossmonsters dont kill you with enchantments.
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.
    Ok but what does MF stand for?
    Those before me shall quiver in my wake as I unleash the fury within!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    mf= magic finding....my all time fave thing to do in diablo2 lod....anyways

caliban it depends on what u want..u want sojs or tal ammy u mf nightmare andy as she has the highest chance to drop both. it all depends on the item leval versus the monster leval. item leval is a hidden attribute each item has...and all monster levals (leval of monster) can only drop items with an item leval of the mosnster leval or less.....Theres a thread ill find and post here where i wnt into great detail explaining how it works....

anyways a few of my places(that u havnt listed) are nm andy nm chaos sanctuary and hell chaos sanctuary runs

ferrat tc leval has nothing to do with mfing..unless ur goin round opening chest but no one mf's like that its way too slow

http://www.diablo3.com/forums/showthread.php?t=970&highlight=magic+finding

check this thread out i explained everything u need to know and more about magic finding

by the way read then entire thread as a few people questioned my techniques and i had to shed some light onto them haha

God I always loved mfing. Pits were my favorite, next to Mephisto.
    The Countess would be good for runes, but that isn't exacly MFing, as Runes aren't effecting by MF.

Going higher in MF beyond (around) 600% is useless because MF is on a diminishing return, meaning that as MF increases, it gives slighter and slighter bonuses. The first 100% increases the chance more than the second 100%.

And TC (if you mean TreasureClass) does have an impact, as those decides what items and bonuses can be dropped. All monsters in Act 4 & 5 Hell can drop every item in the game, (though of course bosses have a higher chance). Mephisto has a higher TC than Diablo, which is why it is more benefitable to farm him.

/players command also affects MF, as item drops increase, which leads to larger amounts of magic items too.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Supporting big shoulderpads and flashy armor since 2004.
    Nice! thx guys! i appreciate the fast answers! well to go more into what i was wanting to MF Silver... I am more looking for SOJ's,High Runes, or Set Items! If you know of places that are the best for finding High Runes that would be much appreciated seeing as that is the major currency in D2 so it is what im looking for the most! =D thx
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.diablo3.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=649&stc=1&d=1201149721

yes...but ileval is much much much more going to help find a specific item then calculationg treasure class. Treasure class decides what type of item drops within a given Monsters leval. The Ilvl cannot be higher then the mlvl.

so like u said tc has a impact on what item drops...but u have really no controll over it...the 2 things u DO have controll over with when mfing are item leval and monster leval. The TC leval is where the luck comes in at deciding what the quality of the item will be....norm./..elite...ect and after that is selected ur magic find is brought into play to decide if your'e selected item is goin to be norm, magical,set,unique

and and for clarification to everyone else /player command cannot be used in muliplayer battlenet

soj's.....nm andy with anywhere from 400-500 mf....ive found 13 this ladder season already from here using this strat...let me know what specific set caliban as it makes a huge diff depending on set and specific piece

Runes I would say Countess. And as I said, don't bother with MF there.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

lots of people dont know this....but Hephasto the armour (dude who guards hellforge n act 4) can drop any rune in the game in hell..

I didn't, but the Countess is still a better bet I believe. She (and Andy before getting her quest completed) have the highest chances of runes getting dropped in the game.

countess is great to run for runes....specailly in hell where she can also drop keys as well

Some sets that i would like to find if possible would be like Tal Rashas, Aldurs, or Imortal Kings! Oh and i know that countess drops low runes but i sorta need high runes! thx for the little tid bit about Hephasto! =D oh and what about Ethreal items or Socketed items? does magic find effect whether items are ethreal or socketed?

thier is a much greater chance of finding a hr from hell andy than getting nothing dropped by andy... my luck should be due cause this happened twice
    If you ever meet a hafling and a hungry dragon you dont have to outrun the dragon, you only have to outrun the hafling.
    sweet thx a bunch darkjay!

the countess (hell) can drop EL-IST from her rune TC, and EL-LO from her item TC, along with those hf keys she sometimes leaves behind, which you can also trade for runes and equipment
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes