Will ever be PvP in this game ?

Is there someone who still PvP in this game ? I mean everytime when i'm looking for a brawling game, i just select there Brawling and when i enter in the game they just play PvM...ffs. Will be this game somehow balanced in PvP this year maybe ? The other arenas will appear soon ? It's someone there who cares about that in diablo 3 ? This game was created to make PvP for god sake, not PvM again and again !!! The beauty of this game is when you stay 3 months to create a imba char and after fight over and over to show them wtf are u able to...diablo 3 sucks !
    Add me there for brawling -> mitza #2782
    Quote from Mitza

This game was created to make PvP for god sake, not PvM again and again !!!

No, the game was not created to make PvP, it was created for PvM again and again. One of the developers said in one of the playtests that due to all the overpowered legendaries with game-breaking affixes that "real PvP" would be incredibly difficult to implement at the moment. In the immediate future, I see no PvP being implemented. Diablo 3 is mainly a PvE game.

Quote from Mitza

diablo 3 sucks !

Thank you for your opinion, I disagree though.
    Hate much? I do agree that PvP still has a lot of balancing and tweaks ahead of itself, but right now Blizzard is focusing on more important aspects to the game, the "Creation of Imba Char". I am quite sure there is a group of developers there right now trying to figure out how to fix PvP and make it more playable.

But there is definitely no reason to hate the whole game simply because one minuscule part of it isn't up to par. Just give it some time, and create more "imba chars". I am quite sure you have not discovered every item there is or used every skill there is to this game. I have not even started Barbarians for example. Once I get bored of my class, or once a content patch makes them more suitable for me, I will most likely switch to Barbarians until there is something new.

TL;DR?

Wait for Blizzard to fix it, and while you wait, figure out more fun things to do in the game.
    ~NCSledge
    I'll be very surprised to see PvP before the next expansion hit the shelves.
    Quote from Bagstone
    diablo 3 sucks !

I find the game to be quite lovely at the moment. many fun things :D
    ~NCSledge
    Quote from Bagstone
    Quote from Mitza

This game was created to make PvP for god sake, not PvM again and again !!!

No, the game was not created to make PvP, it was created for PvM again and again. One of the developers said in one of the playtests that due to all the overpowered legendaries with game-breaking affixes that "real PvP" would be incredibly difficult to implement at the moment. In the immediate future, I see no PvP being implemented. Diablo 3 is mainly a PvE game.

Quote from Mitza

diablo 3 sucks !

Regardless, if you do or do not believe it's part of the series, we are entitled to PvP because it's a feature right on the damn box. Which means it was very much a part of the game. No amount of carebear quoting or circle jerking will disprove the facts of the matter.

Miss me? :)
    Last edited by riptide: 4/16/2014 7:45:59 AM
    Diablo has never really been about pvp, you had the duelling in d2 and that is probably as much as you will get in d3. If you don't like it, play something else. Hopefully they will stay away from pvp cause that is what makes most communites trash in my opinion.
    PvP isnt just a minuscule part of this game. Maybe, you guys dont see the pvp most important thing in this game but like me are there many others wich are waiting to dueling and this will never come. True, its more fun now after patch with those changes but now its time to figure out PvP.

In my opinion pvp its more than a half of this game.
    I hope not. PvP in Diablo series always sucked. Lets stay with the carnage against the hordes and demons of Sanctuary.
    Quote from Hakeshu

I hope not. PvP in Diablo series always sucked. Lets stay with the carnage against the hordes and demons of Sanctuary.

That's bcz you like PvM. You can't tell us it wasn't nice PvP in Diablo II.
    Quote from Mitza

Well, you can duel already. There's that nice guys in town that will port you in the PvP area and you can duel there as much you want.

You cannot ask for rewards since in the good old D2 days, there was nothing more than killing other people.

I agree on the fact that PvP was inserted as a feature and they didn't mantain their word about that; still a PvP system is something way more complicated than just "flag me as enemy and kill other players" - it needs rewards, tournaments, ladders and all sort of things not even mentioning balancing.

The fact is only one: Diablo is primarily a farming game. You can hate it, but it still is - it's the same thing said to people who were screaming about "Diablo has always been based on trading".

Sincerely, i hope PvP will make its way, so more people will enjoy the game. Still, its priority is very low compared to ladders and new content.
    I believe PvP or a PVE/PVP thing will come sooner or later.

Just needs to be executed PROPERLY.
    Not really worried one way or the other....but damn it I want to have an ear in my stash.
    Quote from insanetrasher

I'll be very surprised to see PvP before the next expansion hit the shelves.

I would be surprised/dissapointed if PVP WASN'T out before the next xpac was out.

With that said I think the game could survive indefinitely with just a ladder system and no pvp aspects beyond what we have already.

Really PvP right now is no different than what we had in D2, game size is the biggest difference that comes to mind.

There are plenty of PvP focused runes already in specific elements, theres just NO incentive currently and the actual gameplay sucks.

The skills and items were designed with PVE in mind. While a lot of time and effort can go into making a PVP mode, it simply won't compare to anything built around PVP from the bottom up. Examples include, but are not limited to, all the free MOBAs out there.

Just consider Heros of The Storm to be Diablo 3's PVP. It's basically that in spirit.

I think Diablo and I think some people will agree with me, that the franchise is based around PVE and never intended to bring PVP in too The game it self. But, I really love playing against other players PVP wise. So in one way another, I do really want to see some PVP action in Diablo 3 but would completely understand if it won't come to the game.
    I have to admit that PvP was a huge thing for me in Diablo 2 LoD. I spent about 10% of my time trading, 20% mf running, 30% PvP, and 40% PvE. I wish it was more a priority in D3, I guess only time will tell.
    Why programmers like UNIX:

unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep
    PvP in Diablo 2 was the only aspect of the game which was entirely entertaining. PvE just becomes too repetitive, too fast.

There are ways in toning down the items in 'PvP areas' that would help balancing issues.

There are also other ways of creating PvP like a PvPvE mode where there are objectives to kill a boss, or scavenging supplies.

I think one of the major factors with PvP would be number of players in one game. The developers made it clear that 8 player games were something they tried but felt with the amount of abilities going on made it just too hectic.

Either way I want competition and Ladders should provide that to some extent, hopefully they will add more game modes in the future, hopefully one being PvP.
    There's just not going to be pvp in this game. Look, we all saw the cool arena style plan they had a few years ago in beta, the YouTube vids are still there. We all saw what could have been. They just knew that arpgs aren't fit for pvp and never have been. The reason you think D2 had good pvp is cuz the world of ganking was fresh and exhilirating. There were no pvp systems in that game, just griefing and killing. Yes it was a rush, but there was no balanced system in place like delusional people pretend there was. You can't balance this game for pvp and that's just that. Now, do I think they could have finished their arena style like in the vids and released it despite being a crap show? Yes, sure, that would have been cool, but make no mistake there would be twice the whining and crying over that as there is from no pvp at all (besides brawling).
    I hope they remove brawling and don't add PvP.

Diablo is not a PvP game, never has been, never will be. Blizzards track record for PvP and PvE in the same game is pure shit. All they will do is wreck the game.

You want PvP, go play LoL or a FPS.
    Last edited by phoulmouth: 5/24/2014 2:00:07 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes