How to fix D3 PVP in 1 Easy Patch

I assume people wouldn't find it that much fun if they were constantly paired against guys like Kripparian, KingKongor or Archon, if they played 12 hours a day and could roflstomp them every time, simply because they played less.

That's where people will disagree the most. To me a Diablo-like PvP has to be somewhat balanced in order to be remotely fun. A "fair fight" is what most people look for in terms of competition, and also doing well based on strategy and skill (execution).

Not many people enjoy either stomping their opponent or being stomped every time. I can absolutely understand the fear of the developers to even step into this area. It's scary as fuck to them. Of course most people don't care, they "just want PvP".
    instead of nerfing to be able to PvP, do it different.

Buff the HP with like 100x, don't nerf any skill whatsever. Bring a debuff before to all starting in the arena and for example lock the chosen skills.
    Create PvP shrines, like phys-immune for 10 sec. / life regen 20k per sec for 10 sec etc. and make breakable objects and such (think about the anti-rush boulders in sc2)

This is far easier to make and needs no balance or a lot of blizz work, it also gives some tactics and skill
    it just needs to be much less work for blizz otherwise they will never intergrate PvP at all

Quote fromthePJยป
    instead of nerfing to be able to PvP, do it different.

Buff the HP with like 100x, don't nerf any skill whatsever. Bring a debuff before to all starting in the arena and for example lock the chosen skills.
    Create PvP shrines, like phys-immune for 10 sec. / life regen 20k per sec for 10 sec etc. and make breakable objects and such (think about the anti-rush boulders in sc2)

This is far easier to make and needs no balance or a lot of blizz work, it also gives some tactics and skill
    it just needs to be much less work for blizz otherwise they will never intergrate PvP at all

The only problem with that is it still creates an issue of balancing pvp and pve as one.
    I firmly believe the only way they will ever make pvp not a massive one shot fest is to make items provide 0 stats in pvp and have characters do a % of players max hp per hit against players that way blizzard will never have to balance items for pvp and players will never have to farm gear for pvp.

Lets face it nobody wants to play ''i farmed 1k hours so i one shot you'' pvp its lame just make items for vanity in pvp.

Last edited by Shrunken_Head: 12/20/2013 10:28:10 AM
    They're not going to add PvP now, they're going to wait it out until the next expansion to announce it. RoS is getting the vanilla D3 treatment, they'll leave it bare-boned and fill in the gaps until the next expansion.
    The only way to make PvP a viable gamemode is with Arena and Battleground style gameplay, which of course isn't easy at all.

If you're just talking about PvP balance, then sure, second skillsets are fine.
    "She's an absolute. Why just this last week I was. Ok look. I'm. Just take my advice." -Ungrien
    what pvp needs is way much more simple. few more places and the option to do 2v2. I like to one shot and being one shot is fun!!! In d2 when doing pvp we where getting owned by op sorcs and fistadins and we where also able to one shot. diablo should never be balanced around scale of items, if u want a balanced pvp pay 12eur and play WoW.

Make an arena ranking with teams and if you suck at it - too bad. change build, seek items, improve your reflexes and try again.
    hey guys, ive tried pvp in RoS and i think that we can make builds that are tanky enough to kill. Things like reduce 30%meele damage and 30% ranged dmg as we can see in new items, like storm shield, makes the pvp more intresting. I sugest that you guys try it out.
    Last edited by Bullkathos1928: 4/7/2014 5:43:49 AM
    Only one thing needed. Make pvp worldwide,like it was in d2.

Pvp atm is not working because it is so limited. Pvp in d2 worked because it was free as a bird and people could do anything imaginable with it.
    Quote from Zero(pS)
    As much as I'm attached to my characters, if people want some real competitive mode in D3 (and not something to just complain about balance later), I do think D3 would benefit a lot from a "Generic Hero vs Hero" mode. You choose some predefined gear, maybe two or three legendary items from a poll, preset stats, some skills with predetermined effects, and just hack away.
    Similar to GW2's structured PvP (heck, anyserious competitive PvP game). There's no "I farmed 1k hours, hence I automatically win against anyone who farmed less than 800 hours" feature in those.

I was going to come in here and snarkily respond that I have a better one-step to fix PvP in this game: remove it. Then I read this, and I can agree with that. It's my biggest complaint about equipment-based sports (particularly shooting), that it's not really a test of skill because all the equipment is so disparate.

As for the "free as a bird" comment, D2 PvP being the way it was is exactly the reason there were so incredibly many password-protected games. PvP ala D1 and D2 was nothing more than a griefing mechanic.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes