Φ Diablo I Moments

I hadn't played Diablo or Diablo 2 in a while, and all this Diablo talk drove me over the edge, so I went out and bought the battle chest again. Played through both games in the past few days. I love the atmosphere in the first Diablo. I wish we would have seen more of King Leoric, he seemed like such an awesome character as soon as you enter his tomb and hear "The warmth of life has entered my tomb." When you hear that you know you are going up against true evil. I hope Diablo 3 will have those same kind of "I'm screwed" moments.
    Ah, fresh meat!!
    i start it last night again ...
    i'm lvl 3 and i'm on butcher ... :)
    but nit have much time last night ... tonight i will kill him
    A knight is sworn to valor.
    His heart knows only virtue.
    His blade defends the helpless.
    His might upholds the weak.
    His word speaks only truth.
    His wrath undoes the wicked!
    I remember I saw Diablo for the first time in some games magazine (well, not some, it was Secret Service - one of the most renown Polish gaming mags at that time) and then playing the Pre-Release Demo version from some bonus CD of some other magazine in 1996 - it had only like 2 levels of the Church or so, but man, oh man, it was simply mind-blowing. :D

And then I've found little patch on the Battle.Net forums (which were just starting) that made the character go even 1 level further down in the labyrinth - if you were lucky, you got about 20 additional minutes of playing ^_^, but if you came near the Leoric's Tomb the game would instantly crash. :P Still it was a great taste of things to come. Good times basically. :thumbsup:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ahh memories keep coming from D1:) the moment I remebered the most was the ending. I did just dont get it.
    im no milk maid!
    The butcher is clearly the moment i remebered the most. I was running like hell and screamed at my computer screen:D man that was som scary shit:thumbsup:
    ++. the butcher and the ending was the top moments
    Quote from "LarryNC" »
    im no milk maid!

Yeah! It's a cow allright...
    Playing Diablo since 1997.
    Oooo!
    and when you get near the church and there's nobody laying in front of it
    so...no butcher at the second level, yeah, i'll last longer

or maybe like the sorcerer said:
    "His death (pause) WILL BE AVENGED!!!"
    like there's anyone near there, maybe Gillian can hear...
    Quote from "Darkzler" »
    That just destroyed the game!

One of the best is Farnham who babbles about Cain is knowing more than he does.

He knows more than he knows he knows!

Quote from "GrandRobot" »
    honostly i played d2, beat d2, and started the expansion before i even touched d1. coulnt handle it. friends thought it was great. i couldnt take walking every where :( it was horrible

Oh; oh no you di'nt!

How about trying on "The archbishop Lazarus... he lead us down here to find the lost Prince. The bastard lead us into a trap---- now everyone is dead, killed by a demon he called the Butcher.." for size. :P Love it.
    Long, long time Diablo fan; short, short time with DiabloFans.
    USEast D2 Ladder/1.13 Beta: Accnt = ChezPizmo
    USEast WCIII Ladder: Accnt = TeeheeSprinkles
    :offtopic: A cool, unrelated video; "Dude Bids 420 on Price is Right" ("420, Bob")
    "I'm nasty, I'm old and a little bit ornery; I look like Patrick Stewart and sound like Sean Connery."
    Patch 1.13 = (click here)

Best part was me and my Uncle were playin ok we got down to level 2 and we opened the door and an army of devilkin and skelys came and raped us. But when my Uncle died he hit potion at exact moment so it said he was dead but still had health in his health bar im like "COOOOOL."
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Killing Diablo for the third time.

"Death is love, embrace it with open arms."-Creed
    It was like in 1999 when i first time played...
    My best moment was killing Diablo for the first time, i will never forget that :p
    Proud Old School Diablo player.
    Well, Diablo was the first Action RPG that I played. I can say that meeting it was a great moment. Like many others I remember the butcher... and me running in the dungeon :P.

Other momemt was beating the Immortal King. I thought he was really an immortal, too many arrows, the only good thing was I had a bow of the bear that sent him back.

Diablo made me feel afraid most of the time, like the firs time I was in Hell, I didn't want to move me because I thought I was going to get killed.

I love the music, it makes you feel really the game.

Another moment that I remembered was wearing Arkaine's Valor.... Let the spirit of Arkaine protect me.
    I was so scared of entering the Church!!

When I saw the Butcher chasing me I almost fainted! At first he was so damned hard to kill!

So my favourite moments were when I killed the Butcher and also killing Diablo and the cinematic that follows, which is tremendous! :cool:

My *least* favourite moments: fighting those sexy girls with red and blue leggings and vampire wings which shoot stars at you, I got tired of walking after them to kill the last one standing! :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Obtuse enough to be a menace, and not stupid enough to be innocuous".
    Quote from "Alxael" »
    Diablo made me feel afraid most of the time, like the firs time I was in Hell, I didn't want to move me because I thought I was going to get killed.

Yeah, my older brother had a Rogue and he was just like you, so he never pushed the switch for Diablo
    it was up to me with my Warrior - if I recall his name was Danath named after Warcraft II (great game) - to kill the demon before him, and my brother had lot more levels than me, hehehehhe, big time...
    Quote from "Thrasher" »
    Yeah, my older brother had a Rogue and he was just like you, so he never pushed the switch for Diablo
    it was up to me with my Warrior - if I recall his name was Danath named after Warcraft II (great game) - to kill the demon before him, and my brother had lot more levels than me, hehehehhe, big time...

What a wuss, hahaha! ;)

I remember going around the "maze" filled with those tall Knights in order to get to the area where the switch was!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Obtuse enough to be a menace, and not stupid enough to be innocuous".
    Not a favorite, but unforgettable, stepping into the caves from the catacombs for the first time, and right into a mass of spitters.
    Killing digital demons since '96.
    THe first sight of king leoric made my day ;D
    When will we learn ??

PLAYING Europe Non-Ladder

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " A Swedish tiger"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes