I got a few questions about PvM Assassin's charge-up skills and finishing moves:
1. Dragon Talon seems to be mostly prized for it's ability to hit extremely quickly, which is great for applying various debuffs/effects.
However is there any point in using Dragon Talon if i do not have those powerful effects (like crushing blows)?
It always seems to do very little damage compared to Dragon Claws - even with the highest damage boots i can find?!
2. I know that using Tiger Strike together with Cobra Strike will both increase the damage of the finisher move AND provide much greater life/mana steal because the finisher did more damage (thanks to Tiger Strike).
But how do Tiger Strike or Cobra Strike interact with Fists of Fire and Claws of Thunder charge-up skills?
Will Tiger Strike buff up the damage of Fists of Fire when used together on a single finishing move?
Will Cobra Strike turn the damage of Fists of Fire into life/mana when used together on a single finishing move?
3. I know Dragon Flight is often used as a "1 point skill" just for the flying.
However is the damage of Dragon Flight (when maxed and geared for it) anywhere comparable to Dragon Talon or Dragon Claws?
4. What is the exact purpose of Dragon Tail?
I never found a build that suggests using it, and i read that is has very bad interactions against mobs that are resistant to physical and/or fire.
Can Dragon Tail actually do comparable damage to other finishing moves?
Are there any situations where Dragon Tail's damage is worth investing skill points into?
5. If i am going for the Fists of Flame + Claws of Thunder + Phoenix Strike build am i better off using dual claws - or one claw + shield?
Also, when going for the above mentioned fire/thunder/phoenix build, is it better to use a "normal attack" or a "finisher move" to launch the charges?
Is there a finisher move that is especially good for the fire/thunder/phoenix build?
How do dual claws+Dragon Claw compare against the "kicking" assassins?
Do "kicking" assassins prefer to also wear dual claws, or do they go for the shield+1handed - or perhaps even a 2handed?
1. I think the point of using DTalon is to apply crushing blow as often as possible so i always felt as it's more of a Diabloclone/uber tristram killer build. For AoE damage you have to rely on traps
2. the damage amplification is only for the finishing move itself, not for the other effects triggered by CoT or FoF.
the damage of FoF is fire, so it would not trigger the life/mana leech of Cobrastrike. For example Cobra Strike charges also do not work against undead mobs, because you can't leech them...so it's just a super good lifeleech buff for physical damage.
3. dont know.
4. dragon tail with tiger strike = huge AoE damage (30k on character screen). for physical or fire immune you also get claws of thunder. i think you can play this build either with two claws (2x bartucs) or with claw+shield (e.g. bartucs + stormshield)
+skills are extremely strong here
5. never played it myself, but you can do both - 2claws or claw+shield.
2claws -> dragon claw finisher
claw+shield -> dragon tail finisher
but as the main damage of this build comes from the charges you should max the finisher move last
as far as i know this is a really exhausting build and it depends on the situation how often you want to charge up phoenix strike (1 for single target, 2 for multi target, 3 for clutch situations to freeze enemies)