Getting D1+hf for windows 7?

Hey there, as i just recently completed d2, im hungering for more diablo already, therefore i have decided to complete the very first one, SO the question is: How/where to get it, is it even possible on my windows 7?

Thanks in advance.
    Its not easy to find it, i suggest Ebay.

Some stores might have the old Diablo battle chest hidden in their stock room gathering dust, you might get lucky hehe.
    It runs on win7, but it's not easy to find an opportunity to buy it as not even Blizzard supports it anymore.
    Yes, should run under Windows 7.

Some hint if you are experiencing color problems (not my work):

for others having the color issue on windows 7, It is not drivers nor compatibilty problems, try this only:

#1 on Diablo exe file right click and go to compatibilty, and choose to run in windows xp sp2 than check these (I used the "Autorun" icon with the diablo image on it since I could not find an .exe and it worked the same)

-Disable visual themes

-Disable Desktop composition

-Disable Display scaling on high dpi Settings

and last run as admin click apply and ok

now the inportant part

before lauching the game, right click on the desktop and click resolution "change" "Dont change anthing (minimize it only) and than change background to solid "color black" only

Should work fine now.

---

If this wont help, I recommend a VirtualMachine with WinXP or Win98. Have fun. ;)
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    At this point, if you have bought D2 and have pre-ordered D3, just be a pirate and download D1 somewhere. I wouldn't feel bad if I did...
    hellfire is damn near impossible to find in stores, so i just downloaded and mounted an .iso of it from a torrent site to install it and now just run the game with my diablo 1 cd
    The Fountain of Knowledge
    Maybe what I say You will consider mad, but opening resolution change window, then booting Diablo 1 fix color problem on Vista/Seven hf :)
    Quote from Slaiter

Maybe what I say You will consider mad, but opening resolution change window, then booting Diablo 1 fix color problem on Vista/Seven hf :)

qft
    Good goood good good good
    I ran Diablo shareware (aka Spawn) - it still has the color issue but runs ok.
    Diablo 1.09b And it works perfect with win 7.
    Diablo Hellfire 1.01 has some issues but overall works,
    Lastly the Updated Diablo - The Hell Mod runs great and multiplayer is good too.
    The color issue can be addressed simply by making a batch file to kill explorer. Never have the color issues when I launch the game using the batch file in Windows 7.

Just make a new text file on desktop and rename it to "Diablo.bat" (or something similar with the .bat ext) and enter the following text:

@echo off
    taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
    C:\diablo\diablo.exe
    pause
    start explorer.exe
    exit
    Quote from AngusMacLure

The color issue can be addressed simply by making a batch file to kill explorer. Never have the color issues when I launch the game using the batch file in Windows 7.

Just make a new text file on desktop and rename it to "Diablo.bat" (or something similar with the .bat ext) and enter the following text:

@echo off
    taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
    C:\diablo\diablo.exe
    pause
    start explorer.exe
    exit

I have a registry Fix from TheHelper.net made by Sixen, it fixed it plus the NotAchance community also have a program that fixes it as well.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes